Essie Blanc

Essie Blanc

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

It is super streaky, and I have to apply 3 coats with it, I will be looking for a new white polish.

This was my first Essie purchase I was so excited, i paid Aust $11 and got this on special. When I first bought this it lasted very well dried fast but needed 4 coats.
Has a beautiful shine to it. But after a week or two this became the the gloopiest most sticky consistency. I never do reviews. I am throwing this away and going to try the OPI white. Very disappointed.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/15/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an incredibly stark white that remains flattering to most skins. There's no undertone to speak of, but somehow the color makes sense, perhaps because of its boldness. Very 1960s, with the impact of a color like red or green or black (but, obviously, subtler). It looks good on my NC15 skin and I think it would be stunning on a darker skin.

I like Essie's packaging, particularly the size of the brush and the consistency of the polish itself (it smooths on, like actual varnish). The dry time is variable, and this color does require two or three coats to achieve total opacity. The wear time is insane, however: I'm extremely tough on my nails, and I usually get about five or six days before the first chip, and then another three or four afterwards, with the occasional one-off touch-up. In fact, I usually remove it before it begins to throw in the towel, simply because my nails are growing underneath it and leaving that weird nub of naked fingernail at the cuticle line.

Good stuff. One of the better whites on the market, to be sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I paint my nails myself up to 5x a week. It calms me down and I associate my level of “put-togehteredness” to how nice my nails look. With that being said, I love to do designs.

My FAVORITE nail polish brand by far is Essie, however this nail polish color doesn’t match up to the quality of all my other Essie nail polishes. I bought this color a while back, and when I used it for the first time, it was extremely clumpy and thick, and did not go on well. I thought to myself, “Well this is strange, I’ve never had an Essie nail polish do this!” (keep in mind I have over 100 different Essie polishes). So, I went to a different store and bought another in this same color, thinking that the other one had just been defective. Turns out that’s how all of them are! Long story short, I think I will have to venture into the OPI whites. I do like OPI for their Base and Top coats because their polish tends to be thinner so that will be better for me.

As always the packaging is cute and I love the look, and surprisingly I love the color, but I will not be buying this product for a third time.

i have yet to find a white polish that i truly like. this ones like applying white out to your nails. yuck BUT i like to use it as a base for my kleancolor neons that would otherwise chip in lees than a day, applying essies bllanc beforehand makes them brighter and makes my mani last for days. so its great for a base otherwise blah.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I honestly feel like this polish would be easier to apply if only the brush was a little wider. Essie's brushes are small and narrow and that in itself would not be a huge problem if only the formula wasn't so goopy and just blah all around. I really like white nails but it is such a pain to apply this color!! I don't know if I got a bad bottle or if this is the case with everyone. If you have only a small window of time to do your nails, this is not the color you should be using as it took me at least 45 minutes.

lately one of the bigger nail polish trends has been white nails. i've always loved this look since i was younger, but i have since only started painting my nails recently (about three months ago, to be exact. and no, that doesn't mean i had no idea how paint my nails beforehand or just learned; i was just too lazy to actually take the time to paint them, you know?) and wanted a simple, nice white nail polish that wasn't chalky. white nails are quite classy in my opinion!

im not exactly a person to spurge on beauty products (especially not nail polish!) but after reading the bad reviews of the majority of sally hansen's white (and cheap) nail polishes, i decided to give this essie one a try. i like essie nail polishes and have about five of them, plus a base coat i adore. so i figured this would be a nice, basic nail polish to add to my collection that would be of high quality and would last a while before i had to run out and purchase a new one. this was around 10 bucks CAD at target and i was expecting good quality like the rest of my essie polishes. to me, 10 dollars is a lot for a small bottle of nail polish.

my first impression of this nail polish was CLUMPY. i am someone who likes applying thicker coats as opposed to thin coats twice, so when i first applied this, i was a little annoyed that it looked like a seagull had taken a poop on my nails. but i wasn't fazed; i just had to apply thinner coats. this takes about two coats for it to be relatively opaque, but three if you want it COMPLETELY opaque. it works well with my essie grow faster base coat, and my sally hansen hard as nails top coat. i will say it is a little streaky when applied, but that could be me; not sure. the staying power isn't that awesome, as i had just painted my nails yesterday with this and it's already chipping. as for the packaging and brush, i always love essie's polishes in these factors, so A+ for that. but safe to say, this nail polish did not "wow" me like previous essie one's have.

overall, i like this nail polish but i don't like it enough to go out and purchase it again. while the color is a true, elegant white that's not chalky or gross looking if it's applied correctly, it's too expensive, streaky at times, and has too weak of a staying power for me to repurchase.

This formula is bad. Streaky, hard to work with and needs more than 2 coats. I just don't get Essie nail polish. It's hardly ever true to colour, I don't like the brushes and the formulas usually suck... I think I'm giving up on them from now on, at full price anyway.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Idk why this has good reviews. It's streaky, thin, not opac, and the brush is very small adding to the streakiness. Not worth the price. I prefer my cheap one from icing over this. Didn't meet expectations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm so surprised that this product has such great reviews, because honestly it's one of the worst nail polishes I've ever tried. It's extremely streaky and uneven, it takes about four coats to get it relatively opaque and my nails are left with that "gummy" feeling that never dries. On top of that, it was not cheap at all. I think I paid around $13 for this stuff. I know I could have purchased it for a lot less but I saw it at the drug store and it was convenient at the time. Even my cheap white polish from Costco is immensely better than this stuff. Definitely would not repurchase or recommend to anyone.