Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

2.7

ingredients: water\aqua\eau ,dimethicone ,isododecane , cyclopentasiloxane ,polysilicone-11 ,butylene glycol ,ascorbyl glucoside ,peg-10 dimethicone ,curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract ,oryza sativa (rice) bran extract ,citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract ,hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge ,triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract ,betula alba (birch) bark extract ,cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract ,dimethoxytolyl propylresorcinol ,scutellaria baicalensis root extract ,morus bombycis (mulberry) root extract ,trametes versicolor extract ,saccharomyces lysate extract ,yeast extract\faex\extrait de levure ,peg-6 ,tromethamine ,salicylic acid ,polysorbate 20 ,cholesterol ,isohexadecane ,propylene glycol dicaprate ,helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake ,caffeine ,tocopheryl acetate ,acetyl glucosamine ,simethicone ,glycyrrhetinic acid ,polysorbate 80 ,sodium hyaluronate ,di-c12-18 alkyl dimonium chloride ,sodium rna ,squalane ,sodium sulfite ,sodium metabisulfite ,caprylyl glycol ,hexylene glycol ,ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer ,acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer ,disodium edta ,phenoxyethanol ,yellow 6 (ci 15985) ,yellow 5 (ci 19140)

on 6/13/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's not worth to buy . I already used this for six months . nothing changed and my dark spots are not lighting even a bit .

on 5/28/2016 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I purchased the Clinique dark sport corrector in April and used it as directed,
going outdoors I used also a sunscreen (recommended) the spots have not gotten lighter.
About one week ago I develop a tingling sensation first on the tip of my nose and then also on my face. I stopped using the spot corrector yesterday ( My skin is very sensitive) and the tingling was hardly noticeable today.
I wonder if I should contact Clinique, the product is supposed to be allergy free.
Regards
editheva

To Read all 466 Reviews, Login or Join

I have normal/acne prone skin. Bought this product 4 months ago. Went to Clinique counter wanting to buy the Smart serum but instead, the person told me that this would suite me better. I was pretty skeptical as I saw the review on this product was pretty bad. When I tried for the first month, i rejected it as it broke me out and it didn't seems to be reducing my scars. My boyfriend urged me to finish using it. I went on to finish it and did saw the results. My face use to be filled with scars and pigmentation which I tend to cover it up with makeup. After three months, my family and friends who have saw me with and without makeup have now, cannot differentiate it anymore as my scars and pigmentations have faded a lot as well as my skin have now smoothen out. At first it did broke me out pretty badly but over the 3 months, lesser and lesser pimple appear and now, my face don't break out unless during my period. I've stopped using it for 2 weeks as I was waiting to buy it at the airport, pimples came back and my skin doesn't seem as good as when I was using this product. Therefore, i would really recommend this product!

on 1/3/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I got it -50% for 60€(full price was 120€, yikes!!!).
I used a 100ml bottle for 3-4months in hopes it helps my acne spots, not age spots or sun damage, but fresh acne marks.
Basically it didn't speed the recovery rate and I didn't see much benefits for such a expensive product. I just think the ingredients they have put into this serum aren't actually meant for dark spots nor do they have any research behind them to support the claim of healing dark spots, while vitamin C and AHA for example do.
I use the Garnier dark spot corrector now, which contains vitamin c and chemical exfoliant, costs 6€ and does a very good job.
The ONLY reason to consider purchasing this is when you are insanely sensitive to perfumes. I have very sensitive skin and the Garnier one contains perfume, but I've not experienced any sort of problem with it.

on 1/2/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I think Clinique used to have another version of this several years ago; I had purchased that other version and had a lot of success with it, but I think it was discontinued and replaced with this product. Over the last several months I have developed a lot of acne around my chin and jawline, and so I was really expecting to see a change given the success I had with that other Clinique product. This serum had a minimal impact on my skin, and I used it CONSISTENTLY. Some of the scars did become slightly lighter, but the difference was really slight. I was also hoping that since it has some salicylic acid in it, it would have an effect on my acne, but it did not. On top of that, this serum is pretty expensive. To me, it's not worth the cost. I am seeing a MUCH more substantial difference in my acne scarring using the amazonian bentonite clay mask - that stuff really works!

on 12/20/2015 6:20:00 PM

In the past, I've had success with hydroquinone products for lightening my freckles/age spots but I'm always a little worried about using them - they can turn skin gray if used too much and the ingredient is banned in Europe. Based on the ad copy for this product, I had the highest hopes that it was a safe, effective way to acheive the same result as hydroquinone - but no dice. Just to be sure, I actually took cell phone photos of my cheeks before starting the product and then after 3 months of faithful daily use (along with the SPF version of the product in the daytime) and I'm sad to report there was ZERO difference. I really wish I could get my money back! I eventually I switched over to Murad's Rapid Age Spot Serum (which does have hydroquinone) and saw a brighter face within just days. Sigh.

on 11/13/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'll keep this review short. The serum simply doesn't work. I'm Asian and despite using sunscreen every day I still have some hyperpigmentation Didn't lighten ANY of my existing age spots.

I have been using this product for two months now,and so far no results in spot correction.I have a small scar on my right cheek from my teens .Over the years ,it has lightened but still visible .I am getting married soon, and so i bought this product hoping it would help,however i haven't noticed any difference.It is advised to apply moisturizer+sunscreen on top of it.The consistency is good and gets adsorbed quickly.It din't give me any breakouts.But seems just an added step in my skincare regime and it didn't do anything for me.:(

on 10/14/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Nope. Doesn't work. There is absolutely no redeeming quality to this product. Just a hole in your wallet and jar taking up space in the medicine cabinet.

Been using this for 6 weeks. The lady at the counter said this is when I will start to see improvements. Still have very bad acne scarring on my forehead and other areas on my face. Extremely expensive, didn't work, broke me out, not worth it.