Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was OK. It was a freebie with my NeoStrata smoothing creams, so I can't complain about that, but it was a little too drying for me. The smell was also really unpleasant. I'm not sure I'm on board with glycolic cleansers when you kind of need the glycolic acid to remain on your skin for a sufficient period of time to get the exfoliating benefits. Maybe if you have oily/combo skin, this could work well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for quite a few months now, an have to say I'm dissapointed :( I have super oily, clog prone and acne prone skin with visible pores and redness. While I don't always have large pimples, I have small but visible bumps covering my whole face. This cleanser was not nearly as effective as I hoped. The bumps reduced slightly, but never a lot. My skin is still very oily and dehydrated looking, and my blackheads and open pores are the same. However, this didn't cause me to breakout or have extra irritation, so it's not bad, just not worth the price.

on 4/17/2014 5:05:00 PM

I've been using this product for 3 years now. Since it is a little expensive, sometimes i switch for a cheaper cleanser , but then i remember that it is the only cleanser i know that helps to control my acne and my oily face. After a couple of days , you will see a big improvement in the glow of your face and it will help scarring the acne.This product made me fall in love with the neostrata brand and i often refer my friends to it.

on 3/21/2014 12:07:00 AM

The cleanser is good but not AS GOOD as the clarifying gel cleanser that Neostrata has. The oil free one didn't remove my makeup well at all (I use eye makeup remover but this cleanser could barely clean my face makeup off) and I would end up having to wash my face twice to get it clean. If you're looking at Neostrata, I would recommend the clarifying cleanser over this!

on 2/19/2013 9:15:00 PM

Been using this product for over 3 years. I'm a product junky so I'm always on the look out for new cleansers to try but I always go back to this one. It really helps to keep my skin balanced and under control.

on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM

This came as a trial size in a kit containing a few other products, so I'm not sure about price or packaging. The product inside is a winner, though. Cleans thoroughly, unlike the Multi-Activ Cleansing Milk. Removes makeup, including mascara, and rinses cleanly away. Can occasionally be a little drying, but since I follow with moisturizer thats not a big deal.

on 10/25/2012 9:56:00 AM

This product works great on my combination skin. I use it with the Olay Pro-X facial cleansing brush and my skin feels wonderful afterwards. The smell is fresh and clean, I find it very pleasant. It's the most expensive cleanser I've ever purchased, so I like to get it when it's on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

on 3/16/2011 12:45:00 PM

When I first started using this I loved it, it cleared up my face and made it feel soft.. but with continuous use it made me break out more and more and it would never clear up. I finally switched to a cheaper product and my face cleared up instantly.

on 3/3/2011 8:57:00 PM

the texture of this cleanser is great, it's a gel that holds its form when you pump it, so none of it runs through your fingers and gets wasted. one pump seems to be the perfect amount for the whole face.
it's the exact same ph as the skin, so there is no need to follow up with a toner, and does not dry the skin.
this cleanser does not do the best job at removing makeup though, i find i have to work the product into my skin a lot longer to dissolve dirt, oil and makeup. for that reason, i use this more as a morning cleanser. it hasn't broken me out though and does not leave me feeling tight or irritated, so i will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product throughout high school to help with my mild acne. It works wonders. I stopped using it for a couple of years and have just recently returned to it. I use a regular cleanser to wash my face with, then after I rinse it off, I apply the Neostrata oil-free cleanser to my skin and leave it on for about 3-4 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling so nice and baby smooth afterwards and also helps with my acne break-outs. I have sensitive skin so I do not use this everyday. I use it about 2 times a week. However, you can use this daily if you wish. I really really love this product and recommend it to anyone since it helps skin to keep looking young and fresh.