Yves Saint Laurent Faux cils - noir radical

Yves Saint Laurent Faux cils - noir radical

3.1

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Shame on me for wavering! I went with the intention to buy Faux Cills the original, which I saw that had a pretty high rating and wanted to try. The lady told me it's the same, only blacker. After reading the reviews for both products I have to conclude that that was not the case.

Pros:
- lengthens and gives volume
- very black
- keeps the lashes soft

Cons:
- smudges in 1-2 hours tops
- expensive
- doesn't give any bit of curl to the lashes

You have to have a light hand applying if you don't want to have all your lashes stuck together. It looks nice, but because it smudges, for me it's a deal breaker.

on 12/14/2016 6:47:00 PM

I prefer this formula to the original. It doesn't smell of wealthy old ladies and it doesn't require several days of careful combing with a pin to avoid looking like Barbara Cartland or the queen of the spiders. The brush is excellent, it's a rare mascara that I don't get on my skin but I have broken my cotton bud dependency for the first time in years. It does look beautiful when it's first on - my long but feeble blonde lashes look big and black and feathery with a single coat - but it doesn't wear very well, it's not the worst mascara for smudging/flaking but these days there are plenty which don't do either of these things at all. It doesn't make my lashes feel dry or brittle or irritate my eyes, but if you touch it it will clump like a mofo. I tried it over Urban Decay Subversion, which worked well - it gave more oomph and improved the lasting power, but it's not a patch on Urban Decay's Perversion (with or without the undercoat) which really does stay perfect for me. Sadly, I remain madly in love with the packaging, and for the rest of my days will probably return at intervals for brief affairs which leave me feeling slightly soiled. Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme is a far better mascara but is a gaudy younger sister to this as far as packaging goes. I'm glad I tried again, there's always going to be an air of 'the one who got away' about Faux Cils, and it's made me appreciate Perversion (which I can't really fault, but I'm a faithless Jezebel and always wonder if there's something better out there) that much more. If you're inclined to spend the GDP of a small country on a mascara, there are better than Faux Cils out there, but it's just so pretty...there's a lovely click when you screw the lid on, it feels delicious in your hand and looks gorgeous, but it's all mouth and not enough trousers at the business end.

Having been a fan of the regular black volume effect faux cils for years I decided to buy a twin pack from the duty free at the airport. I asked the woman for it and paid without thinking twice. When I actually opened the packet I thought "oh a more intense black, brilliant!" however, I was left extremely disappointed!! Although the mascara is exactly the same and gives fantastic volume and is easy to apply it smudges like mad all over my brow bone within a couple of hours wear!! I ended up selling the 2nd one online! A complete waste of money! Shame it was bought at an airport or I would have returned it on the basis I did not ask for the noir radical formula!!

on 1/19/2015 6:24:00 PM

This is my absolut favorite amongst the top brand mascaras. Nothing else comes close to this!
I have short, thin and basicly straight eyelashes (yay, lucky me) and this makes them look DIVINE.
It does tend to smudge after several hours, but its not that bad and its easily fixed.
The cons are;
After one month its dryer than clay, and you can buy a car for the same money as this costs. Almost.
But its really a false lash effect though.
Not my all time favorite, but the next best thing :)

on 12/28/2014 5:47:00 PM

Not terrible but not great either. Main issue is that it smudges! It gives decent volume and okay length but I prefer to only use it on falsies to blend with my natural lash. Otherwise it smudges to much, definitely do not put this on your lower lashes! Not worth the money, for that price you're better off buying something else.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Smudges like previous comments have said , also irritates my eyes and no other makeup product has done this before. However, when it doesn't decide to smudge it gives an amazing false eyelash effect

on 11/30/2013 5:37:00 AM

This is the most expensive mascara I have ever bought and although I don't regret the purchase, I shall never buy it again. It is true what they say, the false lash effect is quite good but it smudges like crazy. I will go back to my usual volumizing mascara while searching for something better among the high-end products. This is definitely not it.

on 9/8/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am in love with this mascara! I have to admit I was in doubt over whether I should buy this or not after reading some of the reviews considering the smudging. Luckily I did not experience any of it! It has a lovely smell and does not clump nor does it seem to dry out very fast. It makes my eyelashes super long and thick, perfect for a smokey-eye night out look!

The mascara is kind of hard to wash off, but it's not that big of a challenge as long as you have a good makeup remover.

The mascara is quite expensive though, but considering the fact that I live in Norway where everything is expensive and the fact that I bought this on an online sale (the mascara cost 19.99£ which is about the same price for a drugstore mascara here in Norway.. expensive, I know) it wasn't that big of a problem.

I will definitively buy this mascara again!

on 8/5/2013 3:23:00 AM

I am a lash freak and i have bought many MANY MANY mascaras. I love fake lashes a lot bcoz i love the way they look. THIS mascara is the closest thing u wud get to fake lashes without putting them on! It blackens, thickens, and make your lashes super long! I have been repurchasing this product for 3 years

on 2/26/2013 5:45:00 AM

LIke the usual Faux Cils , except that it smudges BADLY !!!!!!!!!