Peter Thomas Roth Illuminating High Definition Moisturizer

Peter Thomas Roth Illuminating High Definition Moisturizer

4.3

on 8/20/2010 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was recommended this product at Sephora as a primer, and I love it! I love it so much that I find myself saving it to use on special occasions only. I find it gives my skin a glow and radiance that lasts - and it makes my face beautiful on pictures as well. I agree the packaging could be better because the brush comes off sometimes when I don't want it to, but I honestly work around it and it's not a big deal. I have it on today and love how "flawless" it makes my skin look, so I have decided I'll stop saving it for later, and I'll definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Peter Thomas Roth has to be probably my favorite skincare line as of yet. This illuminating High Def Moisturizer reminds me of MAC Strobe cream, except not as thick and obviously pearly. It is not thin either, just right. It sinks in beautifully. It does give my skin an almost flawless super-healthy glow, and evens skin tone. I wear it alone without makeup and my skin looks great. Very natural, but evened and glow-y. It has a nice "paint brush" on the end of the squeeze tube which can be clicked to on/off. It is Oil-free, fragrance-free. I have extremely dry skin, however this definitely gives me enough moisture for the day. I use PTR Cellular anti-aging creme at night and Un-Wrinkle eye cream... The sticker on the tube says it can only be found at Sephora which is where I got it, FYI, however, I do recall seeing it being sold on PTR's website as well. *UPDATE* I am SO impressed with the way this stuff makes my skin look! I was in a hurry today and wore no makeup except this, and my face looked simply RADIANT- if I do say so myself ;) Anyways, yeah- even under harsh, fluorescent lighting, I was glancing in my mirror at my desk at work in disbelief at how great my skin looked!!! It really does even out skin tone, and any ruddiness I have was, for the most part, gone*

on 4/14/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this. It gives a very subtle sheen effect, similar to Fresh twilight freshface glow but less oily and obvious. This product is branded as a moisturizer, but I don't think it's moisturizing enough to use on its own (it's oil-free,) so I layer it over my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin. I've had a lot of compliments about my "glowing" skin since I started using this. A little goes a long way. I love the packaging, & although I can see why others would find it unsanitary, I only ever put this on clean skin so I don't care too much. It's in a tube with a foundation-type brush at the end. The flow of product can be turned on & off by clicking the base of the brush around. I squeeze out a little dab of product onto my cheeks, forehead and chin, then I click it to the "off" position and use the brush to blend it all over my face. I actually appreciate not having to use my fingers to blend it since it is a bit shimmery. The color looks like a pearly pinky white, but I think this could be used on a wide range of complexions. The package promises a "red carpet glow" & I think it delivers! Very expensive at $42, but I love it and will absolutely repurchase.