no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

The BE mineral eyecolors do need a primer for full effect and longevity on most (98%) people, including me; Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay's primer will work just fine, but BE's primer is good too (if you have another primer you like, feel free to stick with it). That being said, I love the texture, blendability, and longevity of these gorgeous eyeshadows. I can never have enough of them. They require some more application time than compact-based eyecolors, but they're worth it when you have the time. Surprisingly little fallout for a powder. The glimmers are the best things going for the BE shadows--most of the best shades are in this category. The shimmer isn't too bad, even though I'm over thirty. :)

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Other

11 years ago

I love these shadow/glimmers...super pretty and always look gorgeous on...can be applied lightly or more for a dramatic look. Only problem is how messy it can get, or God forbid you don't tighten it enough, stuff gets everywhere! Other than that, it lasts forever and is a beautiful product.

About reviewer (609 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

11 years ago

I love experimenting with all the glimmers. They are slightly shimmery without overdoing it which makes them perfect for day jobs. I apply over my UDPP of course, so I'm not sure if they would crease or not. They are very easy to work with and blend nicely.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

Quite simply, this is the best eye shadow I have *ever* used. For $13, you get a small container, but only a small amount of powder gives you a beautiful coverage with a slight glitter--so it should last even with frequent use. I've tried it dry (more subtle) and wet (more glittery). It blends well. I got 2 complementary shades of copper/brown and asked for some shades of gray/silver for Christmas. And here is the thing--it LASTS ALL DAY. I put it on at 6:30 AM, and it is still pretty at 5:30 pm after work. I've never had eye shadow that worked this well. Definitely a keeper!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

I love these so much. I have super sensitive eyelids and most shadows (even high end ones like Dior) leave my lids red and scaly. I asked my derm. and she said it's probably a reaction to the dyes in most shadows. Well these are dye free, their colors come from the different levels and types of minerals used. Now I can wear any color I want with no reaction. Now that BE is much easier to find than it was 4-5 years ago I love them even more. As a side note I also like to mix these with a tiny dab (TINY DAB) of Rosebud Salve to use a cream eyeshadow when I'm in a hurry or when my lids are overly dry.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

I love the shadows from Bare Escentuals. The glimmers are a lot of fun as they are a bit shimmery. I don't think they are too much for the daytime if they are applied lightly. The colors are really quite fabulous and the formulas are amazing. They blend well and don't crease. I give these out to my friends (I am part of their seasonal eyeshadow club) and they love them too!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesOther

3.0

12 years ago

I find these to be too glimmery, even when applied dry. I have the faux fox and Grace...I do like the color of Grace so I still use it, only applying a very little bit.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

12 years ago

I really liked the BE glimmer shadows....I don't have a lot of experience wearing eye shadows, just started really when my roommate gave me her whole collection of BE to try out...so I did! I apply with UDPP b/c I have oily lids, and the shadows go on smoothly and evenly and the pigments are really great. They last all day with no movement, and I don't seem to have a problem applying them. Also, they never bother my eyes, and I wear contacts so any bits falling in my eyes really does a number on them. I love them so much I went out and bought some of my own, and I got my mom and friend to buy some b/c the colors are so great. They really last a long time too as you don't need much at all. I haven't really paid attention to which ones I like and what their names are, but I do like grace a lot...it's like a magic shadow. When I apply it, it looks more gold on the inner corner area, but looks rosy on the outer areas...it's like applying 2 shadows at once! If my roomie ever pries these out of my cold, dead hands I'll have to start my own collection!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

This is for Glamorista glimmer. I could not find where to put this in the title and didn't see any other reviews for just the glimmer. Anyway--this is simply gorgeous! It's like a dusty green/antique gold glimmer that is so pretty. If you like Purrfect you will love this one. It's pretty as a liner too. It doesn't apply too harshly and blends well. I love it.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBrown

12 years ago

Like the reviewer below, Celestine is my favorite eyeshadow, I have used it for years ever since a very helpful MUA recommended it to me as a shade that worked for almost everyone. I love the sparkle and especially love to put it below my bottom lash line and in the corner of my eyes at night to make them glow. It's never irritated my eyes. I've already repurchased even though it lasts and lasts... Because of Celestine I went out and bought other glimmers. I like the line and other colors but nothing seems to have the same level of sparkle as Celestine for me, not sure why!

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure