Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

4.3

on 11/15/2017 10:16:00 PM

Good product, thoroughly cleanses my face but can dry it a bit. Follow with moisturizer.

on 5/28/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My skin as of late has been getting used to salicylic acid in my face washes so it was time to try something stronger.

London Drugs had a special this week of receiving a free tube of this Oil Free Gel Cleanser, with any $35 Neostrata purhase. I was happy to be able to get two Neostrata products for approx. $40.

This cleansing gel was a good start for me, with 4% glycolic acid. I don't have acne but I do have oily skin, and my pore have been looking clogged and tunnel-like lately. AFTER THE FIRST USE, no joke, my pores looked cleaned out and smaller, amazing! I'm on Day 5 now of using this Gel Cleanser and it's very effective in making the top layers of skin peel off, revealing smoother and tighter skin. The tube says "Reveals smoother, younger-looking skin in just 10 days" and so far, it's true.

The second Neostrata product that I got, Oil Free Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 3, contains 10% glycolic acid, and I haven't opened it yet. I suspect it's going to be too strong, as the 4% glycolic acid Cleansing Gel already very adequately exfoliating the top layers and is making my skin peel. I will exchange it for Smoothing Lotion Level 2 at 8% glycolic acid.

I've noticed that now when I wear powder foundation, my face looks better too, in that the powder foundation is no longer sitting on top of "dead skin" on my face, and blends into my complexion much better.

The price is high for a cleanser (regular retail is $27) but it works, so I would definitely repurchase or even better, keep my eyes out for another London Drugs promotion.

I received this as a small sample sized tube at SDM and left it in my drawer unopened until I ran out of my biotherm cleanser 2 weeks ago. After using this for 3 days, I immediately went out to buy a full sized tube and stopped using my regular face cleanser. Within 3 days, my skin was noticeably brighter, all my white heads were cleared up, my skin was smoother, and every pore was tighter. After 2 weeks of using this cleanser, my skin has been more clear than it has been for months. The texture of the gel cleanser is a bit watery and it smells a bit like chlorine, but it REALLY REALLY works. The results are better than a light chemical peel at the spa because it's a gradual every removal of dead skin cells to give you better, brighter skin every day.

I have been using this product for about six months in conjunction with Differin and Clindoxyl gel, and I can say that this product has made such a huge difference to my skin care regimen! I use it in the morning and at night, prior to applying my acne medicine. I have noticed that my topical creams absorb much faster after cleansing my face with this product, and it also leaves my skin feeling very supple.

The product comes out as a white gel, with very handy pump-form packaging.

Pros:
Contains 150 mL of product
Handy pump packaging
Contains 4% glycolic acid
Does not give me breakouts
Gentle on skin

Cons:
Packaging is not see-through, and gives no indication as to how much product is left
May be a bit pricey for some at $27 CDN
Does not completely remove "tough" makeup

All in all I would definitely re-purchase this.

EDIT: I went to my local Shopper's to pick up a new bottle, and aggravatingly enough, the packaging had been changed to a squeeze tube bottle. Although I feel very tempted to take off a lippie for the crappy packaging, I feel like it would be doing too much of an injustice. Two thumbs way down.

on 8/9/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this cleanser on my face and body for about a month now (I use it on my face every other night and I use it on my body everyday). I wanted to try an AHA skin cleanser to help slough off dead skin cells and act as a good "pre-cleanser" for a treatment soap I am using to help with hyperpigmentation/melasma. I have combo/oily skin and I haven't experienced any dryness, redness, or any other skin problems. I think this cleanser is helping keep my moderate acne under control, too and it lathers well. The bad side: It's expensive (about $36 CDN, with the bottle lasting about 2+ months) and I don't care for the packaging (I prefer a bottle where you can scoop up the last bit of product). Overall, this skin cleanser is okay - I'm still looking for a higher percentage AHA cleanser though (this one is only 4% glycolic acid).

on 3/15/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Neostrata is a great line that is non irritating and this oil free cleanser is great for oily skin.It has 4% Glycolic acid and removes oil very well.Got this free with buying the oil free toner plus 30% off so it was like 10.00 for both.Cant beat that.