Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

3.6

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Alcohol Denatured, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Nylon 6, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, May Contain:, Ultramarines, Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxides

Really didn't work for me. I curled my lashes before putting it on and man it takes so much work just to get my lashes to be NOTICABLE. It gives no volume, length or really anything but useless product. I would never recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was honestly shocked to see poor reviews. This mascara works great for me. I have a very specific curling method to curl my lashes and a specific way I apply my mascara that gives my lashes a "falsie" look. When you curl the lashes, invert the curler and keep repeating that until your lashes have your desired curl. Then swipe the mascara on just the tips of the lashes (this will lengthen the lashes) wait for it to dry, then repeat until you have the desired darkness. Once the lashes have dried completely after the last coat, tap mascara on the base of the lashes (don't swipe). My lashes stayed curled all day and had a nice falsie effect to them.

To Read all 817 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I got the regular version (as opposed to the w/p version) in black for $8 at walgreens.

Anyways, I assumed that this would be a decent d/s mascara due to the fact that it's been around forever and seems popular. Not surprisingly, i was wrong... This stuff flaked on me right from the first use.

Maybe i just got an old one but I also just didn't like what it did to my lashes. It barely defines them (no volume and barely any length) so I'd say only go for this one if you're looking for a more natural look.

I will say that it never smeared the times i wore it--though there were all those little black flakes it left on my face... It also left my eyes irritated and watering one day when i wore up until like 10pm (after that i just stopped using it cause really, wearing a non w/p mascara that makes me cry is just asking for trouble).

Very happy with this mascara.

I always use a primer these days, and that always helps with me getting good results. This mascara lengthens and thickens my lashes nicely. It's not bad for the price, either. I LOVE the big brush that comes with it. It makes it so easy for me to coat all of my lashes with the mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the Very Black color, which is a nice deep, pitch black. The formula does add some length and nice volume - the effect is almost comparable to DiorShow. However, where it falls short is that I find the brush doesn't distribute the product evenly and creates small clumps along the lashes. I also find that more than 2 coats of Lash Blast Fusion creates a tarantula lash effect that is not attractive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

im not a covergirl fan on any level. i bought this because it was cheap and reviews seemed positive. i wanted something i could use for an every day look, nothing dramatic. well, it surprised me because it separated really well, gave great volume and length and wasnt clumping at all. its not a false lash effect but great for a natural look.

on 4/20/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in Very Black. It was the darkest shade. There was no "blackest black" but it looks that dark. I was dismayed to see that it did nothing while brushing it on endlessly. Finally after a long, long time I began to see lashes. It just barely shows after 4 coats! It gives far less volume and length than original Lash Blast Volume. I used this years ago when it was introduced and came to the same conclusion, but in my current mascara experiments I had to revisit this.

The good things:

- does not clump at all - can't, as there is so little on the brush no matter what you do
- very, very black
- looks retro, as if you are back in 1956 when just darkening the lashes was good enough
- no gummy lacquer to struggle with
- impossible to put on too much - never spiky or fake looking
- lashes don't get crisp and hard

It's almost comical how much they promise and how little they deliver with this product. If you want either length or volume you will get nothing. This is better than some of the newer formulas but it can't compare to really good mascaras.

on 4/8/2016 10:36:00 PM

I enjoyed this mascara. It defines my lashes beautifully and adds decent length and volume. It doesn't clump and pairs well with other mascaras. I will purchase this one again and again. If other mascaras clump I bring this one in since it combs through my lashes so well. Also, I experienced no smudging of flaking.

Eyes: Violet

This mascara is super clumpy and the brush is horrible. never buying this again.

on 2/18/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Disappointed. It took 3-4 coats (and a lot of work over several minutes) to get comparable length that other lengthening mascaras give with just two coats.

Length was nice, but about average as far as lengthening mascaras go. Bottom line: Way too much work and far too time-consuming to get an average lengthening effect.

The brush didn't really seem to "catch" my lashes, so I had to work to force the brush into my lashes. Again, this took too much time, and also made for sloppy application.My lids and lash line had some black marks, which is pretty unusual for me.

It also made my lashes feel rock hard, and irritated my eyes much more so than any mascara has ever done. My lower lids even looked a little puffy after a few hours and my eyes felt irritated. I didn't have any other eye makeup on, and would not say I have sensitive eyes or any allergies that I know of. I've used a lot of different mascaras over the years!

I really hate to be so negative towards a product, but I truly couldn't find anything redeeming about it to justify keeping. If I had to pick a Covergirl mascara, Lash Blast in the orange tube is a better choice.