Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Midnight Recovery ConcentrateMidnight Recovery Concentrate

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome, lightweight oil that absorbs quickly and gives a nice glow. I use it about 2-3 times a week. Have already repurchased several times. Forgot to mention that I use this in place of a night moisturizer. With my oily skin, I could not handle one on top of the other.

This serum is an oily product, which is applied after toner and before moisturiser. It has an inoffensive scent and a little goes a long way, so the product will last a long time. I also like the dropper-style applicator, as it makes the product easy to dispense and apply whilst still being hygienic. However, unfortunately this product simply does not work for me. I have used this for about a month now, and unfortunately has broken my skin out quite badly, and caused red blemishes to appear. It appears to make my skin look congested also. As such, I cannot give this more than one star. Perhaps it would work for more mature or drier skin types. I will not be repurchasing.

I really wanted to love this product. Saw a Youtube review of it and went out to purchase a bottle for myself. LOVE the scent.. reminds me of a Clarins tonic oil I used to apply. Unfortunately the product made my skin feel tight/dry when used on its own after the Calendula toner. When I used it under the Ultra moisturising face cream, it didn't help much as well. All in all, I don't think it did anything for me. At $80 that's not okay. So I'm going to have to return the item.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This works amazingly well for me. I use 3 or 4 drops on my face and neck pre night cream before bed a few times a week and in 15 or 20 minutes I look glowing, refreshed, healthier, younger and paler/less red and will wake up like that. It also helps to make my skin feel extra soft. I have pretty nice and well behaved skin though, no major issues just generally can get a bit oily or a bit dry depending and I'm always trying to combat aging before it gets "visible". I feel this helps and just generally makes my skin look better. I didn't notice any breakouts due to this either. And it melts right in and doesn't feel oily at all.

I’ve been wanting to add a serum to my nightly routine, and came across Kiehl’s midnight recovery as a sample for my rewards at Sephora. First off, I’ve been using it for 3 nights so far and so it may be too early too tell. However, the benefits has just been too good that I wanted to write a review! Secondly, I have been struggling with adult acne, and I mean STRUGGLING! I’ve had acne since I was 15, and I am now 27 yaaaay. My acne is provoked by the time of the month and eating sugary + high glycemic foods. Within the past week, I’ve had 5-6 cystic pimples along my jawline. These are the worse. They hurt, itch, and never seem to go away.

Within just three nights of using this serum, I’ve noticed by skin feeling calmer, smoother, and not irritated in the morning. With acne, my skin is so sensitive and anything and everything aggravates the inflammation. This serum did not disrupt my skin or irritate it whatsoever. It definitely calmed the itchiness, and redness.

What I love most about the serum is that it’s so simple to apply, and it evaporates into the skin quickly. I do not feel any oily residue which is a PLUS for me because that could easily transfer onto the pillow while sleeping. This serum feels light, and has a very, very light scent from the essential oils.

Overall, this serum seems to be the magic I’ve been missing in my nightly routine. It seems to do what it promises, and I feel like I am adding love into my skin each night! I am hoping that within the next few weeks I will see an improvement in my hyperpigmentetion, and the cysts to calm down.

on 4/18/2018 5:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this at night on top of The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in squalane as a hydrator to counteract the retinol.
It has a pleasant smell, lavendar I think, which is comforting at night and feels good on my skin, however I don't think this is meant for younger skin. Would recommend for 40+ and over and not as a nightly oil either. I find it works best used about 3-4 times a week, whenever I use the Retinol. Other days, or rather nights, I stick with NIOD's CAIS with MMHC over it both day and night.

on 3/29/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love l! It doesnt do much for hyrating but with just 3 drops before bed, I wake up with an angels face. It reduces my scar blemishes and gives me a radiant, smooth and a bit paler skin!! Love the smell either.

on 3/28/2018 10:06:00 PM

on 2/24/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The only thing this oil did was give me acne. So in that sense my skin did look more youthful. Still returned it though.

on 2/7/2018 7:44:00 AM

i loved this because it made my skin soft and look better in a way i cant explain my skin just overall looked good, i have oily skin and was scared it was gonna break me out but it didn't, i suggest dropping it on your face instead of your fingers so you don't waste a lot of product, it has a lavender - ish scent and it absorbed into my skin pretty quick, kind of pricey but so worth it!