NARS The Multiple in South Beach

NARS The Multiple in South Beach
The Multiple in South Beach

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cetyl Dimethicone, Diisospropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Silica, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Euphorbia Cerifera), Ozokerite, Nylon 66, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

A deserved classic. This is always in my makeup bag from March - October. A single tube will last multiple seasons. The application couldn't be easier - works for eyes, cheeks, lips, everything depending on how much of a tan you've got! I just rub my finger on the tip and smudge on my face wherever it needs to go. No, it's not subtle, but who cares when it's so easy to apply and looks so good. Does not work with any other foundation; you need a bare face. It's ideally the sort of thing you smear on at the end of a long day in the sun before you move on to the evening cocktail party. I ended up buying this for gifts for friends because they all commented how much they loved it. South Beach as a tint is very forgiving and works well with a variety of skintones.

on 4/27/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am Asian, NC 30-35, mature olive yellow combination skin, prone to milia and hives. I used to use this a lot (applied with fingers), and I think if you are adept at highlighting it's possible to make it work. However, i have gravitated to a more matte look because the light, glowy nature of this tended to magnify some of my skins imperfections. The multiple also wore unevenly on my skin. (When I wore NARS orgasm or this product, I didn't prime or set). I also stopped using NARS orgasm blush because of the glitter residue it sometimes left.

If you want a subtle highlight, and you are my skintone or darker, WnW makes a 4 USD powder highlighter called Crown of my canopy (the darker companion to the highly acclaimed Precious Petals) that when applied (I use it as per another reviewers suggestion UNDER tinted moisturizer) that achieves what I wanted with the NARS. WnW fades more evenly. But, it may appear orangey on lighter skin tones.

Note: i have a bunch of lipsticks - too light or too bright -- in the failed MLBB category. If you dont want to waste them, they can be the basis of a DIY multiple stick. You can either just apply to cheeks and spread with a drop of primer or if you want to combine colors, you can melt down and add medium/primer (just a drop) for a cream blush that looks like a sheer matte multiple stick. Currently, i am using a DIY blend of Elf velvet matte Cheeky and Party in the Buff (highlighter) with some powdered NYX blush cinnamon.

on 8/13/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing multiple about it... but it's a nice blush on bare summer skin. Looks bloody awful on the lips (for me).

Yet, it's a great on-the-go blush for my purse, and especially great in summer.

My "house" makeup is mostly Burberry and Urban Decay (eyes), but my on-the-go stuff is almost all Nars, since it has similar sheerness and similar effects, but it's packaged with travel sizes. Even the eye palettes are smaller and lighter than UD....

I used to use this on my eyes, lips and cheeks but even with my best eyeshadow primer (UDPP for me), it still creased like crazy. I loved how it looked before the day went on though. Now I use this on my cheeks and dab a bit on my lips and top it with clear lip gloss, and I'm good to go. There's ton of product but it's definitely on the pricey side at $39.

on 7/15/2015 11:30:00 AM

A fraction too orange / twinkly for me Over time this product has sort of melted. I find it quite difficult to blend. I wanted to use this as a bronzer but it looks streaky.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this multiple! I started out with the travel size and would use it every day to give me a summery glow. In the winter I apply with my fingers and layer a blush over. I ran out and had to buy the full size.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

Now here's a product I wasn't expecting to like. But like, I do. Enough to buy even after I got rid of my other multiples.

I was trying this on in Sephora, and in playing around, I used my finger to apply very lightly to my temples and cheekbones, and it blended to create a very subtle, healthy glow that mimics the effect a bronzer has.

Now, when I try applying with a brush, it's a no go, because this formula is very dry. You end up with overapplied, under blended, patchy hot mess. So, use your FINGERS! Go small, in bits and pieces, step back and take a second to make sure it settles before you keep going.

That is the secret to this awesome product.

on 12/10/2014 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a very nice highlighter. I think almost everyone should own a NARS multiple. You know, just because.

Anyway, this gives me a nice glow. Everyone told me I looked radiant. Pah! It's all makeup.

The only reason I don't give it 5 lippies is because of the spreadability (or lack thereof). I have to dot this unto my face as it's quite dry. Also it's not really buildable. If you have too little and you want to just build up slightly, you may end up with an overly shimmery face which is not (always) what you're going for for every day.

But otherwise, it's a fantastic product!

on 2/11/2014 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is yet another Multiple by NARS that I totally adore. This is a beautiful and unique product because depending on your lipstick this will pull a little brown or pink (on me). If my lipstick is a nude colour then my look is very warm-earth toned and this pulls more brown on my cheeks and eyes; but if i wear a red lipstick (e.g. CdP R10 (sheered out with my fingers and a pink gloss on top) then my look is neutral and this pulls more pink on my cheeks with neutral pink/brown eyes. Both looks are very understated and very natural. As others have mentioned it's great for bronzing. I however use this as a blush, e/s, and lip stain (it's intended purposes) and I love it. If i want a pop of colour I add any pink or coral blush on top and/or simply apply a dark red colour. If using this solely as my lip colour, then I do apply lip balm on top. I will definitely repurchase these Multiples. I am a Multiple convert!!! Btw, I prefer using my fingers to apply this. For reference, I'm NC15- 20, NARS Gobi, and GA Luminous Silk/Maestro #3.
EDIT: I've dropped it down to 3 lippies because I cannot use this as an e/s nor a lip stain. As an e/s this smudges and creases like crazy. As a lip stain either it's too drying. Still good though as a blush but too expensive for it to be just that. No repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a mini size of this multiple and I've just started using it now that spring is around the corner.

It does give me a nice, healthy glow although I need to use it sparingly because I can see it looking orange on my skin tone. (Asian, NC30/C3)
I can see myself using this instead of blush for those minimal makeup days.

I wouldn't spend the money on a full size as I think there are other highlighters that are just as good for less money.