Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

3.6

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Alcohol Denatured, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Nylon 6, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, May Contain:, Ultramarines, Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I got the regular version (as opposed to the w/p version) in black for $8 at walgreens.

Anyways, I assumed that this would be a decent d/s mascara due to the fact that it's been around forever and seems popular. Not surprisingly, i was wrong... This stuff flaked on me right from the first use.

Maybe i just got an old one but I also just didn't like what it did to my lashes. It barely defines them (no volume and barely any length) so I'd say only go for this one if you're looking for a more natural look.

I will say that it never smeared the times i wore it--though there were all those little black flakes it left on my face... It also left my eyes irritated and watering one day when i wore up until like 10pm (after that i just stopped using it cause really, wearing a non w/p mascara that makes me cry is just asking for trouble).

Very happy with this mascara.

I always use a primer these days, and that always helps with me getting good results. This mascara lengthens and thickens my lashes nicely. It's not bad for the price, either. I LOVE the big brush that comes with it. It makes it so easy for me to coat all of my lashes with the mascara.

To Read all 815 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the Very Black color, which is a nice deep, pitch black. The formula does add some length and nice volume - the effect is almost comparable to DiorShow. However, where it falls short is that I find the brush doesn't distribute the product evenly and creates small clumps along the lashes. I also find that more than 2 coats of Lash Blast Fusion creates a tarantula lash effect that is not attractive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

im not a covergirl fan on any level. i bought this because it was cheap and reviews seemed positive. i wanted something i could use for an every day look, nothing dramatic. well, it surprised me because it separated really well, gave great volume and length and wasnt clumping at all. its not a false lash effect but great for a natural look.

on 4/20/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in Very Black. It was the darkest shade. There was no "blackest black" but it looks that dark. I was dismayed to see that it did nothing while brushing it on endlessly. Finally after a long, long time I began to see lashes. It just barely shows after 4 coats! It gives far less volume and length than original Lash Blast Volume. I used this years ago when it was introduced and came to the same conclusion, but in my current mascara experiments I had to revisit this.

The good things:

- does not clump at all - can't, as there is so little on the brush no matter what you do
- very, very black
- looks retro, as if you are back in 1956 when just darkening the lashes was good enough
- no gummy lacquer to struggle with
- impossible to put on too much - never spiky or fake looking
- lashes don't get crisp and hard

It's almost comical how much they promise and how little they deliver with this product. If you want either length or volume you will get nothing. This is better than some of the newer formulas but it can't compare to really good mascaras.

on 4/8/2016 10:36:00 PM

I enjoyed this mascara. It defines my lashes beautifully and adds decent length and volume. It doesn't clump and pairs well with other mascaras. I will purchase this one again and again. If other mascaras clump I bring this one in since it combs through my lashes so well. Also, I experienced no smudging of flaking.

Eyes: Violet

This mascara is super clumpy and the brush is horrible. never buying this again.

on 2/18/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Disappointed. It took 3-4 coats (and a lot of work over several minutes) to get comparable length that other lengthening mascaras give with just two coats.

Length was nice, but about average as far as lengthening mascaras go. Bottom line: Way too much work and far too time-consuming to get an average lengthening effect.

The brush didn't really seem to "catch" my lashes, so I had to work to force the brush into my lashes. Again, this took too much time, and also made for sloppy application.My lids and lash line had some black marks, which is pretty unusual for me.

It also made my lashes feel rock hard, and irritated my eyes much more so than any mascara has ever done. My lower lids even looked a little puffy after a few hours and my eyes felt irritated. I didn't have any other eye makeup on, and would not say I have sensitive eyes or any allergies that I know of. I've used a lot of different mascaras over the years!

I really hate to be so negative towards a product, but I truly couldn't find anything redeeming about it to justify keeping. If I had to pick a Covergirl mascara, Lash Blast in the orange tube is a better choice.

on 1/23/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My current favourite mascara. No clumps if I don't put on too many coats, and it lengthens and volumizes nicely. I don't even need to curl my lashes before putting this on, because it lifts my lashes. I received a lot of compliments while wearing this mascara. I can keep it natural looking, or build up the volume for nights out. The big wand does make it a bit difficult to access the bottom corner lashes.

on 12/26/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Sat down to write this review after finally throwing the tube out. I had this mascara for 10 months and it worked great. It only started to deliver less and less colour and started to flake on me (which it has never ever done before) a few weeks back, it's also gotten a lot drier and I knew it was time for it to go.
I had mine in Dark Brown, it was my first mascara ever, and it was great. I continued to use it until now that it ran out, even after I purchased several other mascaras. I was too afraid to get a black mascara, so I got this instead. It wasn't waterproof, but it was still super long lasting. I have VERY oily eyelids, most mascaras would either flake (like the Maybelline film mascara, it was waterproof, but not oil-proof apparently) or smudge around my eyes (on both upper and lower lash lines) and look horrible. This lashblast fusion didn't flake, didn't smudge (even when it does, it is very minimal and hardly noticeable since it's brown, not black). It had withstood the rain with me, and even when it did come off, it did so in a very clean, non-smudgy fashion, I can’t explain the visualisation very well but it just did. In my experience, it gave me great separation, never clumped on me, coated my lashes evenly and easily. Since they called it "fusion", I supposed it should give us both length and volume. The lengthening claim is really true, it really did give me at least a few extra millimetres of lashes without fail every time. Volume, hmm, not so much, but since it fanned out my lashes so well, it did make my lashes appear fuller somewhat. The result is very fluttery natural lashes, it's absolutely perfect for those natural, no-makeup makeup kind of look. I think it was thanks to the brush, I really love the brush on this one, in fact, I washed and kept it, I hope it would fit into the Max Factor False Lash Effect tube I'm using, the brush on it sucks (for reference, that one is waterproof, it's pretty good, but it smudges on me worse than the CoverGirl lashblast fusion. They’re sister companies of sorts, the two tubes side by side is EXACTLY the same, save for the colouring and labels, same goes for their lipsticks). The brush is packed with rubber bristles, and they’re very well spaced, grabbed lashes really well, and the rubber is soft enough that it doesn’t hurt my eyes if my shaky hand happened to slip.
The only cons to this mascara I can think of is that it doesn’t hold curls very well, it does weight my lashes down a bit actually, not point-to-the-ground down, but I do find myself recurling my lashes after applying mascara from time to time. The smell is also pretty strong of something plastic, it does go away (you can’t possibly smell your lashes anyway), and I wish the brush was pointier/come to a slimmer end I mean, so I can get to the tiny lashes in the corner of my eyes easier. I still can, but only if I try really hard. Also I wish the handle of the brush was easier to hold. My hand shakes due to a few complications, and I have butter fingers. A more tactile material would be much appreciated.
Other than that, I think this is a great mascara, especially on the count that it does not smudge or flake. I will repurchase this if I could, and would recommend it to anyone, particularly for people with oily eyelids like me!