Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

3.7

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7.5%, Oxybenzone 5%. Water, cetyl dimethicone, silica, styrene/acrylates copolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, ethylhexylglycerin, steareth-100, caprylyl glycol, pentylene glycol, steareth-2, cyclopentasiloxane, polyester-7, chlorphenesin, bisabolol, disodium EDTA, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, butylene glycol, BHT, mannan, xanthan gum, polymethyl methacrylate, camellia oleifera leaf extract, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, tocopheryl acetate, portulaca oleracea extract, pantothenic acide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Broke my fair, sensitive combination skin out horribly!

I applied it to my bare, clean face for a couple of hours of yard work outdoors. I came inside to find my face broken out in red, scaley rough patches. This was followed by several days of extremely dry, rough skin. This did not work around my eyes either - it caused them to water and sting.

I do not know if my response was caused by the use of fragrance or the SPF overkill. The texture and feel of this product were great, so it's a shame this didn't work out. I will be returning.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have skin that is oily/combination, prone to clogged pores. Usually I will apply moisturizer, this sunscreen, then makeup as usual every morning. I work outside walking dogs, and I have spent hours in the sun with NO sunburn to be found on my face, which is great! It doesn't seem to have much of a smell, and dries nicely, leaving a perfect texture for makeup. I did not see any increase in clogged pores from this product. It lasts at least 6 hours for me, unless I'm extremely sweaty.

My main complaint is that it's a bit watery, I would like it better if it were just a tad thicker. The packaging could be better too, I wish more companies would sell their products in a pump bottle. Other than that, no complaints here. I would most likely buy it again if I didn't find a product I liked better. It's pretty good for the value.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely love this sunscreen. I have gone through various skin stages in my skin and this has always been my favorite. I went on accutane in February 2016, so I used to have extremely oily acne prone skin. For those with acne you know how difficult it can be to find a suitable sunscreen that doesn't make you oily or worsen breakouts. Now, 2 months after finishing accutane, I have clear normal/dry skin. This still is perfect for my face. It blends in seamlessly, leaves no white cast, and has a silky smooth finish. I love this stuff, however it is a chemical sunscreen and a high spf factor at that. If you have sensitive skin this may not work for you but for the price it's worth a try.

Pros:
-super light weight
-non greasy
-effective in blocking out UV (didn't get tan after a long day outdoor)
-doesn't "cake" up when you sweat or go underwater
-fresh smell
-great packaging

Cons:
-relatively more expensive than other sunscreens
-non water resistant?

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my holy graal of the sunblock!!! I tried la Roche and Vichy, but both let my skin very oily and white. This left my skin very dry. Amazing product!!!

this is the chemical 'version' of the pure and free sunscreen in the same type packaging both are very runny liquids that have a tiny ball inside to help shake evenly i like this much better than the pure and free one because this doesn't have that gritty texture. this also doesn't give a white cast under makeup this is also not a water resistant sunscreen as it also is visible after sweating

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Expected this to be better for my oily skin.
The product was very runny and milky looking. I thought this would feel different than it did which was like a very watered down cream. It still had that creamy feeling when rubbing onto skin. Very light and liquid but still had that creaminess to it.
I really liked that it was liquid and easy to use. Even though it is a small bottle you do not need much and it seems like it should last a while.
What I did not like is that it did look a little greasy on the skin and never dried down to my liking. My makeup would slide around more than normal too.
Also, my skin just did not look as good with this under my makeup.
Overall it was ok not a favorite but probably my go to for now until I can find something better.

I really like this sunscreen, I have been using shiseido sunscreen for a while and I love shiseido' sunscreen texture that I have been trying to find a cheaper alternative, and I have found it in this. the formula must be shaken each time before use and there is a tiny ball inside to help in that, just like shiseido. the packaging is very good, and travel friendly. it is a tiny spout that prevents overpouring because it comes out slowly. the texture is very runny (I like that) and it dries to a semi matte formula, I have combo skin and this doesn't make me oily at all like some other formulas will. it is also a water resistant sunscreen according to the label, I'm not sure if it will hold up that well if u get into the water, because I tested it when I went for a run and it didn't hold up, however I have a separate sunscreen for sport activities so it doesn't bother me too much but anyway, I will continue to buy this all the time

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have very mixed feelings about this sunscreen. I love that it is a liquid, is affordable, and has a very high SPF, but I don't think it works for my skin. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and when I use this I find that my skin just seems red and irritated. If I use this instead of a moisturizer it does not provide any moisture at all. I don't think I would purchase this again. I recently tried the L'Oreal Silky Sheer Liquid SPF 50 and I like it soooo much better than this. Try that instead!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. I have been using this product for over two years. I have oily, fair, mature skin and live in the South, so I need a high SPF that can be worn daily under my makeup. I am over 40, so I use a Vitamin C serum first thing after washing my face, then I apply my sunscreen. I allow it to set for a few minutes while I brush my teeth, then apply my Skin 79 BB Cream (the one in the orange container with SPF 50). I don't have problems with the two products interacting together and have had no issues with breakouts other than the occasional hormonal nuisances. I have a back stock of this sunscreen since I use it daily and I order it from Amazon on their Subscribe & Save program. It comes to me automatically every six months and the price is the cheapest I have found. It is also very travel friendly and I did take it to the beach last year. It was the only sunscreen I used on my face while at the beach and it worked great. I highly recommend this product if you are not sensitive to chemical sunscreens. I know Neutrogena does make a similar product with a physical sunscreen in SPF 50 that might be a good alternative for those with sensitive skin.