Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Disturbia 217

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Disturbia 217
Megalast - Disturbia 217Megalast - Disturbia 217Wet'n'Wild nail polish in Disturbia Megalast - Disturbia 217

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/21/2017 6:20:00 PM

Disturbing is a part of W'n'W's Megalast range. It's a dark purple, shimmer polish.

I love Megalast range, as these polishes come with ManiCurve Pro Brush, which are wide and rounded, making it easy to get around the edges cleanly and cover the nail in acouple of sweeps.

In the bottle the shimmer looks gorgeous, but it doesn't translate on the nail - the shimmer is only visible in direct light. Also it looked darker on the nail than I thought it would - almost black. The formula itself is a little runny, I managed to flood my cuticles 2 or 3 times. Having said that, I only needed 2 coats to achieve perfect opacity.

I will be buying more Megalast polishes, but I won't be repurchasing Disturbia.

This is a beautiful color, a deep plum-purple with a slight micro shimmer. I detest the brush in my bottle. It is pretty ratty, but once it is trimmed it is usable. I love the slight micro shimmer this color has, although I can't see the micro shimmer in the light . The wear is pretty good for these formulas and the price is dirt cheap, $1.99 USD. I am able to get a solid four days before my nails need a touch up. I usually take these off at the week and a half to two weeks mark, when I do that. I don't know if Wet n Wild has changed the formula, but these new ones wear a little better than some of my others in this collection.

on 8/21/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Boy, this would be great if the pink shimmer was more noticeable. It's very subtle though. You really have to be outside in the sunshine to see it. I put a coat of Nina Pro's Boys 'n' Berries over it, and that's the way it ought to look on its own. It's a little streaky but two coats is all you need, and it dries faster than the average polish. I got this at CVS on sale for 99 cents this week, and used the 50 cent coupon from the paper.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is gorgeous!!! A little dark for the summer but who cares! The Mega Last nail polishes are superb. They perform better than some of the pricier polishes I have bought. Be sure to use a good top coat and you are solid for about 4 to 5 days!

on 11/20/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I adore Disturbia! I feel like I will be repeating what everyone else has said, when I give it some description (sorry). The color is a gorgeous deep purple with light pink shimmer, which gives the color a very nice dimension. The texture of this nail polish is just perfect - far from runny, and not too thick. Even with one coat, it is wearable, but two coats saturate the color completely. As others have noted, the color is quite dark and looks almost black from a distance. I seem to be reaching for this color in the Fall and Winter - it feels ultra feminine and quite vamp. The lasting power of this (as the other MegaLast nail polishes) is exceptional. It never chips on my toe nails without a top coat, and on my finger nails it lasts a good week without chipping (also without top coat). I quite like the flat and curvy brush, as it covers a lot of nail at once, but it may be hard to use it on the teeny toe nails. Overall, I love everything about this product, and would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a brilliant eggplant that lasts and doesn't break the bank. P.S.: Wet'n'Wild is also cruelty-free!

on 2/14/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a dark plum with one coat and eggplant with two coats. In the light I can pick up some of the base colors that others have noted so it has a bit of depth. It has good shine and staying power. I am able to get at least three days with minimal chips. I think if you want more lasting power, a topcoat is necessary. While I love the color, I see myself reserving this for fall and winter. If you like dark colors, this is nice to add to your collection. I paid only $1.99 for it so it is very affordable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very dark shimmery eggplant purple that goes on much darker than it appears in the bottle. From far away, it could definitely appear black. Up close and in direct sunshine you can see the very fine pink/violet shimmer. The formula and the brush are just fabulous. The brush is like a paddle and is fairly wide. You could do a thing where you stroke once and your pinky nail is done. If you have narrower nails you may have trouble. But, really, the formula is the perfect consistency of being thin enough to work with but thick enough that it levels itself out and looks smooth. So I work with the wide paddle brush to cover my nails completely and it works just fine. I always use base coat and top coat and love the results. I put WnW Sparked glitter pink on top and love the way that looks too.

on 8/26/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

love the formula, brush is okay (larger but rounded brush), color...ehh. Thats just my personal choice, but I was hoping for a dark jewel toned purple like you see in the bottle but I did my toes with this and it looked nearly black. I'm def not a fan of black on my toes, maybe on the hands it would be alright. I'll probably only do one coat next time and add a purple glittery nail polish on top. I would recommend this if you are into dark nail polishes as it doesn't chip for a good 3-5 days

on 8/6/2012 5:43:00 PM

What a steal and the wide brush makes for the easiest application ever. I love it so much I bought every color.
I am on day 5 without a chip and I work with my hands.
Polish HG:)

on 7/17/2012 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

From the bottle I guess I expected a little more shimmer, but this is still a decent dark eggplant purple shade. I prefer the wide brush that this line comes with as I find it easier to get more nail coverage in one stroke, especially on shorter nails. I get tip wear pretty quickly, but I change my nail color a lot, so the lack of staying power doesn't really bother me much. Anyway, shouldn't one expect that for a low price? (Psst... if you wanna see something really awesome, layer Pure Ice's Busted over it. Now that's what I'm talking about.)

Popular Polishes