MAC In Synch

MAC In Synch

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried and tried with this liner..... First off, I think very few people could pull this shade off. It has a very strong yellow undertone. Secondly, it is so dry. Tugs on my lips something terrible. Applies patchy. I bought this because a youtuber I followed used this/raved about this in several videos, and I always had luck with anything she used/'recommended'/raved about. Not this one (but, you can't win them all! ;) )

But..I even tried pairing this with multiple shades of lipstick, not just ones in the same 'color family,' and it just made anything and everything I paired with this look odd. I tried pairing this with corals, peaches, pinks, nudes, browns..everything except reds and purples!! lol.. It just is an extremely hard shade to pull off.. But that aside, it is so very drying. Even using a lip balm, this tugs and applies unevenly/ very patchy to apply. So even if the shade did work for me, it's just too drying / too unpleasant to use or wear (at least for me).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This makes me feel like Snooki when I'm wearing this a bit lol it's a bit OTT but I love it w my pink MAC lipstick/Lipglass like Creme Cup, Angel, Snob, & St Germain. It is a very pale baby pink opaque no shimmers nor glitters (um, hi, Chanel!). This cancels out my entire lips if I want them to be & to do the pink Kim Kardashian's lips (or Snooki), but u can sheer it out a bit too & not have concealer/dead lips. It's not for ev1, I don't see why buying it if it's not ur color then do a negative review. It is what it is. Grain of salt time. Like I said this isn't ev1's cup of tea. Rather silly to buy it when you know you hate concealer lips or don't own any icy blue based white flash baby pink lipstick/Lipglass. I'm not singling any individual out but caveat emptor is always the rule in buying makeup. & if u can't afford MAC gr8 but don't post here saying how ELF or wnw is "better" simply based on price pointe alone it's not fair to this wonderful lipliner! If you liked this u will prob also dig MAC Naked l/l it's more peachy. I had problems finding In Synch. First off Maccosmetics.com didn't have it. I called them. Then i paid a visit to a local yocal MAC counter no such animal. So finally I got it off Macys.com. That's a good site for MAC makeup (& u can get a Macy's credit card yay!). I'm soooo glad this l/l made its way into my life. MAC lipliners are lyfe not some janky drugstore lipliners! :-)

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

I do really like this lip liner since it is a very nice nude color but still a lot of pink in it.
I reviewed it together with some photos here;
and here http://www.louiseadolphson.se/simple-make-up-look/
I think it looks great when you have a bit of a tan because it can look a bit too yellow/orange otherwise.
I also like to apply it in the middle of the lips to make the lips look a bit more plump. I would imagine this lip liner would be gorgeous also with a darker skin tone!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have pale skin in the winter, NC15 and this liner pulled very orange on my skin. I would recommend this to anyone darker than me, I'll get more use out of this in the summer though for sure. It is very creamy

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really enjoy this lip liner. I have very fair skin and blue eyes and this colour looks pale and peachy against my skin. I could see this looking totally white or darker skin tones. I pair this with myth lipstick and I get a gorgeous pale, peachy nude. It's expensive but I have yet to find any comparable products/colours. Thumbs up!

on 8/13/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Ehhh could take it or leave it.. Nothing great about this.. It looked a lot more baby pink in the store, in natural light, it leans a slight bit orange (if you're cool toned like myself). Have a drugstore lip liner that's the exact same color but better; won't purchase again

on 7/27/2012 8:53:00 PM

basically its a "concealer lip liner" (im nw15 -nw 20 for reference). im really disappointed. its really drying, you cant fill your lips evenly and its color makes the natural color of your lips disappear..
of course i wont be bying it again, but since i have it, i tried to find a way to use it. so far, the only way i found to apply this (fill your lips) evenly is: if u apply it and then rub your your lips with your finger, the way that you would put a lip balm / lip gloss (in a pot) with your finger, it blends and the color is distributed equally -there are no patches with more or less color. then you put on a bit of a lip balm, because it leaves your lips really drying and you can pair it with your lipstick (it goes well with creme cup and sweetie) and if you want you can put a bit of lipgloss on top. since its kind of a "concealer lip liner", it accentuates the color of the lipstick so it would be better to use it with a light color lipstick, or if you want your lips to "stand out" with a brighter color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Why purchase if it's not you color? I don't understand some reviews here. I always make sure that I like the color and that it matches me before I buy it.

Anyways, this pencil is perfect. I mainly own nude lipsticks just like Myth, Viva Glam Gaga, Angel, Creme Cup, Shy Girl etc.
I love it so much because it works for every nude lipstick I own.
Sometimes I even use it on it's own. It's not as creamy as other liners by MAC but it looks just as nice on my lips. But I have to say that I actually prefer creamier lip pencils. It can emphasize dry lips but I don't have that issue since I always use lip conditioner.

I'm pretty fair, around NC15-NC20, so it doesn't look too light on me.
I wouldn't recommend it to darker skintones unless you want to look like Nicki Minaj.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pretty pale pink (almost whitish) liner that I use mostly when I want bubblegum pink lips. I use this mostly with Viva Glam Gaga, Of Royalty, Pretty Please, Nude Rose, Saint Germain. I feel like Nicki Minaj when I wear it. Has ok staying power. I just got it because it's such a unique color.

i went to MAC a year ago to get my makeup done and the make up artist used in synch in my lips with viva glam gaga (pink) and baby sparks dazzle glass, I was automatically in love. It's a bright, yellow toned pink. It looked like a liner that would be perfect for my pink lipsticks.. It's a pretty good color for those who wear very nude lip colors. If you like Creme d' Nude, this may be a good choice. its beautiful color and the way I like to wear it, is all over my lips, with a nude, pink lipstick. Even though it's slightly drier than other MAC Lip Liners, I don't find that it dries out my lips at all.

Popular Lip Liners