Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Midnight Recovery Concentrate

3.6

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

on 12/29/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing and a little hours a long way. It has helped me so much with discoloration and pigmentation after acne and being a lifeguard for two years outside. My skin loves this and I put it on every other night after washing with cerave, serum, moisturizing with a light face lotion, and then pating 4-5 drops of this on. I'll wake up and my fine lines are less noticeable and my skin is plumper. Expensive product, great glass dropper, dark blue glass bottle. Not travel safe but great for my skin care night basket. Would repurchase.

on 12/29/2016 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first few times I've used this oil, my skin felt splendid right afterwards. It was so soft, looked incredibly clear, almost radiant. I even used it in the mornings before day moisturizer in place of my usual serum, and my skin was very smooth and didn't dry out (as it usually does in the middle of the day).
The miracle however stopped after continuous usage. I used it during the night as the last step after my treatments and moisturizer, and maybe it's because I'm using too many or incompatible products, this oil just doesn't seem to make a difference anymore.
The oil itself is quite fluid, but it definitely takes time to absorb. I use it as directed, which is warming it up in my palm before pressing it on my face with both my hands. It's definitely greasy, but nothing my super dry skin cannot handle. But I just don't seem to see any effects as it once did. It can't be that I've built up a resistance that easily - i only purchased a 15ml bottle and I have not even used up half. (A little definitely goes a long way for this product, I'll give it that).
This concentrate contains lot of essential oils, lavender being the major one I believe. While I'm not a firm Paula's choice believer when it comes to essential oils, I am not exactly sure they have benefits for my skin either. Maybe it does deliver repairing functions to people who have other skin concerns, but for my skin type, which is normally just dry, I don't see anything happening anymore. I quite like lavender scent, but I guess I prefer it in my diffuser rather than on my face.
I now only use it along with heavy duty moisturizers a couple of nights a week (the thick or hard balmy textured creams that you would want to "emulsify" with, such as the original creme de la mer, or kiehl's ultra facial deep moisture balm). What I usually do with those two creams is that I scoop a little cream on my palm, add one or two drops of Kiehls midnight recovery, mix and rub to warm everything up, then pat on my face. But frankly, I can use any oil for this purpose, I'm just trying to use this up.

on 12/28/2016 10:01:00 PM

Im returning this after about a month of use. The serum is like a dry oil its very light but it hardly absorbs into my skin. It mostly sits on top. I wanted to love it because of the hype but it did nothing for me. young, dry winter skin.

I got this as a sample along with the day (yellow) version of this. I am 18 and have quite a few acne scars and this helps to get rid of them. I also have a major problem with white heads and clogged pores but it seemed to reduce after i started using this. It does not feel oily on the skin however the daily version of this does. And it smells divine even if it is not an additive the lavender in it thats supposed to calm the skin leaves a lovely scent thats almost therapeutic. It is quite pricy but i feel it is reasonable since it works so well.

on 12/21/2016 1:00:00 AM

I really wanted to like this, especially because it smells wonderful. However, my skin could not deal with it, as it broke me out terribly. I'm pretty sure it's this, because my skin got better after a couple of days of not using it.
I got it as a sample (thank god) and I really do not recommend it for acne prone or sensitive skin. Definitely not buying this!

on 12/13/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is normal to oily and very sensitive.
This did not create any redness, but it felt very heavy and made my skin greasy. I will definitely not going to buy even though I like the brand and their shaving cream

on 11/27/2016 10:32:00 PM

I don't know if it's doing anything. It's expensive and because it was a serum, I was hesitant to use it because I have oily skin... One good thing about this is it doesn't break me out.

on 11/23/2016 10:09:00 AM

This is a really good product that I've restocked twice. It smells very relaxing. I've mixed a drop into a lighter moisturizer to make it heavier, and used 3 drops under a moisturizer to wakeup to a brighter complexion. There's always a difference when i stop using the MRC.

The only thing is i hope itll eventually come in a pump bottle. The glass dropper is luxurious and fun at the start, and it helps me control the drops really well. However it is tedious. Perhaps a pump bottle like the Estee Lauder ANR would be nice.

on 11/23/2016 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this, but I unfortunately did not :( I like the packaging and the oil texture itself is fine in my opinion. I did not like the smell, which makes sense since I'm not a huge fan of lavender, and this oil has a strong scent. However scents do not bother me that much and if the product did work for me I could easily get over it. I have been using this on and off for some time now and haven't experienced any results. Probably gonna throw it away which doesn't feel good as I don't like wasting products.

I think the lavender oil in this concoction messed with my hormones. My cystic acne returned and my period came a week early. It was pricey so I feel bad not using it. However, the daily reviving oil is wonderful and a real keeper :)