3.5

price range

Reviews

1.0

4 years ago

Disappointed. Although it has a lovely, summery scent in the pot, when applied it turns to a barely noticeable one. Although it claims to provide hydration for dry skin, it didn't come up to my expectations. The texture was harder to apply compared to other body butters, and the moisturising effects did not come up to the usual ones. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

4 years ago

This is the first TBS body butter which has actually left me feeling disappointed. In the pot this smells lovely - a very subtle lemon scent which seems perfect for the summer months - but on application the scent fades to nothing. It's also not very moisturising when compared to other TBS body butters. I definitely noticed a difference in the dryness of my elbows and knees when using this, compared with how they feel when I've used other ones. I won't repurchase this and will be going back to my old favourites like the olive one, which smells much nicer and is definitely a lot more moisturising overall.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I love the (non-pledgy) lemon-y scent of the sweet lemon body butter. This is a mid-weight butter - not super heavy - but certainly not light. Good for legs & arms.

About reviewer (2452 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Different people certainly seem to experience smell differently! I love this stuff. It smells of real, fresh lemons, and the smell stays true. Nothing sickly or cloying on my skin. It moisturises my heels better than pure Shea butter (weird eh?) and seems to keep my feet and legs glossy for 24 hrs. It is too rich for my hands. I've only given it 4 stars because it is ridiculously overpriced, like most body shop products.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

7 years ago

Ughh, i hated this product. This smells like plastic and lemon.. It was a pain to rub in man! I was rubbing one leg for 10 minutes until the thick paste finally spread a little. Its just too thick and also doesn't sink into the skin very well. It's better than nothing though. I tried using this as an overnight hand cream but my hands were just as dry the next day.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I love this body butter. I have really dry skin and I have been looking for a hydrating body moisturizer that's neither too dry nor too oily. The ones that you get in the outlets for dry skin are either too oily or the moisturizing doesn't last long. One of the reasons I love this product is that it smells amazing. I know a lot of people here say that it doesn't smell a lot like lemon but for me its perfect the way it smells. Its not too strong its not too soft (that you cant smell it at all). It has a pleasant smell when applied and it actually dries down pretty quickly and the moisturizer stays on my skin even till i wash it off the next day. I have tried on a few other fragrance from this range at the outlet and found this one to be the best among all the body butter from Bodyshop, others being too oily or smells horrible (fact!). I know most say its good for summer because it smells fresh but I like it in any condition. I mean who wouldnt want to smell and feel fresh any given time ?? The only negative I would say about this product is that the fragrance doesn't last too long. I mean I know, I don't need to smell like a lime/lemon through out the day but since it smells so fresh would love to have it on for a little longer. I am on my second box(bottle) and would definitely repurchase it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

I got a mini tub of this product as part of a gift set--were it not for that, I would have never given it a chance! I once bought a lemon-scented body butter from Winners (I don't remember the brand name), and when the Body Shop released their Sweet Lemon line, I imagined their body butter to smell much like the one I had gotten before: soft and sweet. Not the case: the Body Shop's version is strong with a sort of "grassy" note to it (I'm not sure how to explain it exactly...but it smells more like an actual lemon whereas the body butter from Winners smelled more like a lemon-flavoured dessert). I put it down and vowed never to go back to it. Then someone gave a Sweet Lemon gift set to my mom. She's very no-frills about her bath and body products, though, so she handed the set to me, and I decided to give the products a whirl. After smelling the body butter a few times, it happened to grow on me. I never thought that it smelled like cleaning products, and the reason it doesn't smell like Mr. Clean (at least to me) is the "grassy" note which I've come to appreciate. The texture is quite light, making it suitable for the summer, and the smell, while initially pungent, dies down quickly to nothing (which is why I removed a star). However, I see this product as a keeper, and once I run out, I'm sure to buy it in the full size!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

Smells good, like fresh lemons. Does take a while to rub in and even then it does seem to sit on the skin so I have to blot it a little with a towel. Good for overnight moisture, wouldn't apply it in the daytime personally

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

8 years ago

I'll give you all a slightly medical story: One day I was in the car and took an old mascara that vibrates (cannot remember which one, I think Lancome) and i put it on but there was a strange smell coming from the mascara. Eventually I wanted to vomit because it was so awful and I started crying because I was sad and also because I wanted the mascara to come off while i was an hour from home. Now, my little sister bought this and immediately applied it; I could not even stand next to her. She did it again today which is what made me review this. It smells like the mascara, but much much stronger. Maybe I am allergic to this smell or something? Although the only thing it does to me is make me unable to open my nose for several days... I am outright asking for help. As for the texture itself, I found it to be very greasy and light but it rubbed in very nicely no matter how much you put.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

the texture is nice and easier to blend than other body butter.i just dont understand the smell.people from the west might probably buy tbs body butter in coconut or mango scent.but those scents are too common for asian like me.so i got one in this specific scent that make me confuse.i definitely cant describe the scent as im not use to lemon scent.the product provides me worthy daily moistness,but there's no long run effect at all.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool