Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

3.7

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

on 7/23/2016 8:35:00 AM

So I`ve got a really generous sample of this and have been using it every night for more than a week. I was really skeptical at first because my skin is really oily, so the idea of slathering on more oil on my face just seems so counter-intuitive.The sales rep told me that actually it should decrease excess oil production, and to a certain degree I can see that, but I can`t say for sure that this is due to using Kiehl`s or the the other oil-reducing products in my routine. I love the fragrance: it kind of reminds me of those German lines, like Weleda. I haven`t experienced redness or irritation and my skin does look good in the morning, but nowhere nearly as good as with my SKII serums. When I use SKII I can see a dramatic difference in the morning: my pores look smaller, there are no red spots or blotches, less of those small pimples that appear on your forehead during hot summer days, and a glow. So, I`m not entirely sold on this serum, although it is pretty nice and much cheaper than SKII. I might repurchase to alternate using it with SKII so I can make the expensive serum last longer, but I don`t think it would be my go-to serum or anything.

on 7/5/2016 9:36:00 PM

I love this product! First off, I have sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I only use this serum 2-3 times a week, depending on my skin's condition. I try not to use too often because my skin is pretty "thin" so I'd break out easily if I keep using oils/heavy-duty creams.

I would usually do the following steps: Cleansing facial gel > Witch Hazel Toner > Wait till toner has been absorbed 80-90% > Apply 2-3 drops of Kiehl's Concentrate evenly all over, massaging it into my skin. I'll sleep and wake up with calm, plump skin!

Highly recommend ladies who have sensitive skin to try out the sample first because of the fragrance before investing in this serum.

To Read all 304 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely am addicted to this serum. Didn't know how much I needed serums in my life until my sister sent me this. I'm really surprised by so many negative reviews here. I guess it's making a lot of people break out. I have pretty sensitive skin and a lot of stuff makes me break out, but this definitely never has.

I love the smell....my sister could not stand the smell of lavender, it makes her nauseous, so that's why she sent it. I actually think the smell is heavenly and I look forward to putting it on my face every night.

I already look pretty young, but I have to say, this serum gives me a really healthy glow and I look even younger. Some people complain that it's too "liquid" or "runny," but you know, it IS a serum. Love the packaging....I have rebought several times. I only fill up the dropper once and that is good enough for my entire face. Only use it at night and I use Kiehl's daytime serum in the morning. It lasts about 5 months. It's pretty pricey, but there are honestly even way more expensive serums out there. I think it's a good value.

Didn't work at all as well as I hoped for. WAs supposed to be a night time recovery serum and just didn't do the trick as I hoped. It didn't irritate me but just didn't do anything.

on 6/13/2016 5:29:00 AM

I have dry skin and I bought this oil thinking that this will help my skin to be moisturized. That time I had very sensitve skin and this oil made it much worse. I got bumps all over my face (big und hurting) and now I have acne scars.

I have not been using it since I noticed the bumps/acne is caused by this product. Instead I use this oil on my body and it works very well (now it is not a waste of money and I will absolutely NOT repurchase).

on 6/11/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this oil last year, after I tried the samples and had great result. My skin was glowy and moisturized, no breakouts! After I bought it however, I started to broke out in deep pimples. I tried to alternate the usage with other oil/moisturizer, but the breakout was more or less the same. However, because it is expensive, I stubbornly applied this oil, albeit not everynight. After some months, I notice the creases in my forehead smoothed quite dramatically (I frown a lot). The breakout come and go, probably I will never be free from breakout. But the glow and anti aging properties are enough for me to repurchase. I found that I get maximum glow if I apply the oil after SKII FTE.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

My HG facial oil for hydration/plumping/softness. I use this by itself or under a moisturizer. It's the most easily absorbed facial oil I have tried. A miracle worker for dry, sensitive skin.

I am always looking for good products for my skin and this stuff looked very promising. But after using for about a week I was breaking out like crazy!! I realize that most new skin products can have this effect but this wasn't typical breakout...it was the deep super painful underground pimples that are the worst!!! If I kept using it it may have went away but it was becoming too painful. And for the record I have very oily skin so maybe that's why it didn't work for me??

on 5/7/2016 1:12:00 PM

So I was extremely disappointed with this product because I was so excited to finally try this product. One of my (former) favourite beauty bloggers Estee Lalonde, used to rave about this and so I had my eye on it for a couple of years now. But because it's so expensive, I never got around to buying the whole bottle. I got my hands on some samples of this and bought a half-used bottle from a Carouseller (please don't judge, I know I shouldn't have!). The real reason why I got it was because I needed an oil to soothe my skin after using the dermaroller. I was getting severe cystic acne all around my jawline and cheeks. Surprisingly enough my forehead was clear. I always had acne-prone skin, but my skin was doing so well then, that's why I had decided to start treating my hyperpigmentation by dermarolling. Without a second thought I blamed it on the dermaroller. I thought THAT had broken me out. So I stopped using it and coincidentally I also stopped using the MRC because there was no need to. I worked on my acne situation- somehow I decided to opt for Lavera Skin Nourishing oil (it's basically organic olive oil) every night and my skin began to show signs of recovery, albeit a bit slowly. A few weeks forward when my skin was finally beginning to look well again, I decided it needed more "glow"and nourishment. And went back to the MRC. Lo and behold, the next day I woke up more radiant, yes, but with PIMPLES. This time I had it along my hairline and near my eyebrows too. They appeared at the same spots as the old ones had. My theory is that it could be that the MRC activated the problematic areas of my skin. It could be the lavender. I did NOT appreciate that. I wanted to love it so badly especially how it makes my (non-break-out areas) look and how it smells. Oh gosh it smells therapeutic, reminds me of another product I loved and broke out from (slightly) -the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum. Perhaps I did a positive review of it here, but when I think of it, they are pretty much similar, -the lavender and other essential oils in it- but perhaps this one is a notch higher in intensity. Anywho I am deeply distraught by how this product fared on my "sensitive" skin. Kiehl's claims their products to be "safe" for users like me, but so far that claim turns out to be false. I've also tried their dry argan oil- it works OK for the hair, but for the skin it didn't do anything. If anything it made me greasier and more prone to whiteheads.

p.s. As you can probably tell I love skin oils. Any particular one you would recommend to me? For the skin's radiance and suppleness and it has to have some sort of calming effect- I want to try and get back to dermarolling as soon as my acne goes away!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using night cream from local skin care clinic for years (Indonesia), yes my skin got brighter and all the acnes were gone but I noticed that my skin was so thin, dry patches and black/white heads were everywhere and after some time it would become super oily. After reading about various skincare product, I decided I'd try kiehls.

I received generous amount of this magical oil and see results over 2 sachet of samples (4ml). My skin becomes healthier, moisturized, glowy without the unnecessary sebum, my whiteheads and blackheads were packing their belongings and leave.

I recommended this to a friend and she loves it as much as I do!