Revlon 705 Gray Suede

4.3

This color is perfect but the formula is horrible. One coat is streaky, two coats still comes out streaky and never dries properly. With and without fast dry base and top coat, this stuff never dries completely even after waiting over and hour. Dents, scratches, and smudges easily.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Gray suede is a shiny,creme nude nail polish. It's got a little bit of shimmers but don't show much when dried. It's got also a little bit of a pink undertone to it as well. Wich makes it a little bit warmer. It goes well at the application and last fairly long. Verry nice neutral color for any seasons! Love it!

To Read all 82 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

On the fence about this one. The color is great but something about the formula is off, as other reviewers have noted. I have quite a few Revlon polishes and usually they last about a week before starting to chip. This one started chipping after less than two days, and I hadn't done anything particularly taxing with my hands. I re-applied more carefully to try to get it on thinner, will see how it works this time around.

That said, I do like the color, which is not gray at all but more of a cool taupe. A great alternative to a sheer pink for the office when my nails are looking beat-up. It seems to have some shimmer when wet but dries looking like a very modern creme.

Revlon needs to get its European pricing under control though. I paid 7.99 euro (about $10) for this because I was in a pinch and needed something to cover my crappy-manicure-damaged nails for a job interview... would have cost more like $4.99 at Target back in the States. Damn VAT!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Gray Suede is a matte light gray-beige. Two coats give full coverage. I find it slow to dry, so I allow 20-30 minutes before applying the second coat, and another 30 minutes before applying Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.

I don't like the brush - it's too thin and that makes it difficult to spread the polish evenly.

I've never rated a nail polish before. Mostly because I'm not as nail focused as some. But this color is a god send. It has a nice shine, wears well and the color is phenomenal. I'm still surprised by the name though as I don't see the gray as much as some people describe. Maybe it's my coloring (light, slight pink) that gives it more of a versatile slightly cool tan color. A couple healthy coats with a good topcoat and you are good to go for days. Makes nails look finished without being made up. A nice alternative to the umpteen sheer pinks out on the market today! (My little hint for good adhesion....a little swipe of pure acetone before application of base coat. Sticks like glue.)

I love neutral shades.

This is nice nude for those with a tan. There's a soft shimmer that you can't really see. I have to do at least 2 coats.

Ultrapretty low-shine nude with a tinge of grey and understated shimmer. I like that one coat dries in less than 15 minutes, and just makes my nails look "done" without crossing into "overdone." I like to wear this when I travel because it doesn't chip, it just sort of wears away over the course of a week.

Full retail is $5.99 at any grocery or drugstore, but look for sales.

This nail polish is great for the price point. I'm pretty sure I got it on a major sale at CVS. Great color! On me it's a grayish, slightly shimmery nude. With my ORLY bonder rubberized base coat it lasts pretty well; only minor tip wear after 4 or 5 days. Looks simple and classy and doesn't draw attention to itself. Makes my chubby fingers look slimmer and longer, which is always a plus.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This Color is EVERYTHINGđź’•đź‘Ś I have tan skin and this looks so perfect on my nails, makes my skin stand out. Will purchase again !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Ooohh I had a Revlon coupon so I headed to the store to see what I liked. I saw this and thought, ok, it will be a little over $3 with the coupon and it looks like an interesting shade that I don't have. Maybe because of the name, I expeced it to be like a greige, but it's totally a pretty nude with a tiny hint of pink (verses a brown nude). But I LOVE it!! I put on one coat as a light subtle color and then later put a greyish coat with this on top to achieve a (streaky, but effective) greige and wow, it's really pretty. I doubt I'd need to get another, since I don't go through polishes quickly, but yes, I'd get this again!

Popular Polishes