Chanel Vendome - Rouge Coco

Chanel Vendome - Rouge Coco

4.9

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was the perfect brick for pale skin with yellow undertones: it was elegant and it made my eyes pop and my skin look so much nicer. Alas, the powers that be at Chanel discontinued it and did not offer anything remotely like it in its place - leaving me really sad. I have since moved on to Dior 999 which is similar and very beautiful but if Chanel would ever decide to start producing Vendome again, I would be the first to buy it.

on 2/23/2014 12:53:00 PM

The most beautiful shade that I have ever purchased from Chanel. Goes on smooth, stays true to color, can't say enough! May have to stock up on this one!

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/8/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love rouge coco lippies! They are my favourite. I'm not very good at describing colours, but I would say that this is a warm red, which isn't too deep. It looks classy and can be worn for every day situations, given the right outfit. It possesses the glamour of a red lipstick, without screaming red! If that makes any sense at all! I think this is a good introduction into the world of red lipsticks and I find I can wear it without lip liner. Formula wise, it feels creamy and slightly balmy, without feeling greasy. It apples fairly smoothly and has good pigmentation. Normally I dislike fragranced prodcuts, but I love the rose scent! Which doesn't smell too old ladyish. Wear time is better than average, considering most lipsticks barely last, I think it lasts well. It also fades evenly with a stain. I don't find it drying, I think it does well at maintaining moisture levels within your lips. I think it is just a gorgeous lipstick.

on 10/26/2012 7:13:00 PM

Beautiful neutral red! It leaves a lovely stain or can be built up to be a very classic red. This is my HG red lipstick.
The aluminum case is sturdy and feels well made and lovely. It's my favorite lipstick. The smell is decent. The product doesn't smudge on teeth and has a great staying power. I just love it :) Well worth the $30-something dollars.

on 10/24/2011 2:01:00 PM

A non-threatening red, whose pigment may either be toned down as a stain or built up for more drama. Long-lasting, non-drying and comfortable to wear. Uber complimentary for paler, yellow-based skin. An all-round winner really.

Love this. Red is often so hard to pull off, but this shade is vibrant without looking tacky or over the top. The texture is very moist, almost like a lip balm, which allows you to build up the depth of colour by applying extra coats.

The initial shine and intensity of the colour is not very long-lasting, though a residue stays on for quite a long time. That said, it's so easy and soft to apply that touch-ups are no problem.

It isn't cheap, but Chanel isn't cheap. It's such a wearable red that I think you get your money's worth from using it often. The packaging is nice - a metal rather than a plastic case, which feels expensive and heavy. I will probably repurchase this when it runs out.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this! I wear it almost every day because it's incredibly flattering, and wears off well--imparting a deep cherry stain on my lips. It's a warm, vivid and deep red. I'm definitely a red lippie kind of girl--and have found only a handful of nude lippies that work with my coloring. I almost always go for a brighter lip color. In general, I prefer red, juicy lips--so if that is not your thing steer clear. That said, I do believe that people of a wide variety of skin tones could pull this off fairly easily. It's warm, yes, but still relatively neutral. This is a no-brainer, idiot proof pop of red for me, and brightens up my whole face and makes me look pulled together--even when I'm not. Can be dabbed for a light coat of color, or applied with a heavy hand for a full-blown retro red, silent-film-heroine-just-bit-the-poison-apple kapow of color. Nice creamy formula, and do not need balm underneath it. Great lasting power and wears off to a lovely stain. Love it and will *definitely* buy it again as it is my most-used lipstick out of the scores that I own. I have a lippie "habit," and this is my number one favorite. Expensive, but used regularly--so worth the higher cost. And, it smells softly of roses, which is fun! Makes my teeth look whiter, too. Big THUMBS UP! For reference: NC30, blue eyes, blond hair, freckles.

on 9/17/2010 5:51:00 PM

I am not a red lipstick person, but I needed a red lipstick for my daughter's wedding this August. It was an outdoor affair and I had a hard time finding something that didn't look ridiculous on me. I tried several brands of reds. Even brought my dress in to see if it matched. I didn't wear much on my eyes (blue) so I knew my lips would be the statement. As someone stated earlier, your lips walk in the door first! (not in a bad way) The color was beautiful and in outdoor photos, It looks fantastic. I wore it to another wedding with a navy dress and it brightens my face and the photos looked great again. I got so many compliments on the photos and I usually hate how I look. I would have never picked this color and always shyed away from red, but this color is a perfect coral red that is warm, darker than I normally would wear, but works so well for special occasions.

on 7/19/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Alright so this lipstick is my first Chanel makeup purchase, and they have won me over! I've been wearing lipstick for almost a year now, and to be honest, I now have a lipstick infatuation. Every other lipstick I bought whether it was $2 or $8 would create a heavy feel on my lips, almost like a cakey weigh down, and the application was not so nice. So after much done research I turned to the Chanel counter to get some much needed help. I ended up with Vend˘me. It has such a wonderfully smooth application, it's light upon the lips but still gives a rich pigment; a striking orangey, brownish red color. To be honest it's totally worth the money. I can say that in my search for a good lipstick, I've wasted chunks of my paycheck on cheap lipsticks only be disappointed, and thrown in the trash. So if you have the opportunity to spend the money find yourself your own tube of Chanel. Vend˘me maybe my Chanel lipstick first, but it wont be my last. There are so many other gorgeous Rouge Coco shades, I'm definitely going to purchase others!

on 7/12/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Love this brick red. Perfect on my very tan skin. Great for day or night. Just brightens up my face. Love the texture and feel of this lipstick. Up until now I was using glosses and got a little tired of goopiness. Switched to Shiseido lipsticks but they did not have a huge shade selection for darker complexions. Chanel just stole their thunder! I have several Coco's now!