L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self Tanning Lotion-New

No Image

on 3/30/2010 11:22:00 AM

YIKES this stuff is chock full of Glitter, seriously wth? Anway, this is my first experience with self tanning product and maybe I either used it wrong, didn't apply enough or expected natural results but all I got was streaky, stinky, orange and disco ball glitter. Not sure why the reviewer below says no smell because I can distinctly smell the tanning chemical all over my skin, maybe my nose is more sensitive. Needless to say I'll be scrubbing extra hard in the shower tonight and will keep my tanning experience to natural sunlight in moderation..

on 3/13/2010 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This review is for the new version of Sublime Bronze Tinted Self Tanning Lotion-Medium Natural Tan.

Description on Tube:
L'Oreal Paris creates new Sublime Bronze Tinted Self Tanning Lotion. An advanced skin-smoothing formula with AHAs + Vitamin E for a smooth, streak-free perfect tan. New transfer-proof and water resistant formula gives an instant bronze tan that won't rub off or stain clothes as your natural sunless tan develops.

Instant bronze tint for subtle color that won't rub off on your clothes.

Soft, smooth 100% natural looking sunless tan develops in less than an hour.

On website:
Medium Natural Tan will be 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone.

My Experience:
This is more of a gel than a lotion. It dries quickly, and can be hard to blend if you don't use enough. It can easily be mixed with regular lotion for easier spreadabliliy, if you want a lighter tint, or to fix mistakes. There is a ton of glitter in this product, which if I had known, I would not have bought it. There is absolutely no reason to have so much glitter in something like this. It's not shimmer, or a subtle glow, it is full blown glitter.

It does dry very quickly, and develops quickly as well. I was a shade darker in a few hours, then it developed fully overnight. I did get a couple of streaks, but they were fully my fault, not the product. I like the versatility of this product as you can use it on it's own, or mix it with lotion to keep your tan going. I mixed it with my face moisturizer for my face. It didn't transfer onto my clothes, or sheets, as promised. It's not moisturizing, but I put lotion on top the first time, and that didn't affect the tan, or make me smell weird.

I haven't experienced any skin irritation. Most of you know that I'm allergic to virtually everything lol. there is no scent or smell with this tanner. At all. I literally don't smell anything on my skin and I am extremely sensitive to scents. Maybe this particular one doesn't react with my skin to produce that awful smell. On me, some do and some don't. There is a light soap-y scent in the bottle, which is way better than most! The tan that developed isn't orange at all, it's the color I would be if I spent a week in the sun. I didn't get to go anywhere for spring break this week, but now I look like I did :-)
**EDIT** Okay, I cannot stand the glitter anymore. I used this product twice now, and it's going back to the store.