Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

on 3/15/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Neostrata is a great line that is non irritating and this oil free cleanser is great for oily skin.It has 4% Glycolic acid and removes oil very well.Got this free with buying the oil free toner plus 30% off so it was like 10.00 for both.Cant beat that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Easy to use. This is an awesome cleanser. I have some acne issues around my chin line but this product works really well. Very nice. It doesnt dry my other areas of face since I only have acne problem on the chin line. Highly recommended.

on 3/24/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin ~ its been about 2 weeks & I love this product this does not dry my skin out at all - i can feel that it cleanse my acne area on my chin specially, it also feels like it has a moisture added to my face. I notice after 2 days my skin had a glow & my scar was fading yes fading! awesome product..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive oily skin that is prone to breakouts periodically. This was BAD, BAD on my face...woa nelly!!! It left me insanley dried out after 2 uses and gave me a horrible heat type rash that didn't clear up without a hydrocortizone cream, yikes!

That being said it is AMAZING on the body! I am prone to acne on my back in the winter months, because I am constantly covered up and this really exfoliates and keeps break outs at bay, haven't had any break outs since I stared this a week ago. Also it is fading the scaring left from older ones. I follow this up with the Body Smoothing Lotion which is ALSO amazing! And Volia perfect skin :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product throughout high school to help with my mild acne. It works wonders. I stopped using it for a couple of years and have just recently returned to it. I use a regular cleanser to wash my face with, then after I rinse it off, I apply the Neostrata oil-free cleanser to my skin and leave it on for about 3-4 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling so nice and baby smooth afterwards and also helps with my acne break-outs. I have sensitive skin so I do not use this everyday. I use it about 2 times a week. However, you can use this daily if you wish. I really really love this product and recommend it to anyone since it helps skin to keep looking young and fresh.

on 3/3/2011 8:57:00 PM

the texture of this cleanser is great, it's a gel that holds its form when you pump it, so none of it runs through your fingers and gets wasted. one pump seems to be the perfect amount for the whole face.
it's the exact same ph as the skin, so there is no need to follow up with a toner, and does not dry the skin.
this cleanser does not do the best job at removing makeup though, i find i have to work the product into my skin a lot longer to dissolve dirt, oil and makeup. for that reason, i use this more as a morning cleanser. it hasn't broken me out though and does not leave me feeling tight or irritated, so i will repurchase.

on 3/16/2011 12:45:00 PM

When I first started using this I loved it, it cleared up my face and made it feel soft.. but with continuous use it made me break out more and more and it would never clear up. I finally switched to a cheaper product and my face cleared up instantly.

on 8/9/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this cleanser on my face and body for about a month now (I use it on my face every other night and I use it on my body everyday). I wanted to try an AHA skin cleanser to help slough off dead skin cells and act as a good "pre-cleanser" for a treatment soap I am using to help with hyperpigmentation/melasma. I have combo/oily skin and I haven't experienced any dryness, redness, or any other skin problems. I think this cleanser is helping keep my moderate acne under control, too and it lathers well. The bad side: It's expensive (about $36 CDN, with the bottle lasting about 2+ months) and I don't care for the packaging (I prefer a bottle where you can scoop up the last bit of product). Overall, this skin cleanser is okay - I'm still looking for a higher percentage AHA cleanser though (this one is only 4% glycolic acid).

on 8/23/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorite cleansers ever. I've tried so many over the years but I always come back to this.
Pros
- Glycolic acid gently exfoliates any flaking skins and keeps my pores clear and small
- Gentle but deep cleaning
- Fragrance and oil free
- Foams easily

Cons
- I wish it had more makeup removing powers. Because it doesn't I have to use a toner after

The only thing keeping this cleanser from being a holy grail is the price ($25 CAD) and it doesn't remove all my makeup. When I use a toner after I see makeup residue (IE I usually wear long lasting foundations like Estee Lauder double wear or MAC pro long).
But I will keep repurchasing because this cleanser for me, is as good as it gets.

on 8/23/2011 11:06:00 PM

I starting using neostrata when my doctor recommended it to me due to my mild-moderate acne. I've been on it for 2 weeks now, at first it did really well to reduce my acne scars, but after week 2 im still beginning to break out, and it really dried the area around my nose horribly. I dont think this cleanser is for me im going back to cetaphil. I don't know if i should continue? but it said i should see smoother clearer after 10 days and that hasnt happen, im really disappointed.