Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Beige Pearl 7041

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Beige Pearl 7041

4.1

Mica, Kaolin, Silica, Nylon-6, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Pearl Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, BIS-PEG-12 Dimethicone Beeswax, Caprylyl Glycol Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Polybutene, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenethyl Alcohol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Carmine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Yellow 5 Lake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was first introduced to highlighters by birchbox when they sent a manna kadar highlight/bronzer duo. At first I didn't like it but as I learned to use their light, sheen-like (not sparkly) highlighter I wondered how I ever got by without highlighter before. When I hit pan I didn't want to dish out a ton of money so I searched for a similar drugstore product. I wanted to try elf, but my drugstore didn't have it. Being too excited for my new glow, this physicians formula caught my eye because it looked so beautiful in the packaging. I hadn't heard of it but I like PF and it's pricey so it must be good right? I'm so disapointed. I loved it when I tried it a few times when I got home but when I did my make up this morning it didn't have the same application as the night before. I tried building it and nothing. When I looked at the pan all the sheen was gone. I swatched it on my wrist and though it does have a slight sheen, it was more like face powder which made me angry because it was more expensive than my liquid maybelline foundation. Believe me, I'm not an "over the top" kind of make up girl. I do not want to look like I'm going to the club. I want a natural glow but the only time I got a glow from this was when I Iayered puppy love colourpop eyeshadow over it (which is expired and drying up). I want to make it work and I would probably try to keep it and do so (may be it would work better on me in the winter?) however I keep remembering the price and how I was pretty much tricked by the packaging and initial application of a sheen layer on top and regular powder underneath. Plus this is a lot of product, I paid the money for something I was going to have for a while. But I'm not wasting my time using this product up for so long when I don't even really like it. :(

Really though PF, it's more that layer of lies you have coating the product and the price you set it for at the same time that has me more angry than anything.

Buyer beware. You might like it, but it's not what you think.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is absolutely amazing! If you are looking for a product that is very noticeable and bright, this is not the right product for you. But if you want to wear it on a day when you wear little makeup, or if you want something natural for the everyday, this is perfect! It is not glittery or overly shimmery, like it seems when you look at the package. You could wear this to school and people would not even think that you had makeup on- It looks that good! It looks like you just got the best night of sleep in your life- but every day! I definitely recommend this product and will definitely repurchase!

I bought this in "Beige." Also, I'm NC 25-30. This is so sheer it probably would work for lighter skin as well. Be forewarned that the glitter you see on top is just a dusting. The powder beneath is simply a microfine, sheer powder with a subtle, non-glitter sheen to it. If you're looking for a pop of highlight that's strong - this is not it. Nonetheless, I really like this because I use powder foundation most days and other times just concealer that is matte. My face looks very flat after application, and for those of you who are familiar with mineral foundation, it takes awhile for your skin's natural oils to blend in with the powder to create a more natural look - I feel as though this product speeds up that process, making you look glowy and "softened" immediately. I dust very lightly all over and the effect is luminous and bright. It looks fabulous in photos too. Like very healthy, moist skin. Try it out!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My biggest issue with this is the lack of pigmentation. Try using a brush and you cant pick up any product, and it look chalky powdery and glittery on the face. I feel a little duped into buying this because there's a metallic glittery overspray that wipes off, and the actual product underneath is more like a face powder.

The packaging is annoying because it has a big pearl on the top which makes it impossible to stack with other compacts.

I don't recommend this. Physicians formula makes WAY better highlighters, check out the shimmer strips in Vegas strip and Miami strip!

I love PF products, but I may have gotten a bad batch of this one. The one I have is quite glittery, and I stupidly chose a shade darker than I should have. I wanted to love it like the All in One Shimmer (face and eyes) which is incredible - so blendable and sheer and shimmery but not glittery.

I find MAC "Shroom" eyeshadow perfect as a highlighter and more natural than this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this the other day at shoppers drug mart (mostly because it was on sale). I wasn't expecting to love it, but I was pleasantly surprised :). I usually prefer a more stark, obvious highlight, so I layer this product on about 2 times, the focus being the cheekbones. The only thing I dislike about this product is that it's not a champagne gold color like the benefit watt's up, but the quality of the product definitely makes up for that. The effect it leaves on your face is soooo nice! I practically kept on staring at myself in the mirror because I couldn't stop checking out that highlight! In short, I would recommend this product :)

on 3/20/2016 10:28:00 PM

I am LOVING this powder! I' m not happy with my foundation as it seems to have litte staying power and I think my foundation is causing this powder to look more shiny that it should. I've just ordered Physicians formula color correcting CC cream since the reviews here claim it has more yellow in it so i'm crossing my fingers. Not sure what is wrong at Physicians formula as they make two shades and they are basically orange. So time will tell. I like this color. It's a nice neutral beige. Looks dark if you swipe a cotton ball over it, but doesnt go on dark. I have the light bronze too. It has a more brick beige tone to it but is a nice bronzer. This seems to be more golden beige to me compared to the light bronzer. I tried it all over my face and I think maybe I should try just on my cheek bones. I'm excited to see how it does with the CC cream. I DO think that the person who suggested using a khabuki brush may have something. I have been using a fluffy brush but it seems to "look" better if you use a khabuki brush. I am not a fan of khabuki brushes because they tend to put powder on too heavy, but this gem is NEVER going to look cakey no matter how much you put on. So I'm still Experimenting but loving it! You dont "Feel" greasy but glowy. I'm using Covergirl Aqua smoother foundation which I LOVE initially....just love it.but it goes away! Disappears on me, so going to find something that is a better pairing with this powder. Will keep you posted. Thanks MUA. I NEVER buy anything without consulting all of you! Oh and yes...wipe off the first layer with a cotton ball. I didnt know this years ago when I tried it and the first application freaked me out! So I thought...yuck and threw it away. Once you wipe off that layer of super sparkle, its wonderful and the person who said it has no "glow" after that layer needs glasses! It does have a glow, but it's not a disco ball sparkle and I think it looks beautiful in the day light outside best!

These glow pearls are amazing. They are an awesome drugstore dupe for the hourglass ambient lighting powders. I love to use the beige pearl color to blend all of my makeup together at the end. It gives that perfect blurring effect. I used this product in the makeup tutorial below.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use it as an eyeshadow because I get little to no pigment when it comes to using it as a highlighter

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really into strobing so I'm into seeing what's out there on the DS market for it (mostly the Loreal are thumbs down & wnw is very ...meh). All of PF products are very high quality, even for this price pointe I don't mind paying $10 if it's really good. The packaging I must mention w the pearl on top is adorable (I love & own a string of pearls & pearl earrings!), but the packaging could've been more streamlined. I feel like the product is smaller than expectations coz of the bulkiness. Not sure how long will last. (Me: Plz don't DC this!!) The brush is nice, mirror, check & it all "works!!" Good system...I apply this w an EcoTools fan brush. Lovely highlight lit-from-within glow not too OTT/glittery/disco ball but shimmery & dewy...good evday work horse product. I wanna get this in light bronze too! My next purchase. This is "almost" as nice as Becca, Hourglass or MAC! For a fraction of that price. I hate spending $32 on MAC or $37 on Becca...don't start me on $$ hrglass ambient lite palette! Does not break me out nor enlarge pores. I'm collecting all of the PF highlighters 1-by-1!