Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

3.6

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Alcohol Denatured, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Nylon 6, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, May Contain:, Ultramarines, Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxides

on 10/27/2016 10:58:00 PM

I feel this is a pretty solid three...very average mascara. While I found no real cons with it...it just didn't deliver much. Not much lengthening, no real volume. Did define very well and fan my lashes out. I don't curl my lashes but this stuff adds lift and makes it look like my lashes are curled-which is impressive because my lashes are straight and stick straight out. No droop with this. Water resistant and it held up today in the rain but then washed off easily. I didn't experience any flaking, clumping or smudging...and somehow, despite the huge brush I found it easy to work with and it didn't deposit any mascara on my eyelid-a rarity for me, and I usually steer clear of large brushes for that reason-because I have big eyes, oily lids, and short thin lashes. Took a lot of work to get any lengthening effect at all-I'm usually a one coat girl but this took two thick coats and some elbow grease to look decent. But if you already have decent lashes and just want something subtle...this is probably good enough for an every day mascara
UPDATE: Ive been reaching for this mascara every day lately because its just so easy and reliable. Its been raining a bit nearly every day here and I know this will not smudge or flake or run down my face if I get caught in the rain...I would give this a 3.5 but I still cant say its a 4 because theres no wow factor

on 10/5/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- no flaking
- no clumping
- defines

CONS

- no volume

COMMENTS: I don't get a fuller look with this at all, but it does do a great job at defining. I have no issues with this clumping or flaking. My lashes look nice, but still very thin.

Will not repurchase.

To Read all 819 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/29/2016 12:21:00 PM

I love this stuff! Every time I want to try something new, I ditch it within the week and go back to this.

For some reason it just works for me. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to dry out much faster than others I have tried.

I used to have flakies from this under my eyes like some reviewers mentioned, but once I started applying the second coat BEFORE the first was dry those disappeared!

Really didn't work for me. I curled my lashes before putting it on and man it takes so much work just to get my lashes to be NOTICABLE. It gives no volume, length or really anything but useless product. I would never recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was honestly shocked to see poor reviews. This mascara works great for me. I have a very specific curling method to curl my lashes and a specific way I apply my mascara that gives my lashes a "falsie" look. When you curl the lashes, invert the curler and keep repeating that until your lashes have your desired curl. Then swipe the mascara on just the tips of the lashes (this will lengthen the lashes) wait for it to dry, then repeat until you have the desired darkness. Once the lashes have dried completely after the last coat, tap mascara on the base of the lashes (don't swipe). My lashes stayed curled all day and had a nice falsie effect to them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I got the regular version (as opposed to the w/p version) in black for $8 at walgreens.

Anyways, I assumed that this would be a decent d/s mascara due to the fact that it's been around forever and seems popular. Not surprisingly, i was wrong... This stuff flaked on me right from the first use.

Maybe i just got an old one but I also just didn't like what it did to my lashes. It barely defines them (no volume and barely any length) so I'd say only go for this one if you're looking for a more natural look.

I will say that it never smeared the times i wore it--though there were all those little black flakes it left on my face... It also left my eyes irritated and watering one day when i wore up until like 10pm (after that i just stopped using it cause really, wearing a non w/p mascara that makes me cry is just asking for trouble).

Very happy with this mascara.

I always use a primer these days, and that always helps with me getting good results. This mascara lengthens and thickens my lashes nicely. It's not bad for the price, either. I LOVE the big brush that comes with it. It makes it so easy for me to coat all of my lashes with the mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the Very Black color, which is a nice deep, pitch black. The formula does add some length and nice volume - the effect is almost comparable to DiorShow. However, where it falls short is that I find the brush doesn't distribute the product evenly and creates small clumps along the lashes. I also find that more than 2 coats of Lash Blast Fusion creates a tarantula lash effect that is not attractive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

im not a covergirl fan on any level. i bought this because it was cheap and reviews seemed positive. i wanted something i could use for an every day look, nothing dramatic. well, it surprised me because it separated really well, gave great volume and length and wasnt clumping at all. its not a false lash effect but great for a natural look.

on 4/20/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in Very Black. It was the darkest shade. There was no "blackest black" but it looks that dark. I was dismayed to see that it did nothing while brushing it on endlessly. Finally after a long, long time I began to see lashes. It just barely shows after 4 coats! It gives far less volume and length than original Lash Blast Volume. I used this years ago when it was introduced and came to the same conclusion, but in my current mascara experiments I had to revisit this.

The good things:

- does not clump at all - can't, as there is so little on the brush no matter what you do
- very, very black
- looks retro, as if you are back in 1956 when just darkening the lashes was good enough
- no gummy lacquer to struggle with
- impossible to put on too much - never spiky or fake looking
- lashes don't get crisp and hard

It's almost comical how much they promise and how little they deliver with this product. If you want either length or volume you will get nothing. This is better than some of the newer formulas but it can't compare to really good mascaras.