Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

I received this as a small sample sized tube at SDM and left it in my drawer unopened until I ran out of my biotherm cleanser 2 weeks ago. After using this for 3 days, I immediately went out to buy a full sized tube and stopped using my regular face cleanser. Within 3 days, my skin was noticeably brighter, all my white heads were cleared up, my skin was smoother, and every pore was tighter. After 2 weeks of using this cleanser, my skin has been more clear than it has been for months. The texture of the gel cleanser is a bit watery and it smells a bit like chlorine, but it REALLY REALLY works. The results are better than a light chemical peel at the spa because it's a gradual every removal of dead skin cells to give you better, brighter skin every day.

on 11/3/2013 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best ever, completely cleared up my acne. I use with their oil free moisturizer and the glycolic toner

on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM

This came as a trial size in a kit containing a few other products, so I'm not sure about price or packaging. The product inside is a winner, though. Cleans thoroughly, unlike the Multi-Activ Cleansing Milk. Removes makeup, including mascara, and rinses cleanly away. Can occasionally be a little drying, but since I follow with moisturizer thats not a big deal.

on 10/25/2012 9:56:00 AM

This product works great on my combination skin. I use it with the Olay Pro-X facial cleansing brush and my skin feels wonderful afterwards. The smell is fresh and clean, I find it very pleasant. It's the most expensive cleanser I've ever purchased, so I like to get it when it's on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product throughout high school to help with my mild acne. It works wonders. I stopped using it for a couple of years and have just recently returned to it. I use a regular cleanser to wash my face with, then after I rinse it off, I apply the Neostrata oil-free cleanser to my skin and leave it on for about 3-4 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling so nice and baby smooth afterwards and also helps with my acne break-outs. I have sensitive skin so I do not use this everyday. I use it about 2 times a week. However, you can use this daily if you wish. I really really love this product and recommend it to anyone since it helps skin to keep looking young and fresh.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive oily skin that is prone to breakouts periodically. This was BAD, BAD on my face...woa nelly!!! It left me insanley dried out after 2 uses and gave me a horrible heat type rash that didn't clear up without a hydrocortizone cream, yikes!

That being said it is AMAZING on the body! I am prone to acne on my back in the winter months, because I am constantly covered up and this really exfoliates and keeps break outs at bay, haven't had any break outs since I stared this a week ago. Also it is fading the scaring left from older ones. I follow this up with the Body Smoothing Lotion which is ALSO amazing! And Volia perfect skin :)

on 3/24/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin ~ its been about 2 weeks & I love this product this does not dry my skin out at all - i can feel that it cleanse my acne area on my chin specially, it also feels like it has a moisture added to my face. I notice after 2 days my skin had a glow & my scar was fading yes fading! awesome product..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Easy to use. This is an awesome cleanser. I have some acne issues around my chin line but this product works really well. Very nice. It doesnt dry my other areas of face since I only have acne problem on the chin line. Highly recommended.

on 3/15/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Neostrata is a great line that is non irritating and this oil free cleanser is great for oily skin.It has 4% Glycolic acid and removes oil very well.Got this free with buying the oil free toner plus 30% off so it was like 10.00 for both.Cant beat that.

on 10/30/2014 3:07:00 AM

I had really bad acne scars years ago and started using this face wash. Combined with the glycol acid lotion it worked wonders on my skin, fading my acne scars and a few disappeared. However with continued use it became too strong for my skin and I broke out, but nothing like acne scars. It was great but do not keep on using it (for more than a few months I would say) if you have combination skin.