Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

on 10/30/2014 3:07:00 AM

I had really bad acne scars years ago and started using this face wash. Combined with the glycol acid lotion it worked wonders on my skin, fading my acne scars and a few disappeared. However with continued use it became too strong for my skin and I broke out, but nothing like acne scars. It was great but do not keep on using it (for more than a few months I would say) if you have combination skin.

on 5/28/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My skin as of late has been getting used to salicylic acid in my face washes so it was time to try something stronger.

London Drugs had a special this week of receiving a free tube of this Oil Free Gel Cleanser, with any $35 Neostrata purhase. I was happy to be able to get two Neostrata products for approx. $40.

This cleansing gel was a good start for me, with 4% glycolic acid. I don't have acne but I do have oily skin, and my pore have been looking clogged and tunnel-like lately. AFTER THE FIRST USE, no joke, my pores looked cleaned out and smaller, amazing! I'm on Day 5 now of using this Gel Cleanser and it's very effective in making the top layers of skin peel off, revealing smoother and tighter skin. The tube says "Reveals smoother, younger-looking skin in just 10 days" and so far, it's true.

The second Neostrata product that I got, Oil Free Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 3, contains 10% glycolic acid, and I haven't opened it yet. I suspect it's going to be too strong, as the 4% glycolic acid Cleansing Gel already very adequately exfoliating the top layers and is making my skin peel. I will exchange it for Smoothing Lotion Level 2 at 8% glycolic acid.

I've noticed that now when I wear powder foundation, my face looks better too, in that the powder foundation is no longer sitting on top of "dead skin" on my face, and blends into my complexion much better.

The price is high for a cleanser (regular retail is $27) but it works, so I would definitely repurchase or even better, keep my eyes out for another London Drugs promotion.

I received this as a small sample sized tube at SDM and left it in my drawer unopened until I ran out of my biotherm cleanser 2 weeks ago. After using this for 3 days, I immediately went out to buy a full sized tube and stopped using my regular face cleanser. Within 3 days, my skin was noticeably brighter, all my white heads were cleared up, my skin was smoother, and every pore was tighter. After 2 weeks of using this cleanser, my skin has been more clear than it has been for months. The texture of the gel cleanser is a bit watery and it smells a bit like chlorine, but it REALLY REALLY works. The results are better than a light chemical peel at the spa because it's a gradual every removal of dead skin cells to give you better, brighter skin every day.

I have been using this product for about six months in conjunction with Differin and Clindoxyl gel, and I can say that this product has made such a huge difference to my skin care regimen! I use it in the morning and at night, prior to applying my acne medicine. I have noticed that my topical creams absorb much faster after cleansing my face with this product, and it also leaves my skin feeling very supple.

The product comes out as a white gel, with very handy pump-form packaging.

Pros:
Contains 150 mL of product
Handy pump packaging
Contains 4% glycolic acid
Does not give me breakouts
Gentle on skin

Cons:
Packaging is not see-through, and gives no indication as to how much product is left
May be a bit pricey for some at $27 CDN
Does not completely remove "tough" makeup

All in all I would definitely re-purchase this.

EDIT: I went to my local Shopper's to pick up a new bottle, and aggravatingly enough, the packaging had been changed to a squeeze tube bottle. Although I feel very tempted to take off a lippie for the crappy packaging, I feel like it would be doing too much of an injustice. Two thumbs way down.

on 8/23/2011 11:56:00 PM

I started using this about 2 weeks ago, which was recommended by my doctor to help with my mild acne. At first i thought wow its actually clearing up my acne scars fast! but after that my skin has just been getting worse, from mild acne to mild-moderate. I'm going back to my cetaphil! Very disappointed with this.

on 8/23/2011 11:06:00 PM

I starting using neostrata when my doctor recommended it to me due to my mild-moderate acne. I've been on it for 2 weeks now, at first it did really well to reduce my acne scars, but after week 2 im still beginning to break out, and it really dried the area around my nose horribly. I dont think this cleanser is for me im going back to cetaphil. I don't know if i should continue? but it said i should see smoother clearer after 10 days and that hasnt happen, im really disappointed.

on 8/23/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorite cleansers ever. I've tried so many over the years but I always come back to this.
Pros
- Glycolic acid gently exfoliates any flaking skins and keeps my pores clear and small
- Gentle but deep cleaning
- Fragrance and oil free
- Foams easily

Cons
- I wish it had more makeup removing powers. Because it doesn't I have to use a toner after

The only thing keeping this cleanser from being a holy grail is the price ($25 CAD) and it doesn't remove all my makeup. When I use a toner after I see makeup residue (IE I usually wear long lasting foundations like Estee Lauder double wear or MAC pro long).
But I will keep repurchasing because this cleanser for me, is as good as it gets.

on 8/9/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this cleanser on my face and body for about a month now (I use it on my face every other night and I use it on my body everyday). I wanted to try an AHA skin cleanser to help slough off dead skin cells and act as a good "pre-cleanser" for a treatment soap I am using to help with hyperpigmentation/melasma. I have combo/oily skin and I haven't experienced any dryness, redness, or any other skin problems. I think this cleanser is helping keep my moderate acne under control, too and it lathers well. The bad side: It's expensive (about $36 CDN, with the bottle lasting about 2+ months) and I don't care for the packaging (I prefer a bottle where you can scoop up the last bit of product). Overall, this skin cleanser is okay - I'm still looking for a higher percentage AHA cleanser though (this one is only 4% glycolic acid).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive oily skin that is prone to breakouts periodically. This was BAD, BAD on my face...woa nelly!!! It left me insanley dried out after 2 uses and gave me a horrible heat type rash that didn't clear up without a hydrocortizone cream, yikes!

That being said it is AMAZING on the body! I am prone to acne on my back in the winter months, because I am constantly covered up and this really exfoliates and keeps break outs at bay, haven't had any break outs since I stared this a week ago. Also it is fading the scaring left from older ones. I follow this up with the Body Smoothing Lotion which is ALSO amazing! And Volia perfect skin :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Easy to use. This is an awesome cleanser. I have some acne issues around my chin line but this product works really well. Very nice. It doesnt dry my other areas of face since I only have acne problem on the chin line. Highly recommended.