Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

oil free gel cleanser

4.7

on 5/28/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My skin as of late has been getting used to salicylic acid in my face washes so it was time to try something stronger.

London Drugs had a special this week of receiving a free tube of this Oil Free Gel Cleanser, with any $35 Neostrata purhase. I was happy to be able to get two Neostrata products for approx. $40.

This cleansing gel was a good start for me, with 4% glycolic acid. I don't have acne but I do have oily skin, and my pore have been looking clogged and tunnel-like lately. AFTER THE FIRST USE, no joke, my pores looked cleaned out and smaller, amazing! I'm on Day 5 now of using this Gel Cleanser and it's very effective in making the top layers of skin peel off, revealing smoother and tighter skin. The tube says "Reveals smoother, younger-looking skin in just 10 days" and so far, it's true.

The second Neostrata product that I got, Oil Free Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 3, contains 10% glycolic acid, and I haven't opened it yet. I suspect it's going to be too strong, as the 4% glycolic acid Cleansing Gel already very adequately exfoliating the top layers and is making my skin peel. I will exchange it for Smoothing Lotion Level 2 at 8% glycolic acid.

I've noticed that now when I wear powder foundation, my face looks better too, in that the powder foundation is no longer sitting on top of "dead skin" on my face, and blends into my complexion much better.

The price is high for a cleanser (regular retail is $27) but it works, so I would definitely repurchase or even better, keep my eyes out for another London Drugs promotion.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive oily skin that is prone to breakouts periodically. This was BAD, BAD on my face...woa nelly!!! It left me insanley dried out after 2 uses and gave me a horrible heat type rash that didn't clear up without a hydrocortizone cream, yikes!

That being said it is AMAZING on the body! I am prone to acne on my back in the winter months, because I am constantly covered up and this really exfoliates and keeps break outs at bay, haven't had any break outs since I stared this a week ago. Also it is fading the scaring left from older ones. I follow this up with the Body Smoothing Lotion which is ALSO amazing! And Volia perfect skin :)

on 3/24/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin ~ its been about 2 weeks & I love this product this does not dry my skin out at all - i can feel that it cleanse my acne area on my chin specially, it also feels like it has a moisture added to my face. I notice after 2 days my skin had a glow & my scar was fading yes fading! awesome product..