Paula's Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

3.6

Not tested on animals

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents/suspending agents), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocotrienols, Tocopherols (vitamin E/antioxidants), Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10/antioxidant), Thioctic Acid (alpha lipoic acid/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid, Caffeic Acid (antioxidants), Beta-Glucan (anti-irritant), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), ), Epigallocatechin Gallate (green tea-derived antioxidant), Ergothioneine (mushroom-derived antioxidant), Glutathione (fruit-derived antioxidant), Xanthophyll (antioxidant pigment), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract (anti-inflammatory agent), Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract (antioxidants), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (emollient), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Lovely antioxidant serum, especially if your skin is on the dry side. Consistency is like runny honey and it feels hydrating. I stopped using this in the morning as I started using a separate vitamin C serum which this also contains. Also it takes quite a long time on me to absorb so isn't the best to apply under makeup. I've switched to using PC light antioxidant serum so won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice packaging, nice ingredients, absolutely no effect from using it. And I feel that it does not even absorb very well, it just sits on the surface of your skin. A very disappointing product.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I felt nothing actually , but my sister loved it , she noticed a difference in her skin , i bought the samples first and bought the product for my sister , you can buy it less here https://goo.gl/qfTpOR $10 less or you can have the samples first for free

on 2/5/2017 12:16:00 PM

Having been a skincare devotee my whole life, at 53 I came across Paula's Choice. How I wish I'd found it sooner - I could've saved a whole lot of money and disappointment in products that were never going to deliver. Since reading Paula's books "The Original Beauty Bible" (THE most comprehensive book on the subject that I've ever read, and what an eye opener. It should be compulsive reading for every woman over 20) and "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter w/out me" I am now educated in the tricks, sales tactics and deceptions widely practiced by almost all cosmetic and skincare companies. I know which ingredients to look for in a moisturizer (& which to avoid). And I now have a veritable encyclopedia of the best and worst of hundreds of brands so I never waste money again, or risk damaging my skin. It's knowledge I wish I'd had 20 years ago but nevertheless it will still be put to good use for the next 20 years. Every product in the PC range is based on what science tells us WORKS, not on deceptive claims by advertising departments.
Now to my review…
This serum is one of my Top 3 PC Serums (along with Resist Retinol and Skin Recovery Antioxidant). It's a very thick oil but within minutes completely disappears into your skin (so much so, that you can add a moisturizer over the top of it and you still won't have oily skin). It's testament to the quality of PC's ingredients that I can use this immediately following use of a depilatory cream with NO reaction at all (usually everything stings for 3 days!). You would also think a product so rich and thick would be a contributor to puffy eyes in the morning but I used this once as an eye cream at night, and now ONLY use it as a night-time eye treatment, and keep my other 2 serums for my face. These products are exceptional and my skin looks as good at 53 as it did at 43. I'm elated at no longer being sucked in and exploited by brands like Lancome, Clarins and Prevage (& if that statement surprises you, you need to buy yourself a copy of 'Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter'). You'll get an education you'll be able to use for life.

on 9/12/2016 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this in conjunction with other PC products and have to say they work well. I can't visibly see the difference this has made to my skin but I know my skin has remained calmer and happier than it has been for a long time.

I use this in the morning as an eye serum, as all over this can become to heavy for me. I'm oily acne prone and this can make my makeup oilier quicker. I use it mainly at night after toner before moisturiser and really like that my skin feels happy and calm by morning.

Have been using it for 5 months so far so good.

Made my skin feel clogged and like it couldn't breathe and irritated, so that after just five minutes I had to wash it off. I have dry-normal skin which has not reacted this bad to a product ever. My face was dryer after washing that it usually is! Seems like this serum was the culprit. I can't understand serums that have silicone as a main ingredient. For this product, it's listed as the second most prominent ingredient, and it legitimately feels like I'm just slathering my face with silicone. Yup pretty gross. I don't understand the positive reviews. Definitely would not buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this daily for a few months now and LOVE this serum. I bought samples initially because my skin is sensitive and can react negatively both quickly or slowly to a given product (I used a nearly a full tube of one of the PC moisturizers and loved it, but the mineral sunscreens clogged my pores eventually).

The serum is very thick and heavy, but glides on beautifully. I give it a minute the apply my moisturizer into which I mix the PC Vitamin C serum and some Argan oil. I started this routine in September, this in conjunction with Paula's 2% BHA and 8% AHA has worked miracles for my skin, HONESTLY miracles. By November friends were commenting on how great my skin was looking. THAT right there is your proof, when other people start to notice.

When my skin gets clogged I tend to get little breakouts on my chin, I was worried that could happen as this product is so thick, have had no adverse reactions. :-) Another positive, PC shipping is typically always free and is very FAST. Fastest shipments ever.

on 4/5/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Serum from a sample. I must say, I quite dislike the texture. It is very greasy and shiny, and takes a very long time to sink in. On the plus side, it does not irritate my skin, even the delicate area around my eyes. It reminds me very much of PC Skin Recovery Super Antioxident Serum, which had the same oily texture and slow absorbing time. For those who find this kind of texture workable, I would recommend Resist serum over Skin Recovery serum because of the additional anti-aging ingredients and non-irritating formula. Resist serum might be usable day-and-night for people with drier skin, but for skin with any oiliness, this product is only practical for nighttime skincare.

Since I used a sample, I can't comment on the effectiveness of the Resist serum. However, the ingredients are impressive and I think it might be a good anti-aging option for drier skin.

on 9/16/2015 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am not going to just cover this product, but the entire Paula's Choice Resist Skincare Collection. First of all, I was a sun worshiper and never worried when I was in my teens, that I would get older and have sun damage. I guess I thought I would remain a teenager forever with pretty skin. Wow! If we only knew then what we know now. So, as the years crept on, I would notice a slight dark spot come up and as more years went by, that spot became darker and more spots appeared. I have always used good products on my skin. At 18 years old, I was going to the skincare counters in the major department stores. Money wasn't an object. If I wanted it, I found a way to buy it. Anyway, the dark spots remained throughout the years and I hid them well with concealer. Always received compliments in my skin. But at night, those people did not see the dark spots when I removed that concealer. So, at 56 years old, I found Paula's Choice because Paula was on Oprah with her beauty bible book. The rest is history. I immediately went online and looked at her products and then called to talk with one of her reps. They were supposed to be informed on how to advise each particular skin need. Wow again! Best customer service in the industry. So, I ordered the Resist line and I have never looked back. Within three months, all the dark spots began drastically fading. I couldn't believe. And my skin became so smooth and pretty again. The texture, the wrinkles, the sun spots, anything that was on my skin improved. I could go without makeup for the first time since I was very young. I would just put on sunscreen and moisturizer and out I would go. And, Paula doesn't just give u little bit of product, she fills up the bottles. I know I will be running out of characters here before long, so I will hurry. I could never, no matter how many characters left, write enough good things about Paula's skincare. All of the lines get rave reviews. I am very honest and tells it like it really is. I do not sugar coat anything on reviews. If you have wrinkles, sun damage and overall poor skin and u want that glow and smoothness back in your skin, please try Paula's line. I wish I had just one penny for every person I had told about this line, I would be so rich. Ahahahaha. My only concern is that one day I might not be able to get her products. Oh my gosh! That thought makes me cringe. I hope this review will help someone, somewhere, who is at the end of their rope in skincare. Paula is different. Experience it for just two or three months and u will be able to write the same review. Thank u so much for allowing me to share how much I love Paula's Choice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to like this serum, but I break out every time I use it.

Initially, I was really impressed, but I started getting large, painful bumps about a week after I began using this. I also began using the Paula's Choice AHA at the same time. My skin cleared up, and so-- in an effort to figure out what was really causing the problem-- I tried using a skant amount of this serum. I broke out the next morning. Waiting for my skin to clear up means it's long past the deadline to return it, so I'm stuck. I'll probably try using it on my neck, in hopes I won't get breakouts there.