Philosophy Flirty Girl - body lotion

No Image

2.7

I admit, I'm attracted to anything glittering and pink. So, of course, I had to buy this lotion. I had read that it smelled like watermelon candies. I like watermelon, I like candies. Why not?

The smell is quite sweet, which usually never bothers me. In fact, I usually LOVE sweet-smelling lotions. However, my feelings towards this particular lotion are quite the opposite. The smell, which reminds me of the watermelon Lip Smackers I used to wear in elementary school, is quite nauseating if applied to the entire body in a small room. The term "gassed" comes to mind, in fact. If I don't apply the lotion to my entire body, and only use a small amount, then there's no problem. Despite a sickly sweetness, it is quite moisturizing (a given from Philosophy) with a hint of shimmer.

on 3/14/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm horrified. I am a Philosophy devotee, but this lotion is an abomination! I'm quite girly, so the soft pink color drew me in. It looked very cute in that signature simple Philosophy packaging. However, that's about the only positive I find about this product. The scent is reminiscent of an explosion at a gummy bear factory. Overbearingly sweet. It does smell cheap, and that's so unlike Philosophy. I've found that even their more fun scents that could very easily smell cheap, such as cinnamon buns and vanilla birthday cake, have a quality about them. They don't smell like some $1.99 drugstore fiasco. Flirty Girl on the other hand, DOES. It's not moisturizing enough for dry skin. I can't imagine anyone other than a child truly enjoying this. Clearly it's geared for a younger demographic, but I'm 21 years old. I hardly have one foot in the grave, and I know I'm too old for this. I doubt wearing it in public will garner compliments, it may however appeal to members of the opposite sex with a Lolita complex. However this lotion is no Nabokov novel, it's more of a Tiger Beat Magazine. If you're an adult, their Grace lotions are of much better quality with scents far superior to this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This lotion is just like the other scented body lotions from Philosophy in that is a very good body moisturizer. I read as many reviews on the web as possible because I was so interested in buying this lotion. I kept reading reviews that said this smelled like watermelon jolly rancher candy. It doesn't smell that sweet or intense. It definitely smells like watermelon, but also has a solid element of Philosophy's Unconditional Love mixed in. As far as potency, I do smell it on myself throughout the day. Overall, it is quality lotion with a cute fragrance!

Popular Lotions / Creams