Avon Perfect Wear Extralasting Lipcolor - Eternal Rose

Avon lipgloss in Eternal Rose

2.7

on 9/15/2010 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I won this from a magazine contest, and I have *tried* to love it to no avail. No matter how much or how little I apply, and no matter how short or long a time I wait, this stuff pills/gums up in a line along my lower lip. It also seems to collect in the corners of my mouth. Uck! Glad I won it because I would never buy it.

I've always loved Avon's glazewear l/g so this is a huge disappointment.

on 7/16/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have the new lipgloss that just came out (advertised by Zoe Saldana). The color and formula is just like the Loreal Infallible lipgloss. Its a bit sticky on the lips but it stays on really nicely. I use Avon's dew kiss lipbalm underneath, and then use this gloss, and its a good combo together to avoid dryness. Would I buy this again? I probably buy the Infallible because of the minty tingle. EDIT: this gloss is quite gummy on the lips. I dont like it.

on 3/22/2010 6:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

As far as long wear color/gloss lipsticks go, this one is good. I like the smell and texture of the lipstick, the color is pretty (very bright), and the gloss is very shiny. The gloss isn't very long-lasting (big surprise) and the color lasts forever. It doesn't stay flawless through eating, but you can add more color and it looks fine.

However, I did find out I'm not a fan of these types of lipsticks. You can't use lip balm because it might melt the color off, so you're forced to rely on reapplying the gloss all day. My lips feel dry and uncomfortable. Not unbearable or anything, but I am addicted to chapstick so it's unpleasant.

I think the tube might have leaked a bit in the drawer (not sure; it could have been a different gloss because it seems fine now), so be careful just in case. Make sure you close it tightly.

I've had this for at least a couple years and it works just as well as when I first got it, so unless mine's a fluke it should last you a long time. If you like this type of lipstick then I do highly recommend it, especially in this color. The pink is bright and fun. :)