Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation

Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation

3.6

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil* infused with Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense)*, Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi, Holy Basil)*, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers)*; Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), [ /-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)] *Certified organic

on 3/11/2017 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I would like to preface this review by saying that if you have oily or even combination skin, it is best to avoid this foundation. But crack on if you have dry skin.

The coverage is light but you can build it to medium. It looks very natural on, very even and your skin looks like skin and takes on a wonderful glow. But it is a dewy even oily finish, you have to set with powder. Because I have combination skin, it looked quite oily and shiny so because of this I am passing on this foundation. But I think all other aspects of this foundation are great and you will love it if your skin is dry. That said, even though the formula is oily, I must say it wore off in a nice uniform manner throughout my face, unlike a lot of other foundations which wear off on my nose and forehead only, leaving obvious patches.

For my skin type I will stick to Vapour's soft focus foundation which is a glorious foundation.

on 2/26/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had some beauty goals this year - trying to "re-green" my beauty routine (I went green years ago but have backslid quite a bit), and also trying to simplify my routine quite a bit. Quality of ingredients and being cruelty free are important to me. As I've gotten older, mineral powders don't look quite as good, and Dr. Hauschka reformulated my favorite liquid foundation (the new one isn't bad but not good enough to be my HG), so I have been searching for a great foundation for a while. I tried both this and the RMS "un-coverup" at the same time, and I do like both, but I think the Vapour product is the winner.
First, the color match. Vapour Atmosphere Luminous Foundation in shade 115 is literally the most perfect color I have ever put on my face. When I swipe it on my face from the stick, I can't even tell where I put it! Second, the look and coverage - it is very natural, luminous indeed! It is glowy but not sparkly or fake. The coverage isn't super heavy, nor do I need it to be. My skin is pretty good, just some redness here and there. This makes my skin look even and smooth. Finally, I love the formulation and the stick form. The ingredients are just amazing. Organic, truly good for the skin. I don't find the smell overpowering or off-putting at all. It is just a bit earthy and herby. I like the stick, its easy to apply, easy to travel with, and it can serve as both a foundation and concealer. The packaging is recyclable aluminum, and closes tightly with a very satisfying click. There is more product in the Vapour package than in RMS's, so that's nice. Also, the company uses wind power and is very committed to being kind to the earth.It is pricey, but its not only a great foundation, but a concealer, and skin care too, so worth it, I feel. It's early to say, but this could very well be HG for me!

This is my first Vapour product. I can say immediately, I love the stick aspect to this foundation. I hope they do that with more organic foundations. It really makes application so much easier to use, especially in a time crunch which I am in frequently. ;) A few swipes of the stick, a damp beauty blender, and I'm blended and set in no time! Perhaps most importantly, I really truly am impressed how well my skin has responded to this foundation. I have had sensitive, acne prone skin these last few years, and due to that, I have some redness in my skin as well. This does a good job of to covering and decreasing redness without masking my face in foundation, which seems to be the unfortunate and unhealthy trend these days. This however, allows my skin to breathe and look natural! Ah.....so nice!! The coverage is a solid light/medium which I prefer; I don't like anything heavier than that. Also, this IS a moisturizing foundation. Definitely NOT matte, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work with combo skin, because it works very well with mine. It does a fantastic job of nourishing the dry parts of my skin while still giving lasting coverage to my slightly oily T-zone. After that, I use just a whisper of translucent setting powder and I'm good to go! All in all, very pleased with this foundation. Will buy again. :)

on 10/7/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry skin so most foundations tend to look cakey after a while. This one does not. It's more sheer than I would like but the texture and glow it gives to my skin can't be beat. I would definitely repurchase.

I have pale skin, with a neutral yellow base. I wear vapour 100.
At first I really loved this, but I've had to give in and admit it just isn't suited to my skin type. I have oily skin, and this is designed for dry skin, so it leaves me looking overly oily, and it tends to slip around. It's a shame, because it really does give you a luminous look. I imagine on someone with dry skin it would be fantasticly moisturising and I don't think it would look as oily as it does on me. Also you can't beat the ingredients, it's like wearing skin food.

Colour is great for me, it isn't too pink, but sits nicely in the neutral camp, if you know what I mean.

Price is OK, but there is a lot of wastage once you get to the end, there's a lot of the product left inside the metal ring, which (being a hater of waste) I dug out with my finger nail (an extra weeks wear!)

The packaging does look good, feels good quality.

Not buying again but only because it isn't for my oily skin, it's still a top class product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am 42 and have wrinkles showing, they are starting to define what my definition of cakey is now. This foundation ranked #1 for my self picture test, and my Husbands thumbs up or down cakey test. I can not stress enough that gals need to know what product they are purchasing and how it correlates to their skin, before reviewing or defaming said product. This happens a lot on this site, for all sorts of items. It is also not appropriate to slam a product for reasons having to do with buyers remorse. ie: having to pay for samples.
I see on the first page, two reviews slamming this as not for oily skin and leaving 1 star. No sh** Sherlock. This is for DRY AGING SKIN !!!! Gals that slam things and can not take 30 seconds to read the product description just hurt everyone that is trying to make an informed decision.

I have dry, aging, sensitive skin. If you use this atop of the concealer and you moisture for the day, it will be luminous and lovely. I set if with some just matte by jane iredale. (not beyond matte because that is just for oily skin) The finish for this and their concealer is really remarkable. I think it is better than Guerlain parure lumiere or Chanel lift. I also recently tried absolue, and it smells like gilette shaving cream and irritated my asthma. I find that the wrinkles on the cheeks, forehead, and eye area look less cakey than with the above foundatons. The finish is not like surreal skin (mac) but how one expects a pearl powder to look. The eye area will look nice. Just put your moisture and eye cream on first, then dab the areas with concealer. Finish with a setting powder or not, depending upon the look you want. I can use 115 I have brown hair and green eyes. Welsh, Irish, Dutch..... These are not too yellow or too pink. I am neutral, and I think that 110 and 115 are really neutral. I was not a fan of dabbing all over my face, just need to use a warm hand and face. I likey!!
115 is like beige clair in guerlain. I fiound that parure extreme was lighter than parure lumiere. The difference is that of 115 to 110 in Vapour. This is for the stick vapour foundation. If you do get samples, they give you a coupon for ten dollars off of any full size. I have the eyeliner in viper? It is an eggplant/maroon shade that looks great with my green eyes. I also use it to mauve out a pink lip. I found the concealer to be better than the dior naked concealer.

I may have left a review already. If so, sorry.

on 7/6/2014 12:15:00 AM

Look, I really like this foundation! I've been working my way through a bunch of samples. Personally, I do not use it all over, but more like an illuminating concealer on spots, under eye and on eye lid. Shade #115 is best for me for this (at the moment anyway). I will most certainly order a full size. It is a bit expensive, but considering it is all natural, I will just pay for it. I also sampled a blush. Samples are crazy expensive I feel. Especially as you have to get samples, as you cannot go in store to test. That kinda sucks. I actually bought myself a full sized W3ll people foundation stick (without sampling), but I find it way too dry and MUCH prefer the Vapour. And I do not have try skin. It is pretty damn normal. It is winter here in Australia, so maybe the w3ll people will be better in summer?! Time will tell !

on 5/16/2014 8:50:00 AM

This foundation is really awesome all-around. It is extremely portable (comes in a stick form- lovely!) and is idiot-proof. You just swipe the stick on areas that require coverage and blend with your fingers. Easy and fast- my favorite! This provides sheer to medium coverage. I do not like to layer on too much of this product, because it starts to look unnatural, but you can definitely get good coverage without piling it on. Although I have oily skin, I really appreciate that the composition of this foundation stick is primarily oil. It makes the product really easy to blend and it does not exacerbate any existing skin conditions that I may have. The luminosity in this product is pretty awesome as it gives a nice glow without looking greasy or shiny. It can also double as a concealer (I use it under my eyes and it does a great job of brightening). My only semi-complaint is that the color selection that you see on the website does not accurately represent the color of the product. I got the color s90 because I am very white (but on the website, s90 is GHOSTLY pale), and I was surprised to see that it is a peachy ivory. The color wound up being a good match, but I think the company should do a better job of representing its color selection. I still am in love with this product, so I am giving it 5 lippies.

on 2/11/2013 7:51:00 PM

I absolutely hate this foundation. I've spent $17.30 on 5 generous samples (Sephora sized) and this is the worst money spent because I cannot even use these samples. It is extremely oily and tacky, it just never dries out on your face, it just sits on top of your skin and if you even slightly touch your face it wipes off. Because it is super oily (imagine applying olive oil all over your face oily) it causes breakouts. Don't even get me started on the scent - plain disgusting, it smells like went bad broccoli oil or patchouli. I usually don't mind smell in skincare or cosmetics as long as it's a pleasant one.
If after all this you still want to try this out let me give you some tips on colors as they are much darker than what you would expect from the web description.
S090 = NW15, s100 = NW17, s110 = NW20 all with strong pink undertones
s115 = NW/NC25 with neutral undertone
This foundation can only work for someone with super and I mean super dry skin.
BTW my skin is combination and I am NW15, the 1st color was not a bad color choice.
I hope this helps.

on 1/10/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is superb. It feels good on my skin, and my skin feels wonderful with it on. I like the stick format since you can add more to trouble spots (for me, rosacea redness) and less elsewhere very easily. Great color matching and organic. My skin is quite reactive to botanicals, and it has been very frustrating to search for healthy, non-animal-tested cosmetics that don't flare up my skin. Finally, I've found something that works wonderfully. Their skin perfector is fabulous, too.