Paula's Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

3.6

Not tested on animals

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents/suspending agents), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocotrienols, Tocopherols (vitamin E/antioxidants), Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10/antioxidant), Thioctic Acid (alpha lipoic acid/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid, Caffeic Acid (antioxidants), Beta-Glucan (anti-irritant), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), ), Epigallocatechin Gallate (green tea-derived antioxidant), Ergothioneine (mushroom-derived antioxidant), Glutathione (fruit-derived antioxidant), Xanthophyll (antioxidant pigment), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract (anti-inflammatory agent), Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract (antioxidants), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (emollient), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this daily for a few months now and LOVE this serum. I bought samples initially because my skin is sensitive and can react negatively both quickly or slowly to a given product (I used a nearly a full tube of one of the PC moisturizers and loved it, but the mineral sunscreens clogged my pores eventually).

The serum is very thick and heavy, but glides on beautifully. I give it a minute the apply my moisturizer into which I mix the PC Vitamin C serum and some Argan oil. I started this routine in September, this in conjunction with Paula's 2% BHA and 8% AHA has worked miracles for my skin, HONESTLY miracles. By November friends were commenting on how great my skin was looking. THAT right there is your proof, when other people start to notice.

When my skin gets clogged I tend to get little breakouts on my chin, I was worried that could happen as this product is so thick, have had no adverse reactions. :-) Another positive, PC shipping is typically always free and is very FAST. Fastest shipments ever.

on 4/5/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Serum from a sample. I must say, I quite dislike the texture. It is very greasy and shiny, and takes a very long time to sink in. On the plus side, it does not irritate my skin, even the delicate area around my eyes. It reminds me very much of PC Skin Recovery Super Antioxident Serum, which had the same oily texture and slow absorbing time. For those who find this kind of texture workable, I would recommend Resist serum over Skin Recovery serum because of the additional anti-aging ingredients and non-irritating formula. Resist serum might be usable day-and-night for people with drier skin, but for skin with any oiliness, this product is only practical for nighttime skincare.

Since I used a sample, I can't comment on the effectiveness of the Resist serum. However, the ingredients are impressive and I think it might be a good anti-aging option for drier skin.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/16/2015 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am not going to just cover this product, but the entire Paula's Choice Resist Skincare Collection. First of all, I was a sun worshiper and never worried when I was in my teens, that I would get older and have sun damage. I guess I thought I would remain a teenager forever with pretty skin. Wow! If we only knew then what we know now. So, as the years crept on, I would notice a slight dark spot come up and as more years went by, that spot became darker and more spots appeared. I have always used good products on my skin. At 18 years old, I was going to the skincare counters in the major department stores. Money wasn't an object. If I wanted it, I found a way to buy it. Anyway, the dark spots remained throughout the years and I hid them well with concealer. Always received compliments in my skin. But at night, those people did not see the dark spots when I removed that concealer. So, at 56 years old, I found Paula's Choice because Paula was on Oprah with her beauty bible book. The rest is history. I immediately went online and looked at her products and then called to talk with one of her reps. They were supposed to be informed on how to advise each particular skin need. Wow again! Best customer service in the industry. So, I ordered the Resist line and I have never looked back. Within three months, all the dark spots began drastically fading. I couldn't believe. And my skin became so smooth and pretty again. The texture, the wrinkles, the sun spots, anything that was on my skin improved. I could go without makeup for the first time since I was very young. I would just put on sunscreen and moisturizer and out I would go. And, Paula doesn't just give u little bit of product, she fills up the bottles. I know I will be running out of characters here before long, so I will hurry. I could never, no matter how many characters left, write enough good things about Paula's skincare. All of the lines get rave reviews. I am very honest and tells it like it really is. I do not sugar coat anything on reviews. If you have wrinkles, sun damage and overall poor skin and u want that glow and smoothness back in your skin, please try Paula's line. I wish I had just one penny for every person I had told about this line, I would be so rich. Ahahahaha. My only concern is that one day I might not be able to get her products. Oh my gosh! That thought makes me cringe. I hope this review will help someone, somewhere, who is at the end of their rope in skincare. Paula is different. Experience it for just two or three months and u will be able to write the same review. Thank u so much for allowing me to share how much I love Paula's Choice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to like this serum, but I break out every time I use it.

Initially, I was really impressed, but I started getting large, painful bumps about a week after I began using this. I also began using the Paula's Choice AHA at the same time. My skin cleared up, and so-- in an effort to figure out what was really causing the problem-- I tried using a skant amount of this serum. I broke out the next morning. Waiting for my skin to clear up means it's long past the deadline to return it, so I'm stuck. I'll probably try using it on my neck, in hopes I won't get breakouts there.

on 5/11/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a much better value than PC's Ultra Light antioxidant serum, because it contains no water and a higher concentration / larger # of antioxidants. Just compare the ingredient lists. I can understand preferring the Ultra Light version if you don't like the texture of this one, which is (as others have said) thick and viscous, like honey but less sticky. Luckily the texture isn't a problem for me, and the cyclopentasiloxane doesn't bother my skin. I apply it second after cleansing, after a light lotion-style toner, to one area of my face at a time -- forehead, eyelids, under eyes, cheeks, nose, lips, chin -- using a rice-grain-sized dot on each and spreading till covered. It takes a couple minutes, and when I'm finished, it has absorbed everywhere and my skin feels fantastically smooth. This doesn't moisturize very much (which is why I put on a hydrating toner first after washing), but my skin loves all the antioxidants, and the glowy, healthy look persists. I don't use this daily -- I think the silicones could cause clogging even for me at that frequency -- but it's a great treatment for a few times a week. I use it both in the daytime and at night. It leaves my skin slightly shiny at first, so I apply a little powder afterwards in the daytime. (I rarely wear foundation of any kind, so can't say how this interacts with base makeup.) There is no scent, and the serum's yellow tinge is undetectable on my face. I use it so sparingly that one tube lasts nearly a year. Overall a very good product for me, and well worth the price.

on 1/6/2015 8:39:00 AM

This is an OK serum, if you don't mind the huge silicone content. Its consistency is similar to honey, but it sinks in relatively fast, so it's not uncomfortable to wear. Although the ingredient list is really impressive, I haven't noticed any visible benefits of this product on the short or on the long run. If you have dry skin or normal but it's winter, you'll definitely need a separate moisturizer as well. (The coated feeling in the first minutes after application and the weird texture does not mean providing moisture.)
The best Clinique and Estee Lauder serums, Paula also praises on her website are far superior to this. EL's Perfectionist makes my skin much smoother, and Clinique's Super Rescue for dry to very dry skin gives the necessary antioxidants, but also keeps my skin moisturized now in winter. Both products make my skin look healthier, more radiant and more even-toned, so I'll stick with them. Paula's advantage is meant to be the price I guess, but in Europe this advantage is lost as well, as the whole brand is much more expensive.
EDIT: I've changed the rating from 3 to 4, because compared to the majority of serums available this is still a good product, just not one of the bests.

on 11/25/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am sort of 'MEEE' on this serum, eventhough it does a good job of hydrating my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It lingers on the skin unlike any other serums I have tried, so I actually prefer to use this after moisturizer, which also works well. It hasn't had any visible effect on my skindiscolorations.

on 10/28/2014 5:25:00 PM

Well, I was hesitant to buy this product because of the relatively low rating, but lo and behold!!

I love it!! Instantly, I got a glow ( bec. of the 'cones' or antioxidants?- whatever).

Still have that glow after I woke up.

It didn't feel sticky at all, glides easily. No breakouts so far.

As for it's long term benefits, not sure yet.

I wanted to like this so much but I had a very bad reaction to it. There is somethjng in the product that I am allergic to because I broke out into small bumps every time I used it. Even though it is supposed to be moisturizing, I found that ultimately it was making my skin very flakey. My cantankerous skin aside, I'm giving this product low lippies, because the texture is bizarre. No matter how little I used, my skin felt like velveeta. Sticky, thick, wet. I really wanted to like this based on price point, ingredients and packaging quality but alas, it ended up in the trash.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for the past two months and purchased this because of all its super ingredients. On the positive side, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and my skin feels softer after using it. However, I haven't seen any positive results- no reduction in wrinkles and no improvement of skin tone. With the purported benefits of these ingredients individually, I really expected to see some sort of improvement after this period of time. I also don't care for the viscosity of the product. It's thick in texture and doesn't apply easily.