Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Other
Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanseroil free gel cleanser

on 8/23/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorite cleansers ever. I've tried so many over the years but I always come back to this.
Pros
- Glycolic acid gently exfoliates any flaking skins and keeps my pores clear and small
- Gentle but deep cleaning
- Fragrance and oil free
- Foams easily

Cons
- I wish it had more makeup removing powers. Because it doesn't I have to use a toner after

The only thing keeping this cleanser from being a holy grail is the price ($25 CAD) and it doesn't remove all my makeup. When I use a toner after I see makeup residue (IE I usually wear long lasting foundations like Estee Lauder double wear or MAC pro long).
But I will keep repurchasing because this cleanser for me, is as good as it gets.

on 8/23/2011 11:06:00 PM

I starting using neostrata when my doctor recommended it to me due to my mild-moderate acne. I've been on it for 2 weeks now, at first it did really well to reduce my acne scars, but after week 2 im still beginning to break out, and it really dried the area around my nose horribly. I dont think this cleanser is for me im going back to cetaphil. I don't know if i should continue? but it said i should see smoother clearer after 10 days and that hasnt happen, im really disappointed.

on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM

This came as a trial size in a kit containing a few other products, so I'm not sure about price or packaging. The product inside is a winner, though. Cleans thoroughly, unlike the Multi-Activ Cleansing Milk. Removes makeup, including mascara, and rinses cleanly away. Can occasionally be a little drying, but since I follow with moisturizer thats not a big deal.