L'Oreal Brass Banisher

3.2

This product does contain a low-level of peroxide.

Awful. Made my hair even brassier than before I used it and I also left it on for over 30 mins. Wish I never used this stuff now I'm left with a far worst color than I started with. Sucks!

Could not believe the results and I cannot recommend highly enough. You immediately see it work its magic as it pulls out the yellows and reds. Perfect. I did it right after highlighting my own hair at home and the results are outstanding. TRY IT!!!! Definitely will buy again. My hair hasn't looked this great in years.

Waste of time,

I have naturally blonde hair with strong natural highlights, It's started to look very orangy recently so i thought i'd try this.

1) There's a lot of packaging and looks like it's marketed like a peroxide/hair dye product which i didn't love

2) Did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

3) Didn't break the bank, but for a one-off which doesn't even work, it was a lot of money!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My hair color is light brown with blond highlights. I bought this a year ago, and decided to give it a try instead of throwing it in the garbage. Did not work for me at all. The only good thing is that it evens the color (but the highlights tend to disappear). My hair are now darker and brassier with some yellowish gold... As a bonus, they feel dry and damaged.
It might work for blond hair... I will stick to my Manic Panic Shocking blue + conditionner home made brass banisher. I will not buy this product again and don't recommend it for darker hair.

This only toned down my brassiness slightly and I left on twice as long than I was supposed to.

I havee medium blonde hair with highlights. After a bad experience with another Loreal product that turned brassy, I used this product. I left it on for 15 minutes. It did not take out the brassy tone, but seems to have darkened my hair, especially the highlights. The lesson for me is to not mess around with my hair colour myself at home. I just need to go back to the salon.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is an awesome toner! I use it regularly to keep my colour looking nice, and I found I visit the hairdresser a lot less and end up saving a lot of money. I do find, however that I need to keep it on for longer than the recommended time, 30-40 minutes does the trick

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG this is a great product! Was freaked out after using Feria light to med Blonde hair color, used it all thru my hair yesterday and it was awful my hair was brassy and red and I was desperate to find something to fix this disaster! After some research found this product at Walmart and just used it on my hair and it looks so much better its actually the color I wanted to begin with. So worth the $$ I will buy another box just to have on hand. I left it on for longer 30 minutes like other users said to do and it came out perfect :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After reading reviews,, I was a bit nervous as most of the reviewers had colored or processed hair. I am a natural blonde and was worried it would not 'take''. Well I left it on for just over 10 minutes and BAM! all golden/brassiness was out. My hair was a bit darker - more ash tones and not all one color as I feared, but the yellow was gone and there were still some natural highlights/lowlights. I will definitely use this again, I feel my hair looks more natural and the conditioner is fantastic.

I didn't do much for the yellowness, but it removes some of the orange/gold, so it was not a complete loss. I left it for 10 minutes, i should have waited at least 20.
My hair is between a level 8 and 9 with highlights (frost and glow for blondes) and blonde permanent dye (L'Oreal les blondissimes extra light ash blonde), lots of brassy tones from lightening, and my natural color is a dark ash blonde. Overall, not very impressed. I will buy the Wella T14 and a 20 developer next time...I read awesome reviews about the T14 and T18.