Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

4.5

on 11/11/2017 6:13:00 PM

Great cleanser for the warmer months as I can be drying...it contains 4% glycolic acid. Leaves skin clean with no residue and removes oil and makeup. On my third bottle.

on 5/28/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My skin as of late has been getting used to salicylic acid in my face washes so it was time to try something stronger.

London Drugs had a special this week of receiving a free tube of this Oil Free Gel Cleanser, with any $35 Neostrata purhase. I was happy to be able to get two Neostrata products for approx. $40.

This cleansing gel was a good start for me, with 4% glycolic acid. I don't have acne but I do have oily skin, and my pore have been looking clogged and tunnel-like lately. AFTER THE FIRST USE, no joke, my pores looked cleaned out and smaller, amazing! I'm on Day 5 now of using this Gel Cleanser and it's very effective in making the top layers of skin peel off, revealing smoother and tighter skin. The tube says "Reveals smoother, younger-looking skin in just 10 days" and so far, it's true.

The second Neostrata product that I got, Oil Free Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 3, contains 10% glycolic acid, and I haven't opened it yet. I suspect it's going to be too strong, as the 4% glycolic acid Cleansing Gel already very adequately exfoliating the top layers and is making my skin peel. I will exchange it for Smoothing Lotion Level 2 at 8% glycolic acid.

I've noticed that now when I wear powder foundation, my face looks better too, in that the powder foundation is no longer sitting on top of "dead skin" on my face, and blends into my complexion much better.

The price is high for a cleanser (regular retail is $27) but it works, so I would definitely repurchase or even better, keep my eyes out for another London Drugs promotion.

I received this as a small sample sized tube at SDM and left it in my drawer unopened until I ran out of my biotherm cleanser 2 weeks ago. After using this for 3 days, I immediately went out to buy a full sized tube and stopped using my regular face cleanser. Within 3 days, my skin was noticeably brighter, all my white heads were cleared up, my skin was smoother, and every pore was tighter. After 2 weeks of using this cleanser, my skin has been more clear than it has been for months. The texture of the gel cleanser is a bit watery and it smells a bit like chlorine, but it REALLY REALLY works. The results are better than a light chemical peel at the spa because it's a gradual every removal of dead skin cells to give you better, brighter skin every day.

on 3/15/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Neostrata is a great line that is non irritating and this oil free cleanser is great for oily skin.It has 4% Glycolic acid and removes oil very well.Got this free with buying the oil free toner plus 30% off so it was like 10.00 for both.Cant beat that.