Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder
Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mica, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone, Quaternium 15, Dextrin, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Ultramarines

on 8/28/2016 6:13:00 PM

I have the shade Classic Ivory, oily - combination - acne prone skin

Pros:
Looks natural, not cakey/powdery
Keeps me matte for a long time
Light, consistent coverage
Good price +availability

Cons:
Powder breaks very easily
I get oily after about 6 hours
Clings onto large dry patches (not small ones)

Love this powder! I always had trouble with oil seeping through my makeup and making my skin look totally cakey. But alas, this powder makes my foundation last all day long without any touch ups. No coverage if that's what you're looking for, just mattifying qualities. The packaging is kind of an eye sore but for the price and quality of the product I'm willing to overlook it. Highly recommend for people who have oily skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Use VERY SPARINGLY. No need to overload on it. I use one of the lighter shades and it matches my skin tone fairly nicely. Unfortunately the staying power was terrible for me so I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/28/2016 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this powder when I was a teenager, since then I've used Revlon, Rimmel, Hard Candy, Urban Decay, Mac.... all a waste of time and lots of money. This cheap powder is the only one that keeps me shine free for hours. My only complaint is that sometimes the compact breaks in half before I've used up all the product and I have to use a rubber band to hold it together in my makeup bag, but for such a great powder for $6 I couldn't care less. I find it's best to wait until I get oily to apply it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this recently in Soft Honey. I am acne prone, so decided on this one rather than the one in the the brown container that I'd used in the past. I do like it. It gives really good coverage for a powder (I do not wear foundation and only own a Marcelle BB cream I seldom wear). I rely on a powder as my only face make-up. This is nice, even matte coverage, long lasting too. I realize tho, buying it in the midst of winter was prob not the best idea as it's a tad too dark for me. However, it'll be perfect for the spring / summer months when my skin's darker. I have not had it long enough to state whether or not it will break out my acne prone skin, but will up-date. Certainly hoping that it won't as it's oil free tho. I do really love their new "Ready Set Gorgeous" pressed powder. May actually combine the two a little. Like put the Soft Honey on my cheeks until summer when I can wear it all over face.

on 12/5/2015 1:13:00 AM

I really like it!

I have been using this product for about 2-3 years. My skin is oily, and is leaves my skin looking matte for hours. It won't cause my skin to breakout. The smell is soft and pleasant, and it is not an expensive powder.

on 11/22/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great pressed powder if you have moderately oily skin. As soon as a applied it my skin looked matte (sometimes too matte) and no oil was visible. I do have to say that it wears off fairly quickly and doesn't give extreme coverage if that's what you're looking for in a pressed powder. I know for me, I don't like powders with full coverage, so this was perfect. I would definitely repurchase this.

on 8/21/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Controls oil pretty well, but not super well. Easy to carry around, but the compact isn't spacious enough to fit a compact inside (won't close) so I had to put a hair tie or elastic band around it. Price is good. Might re-purchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This powder is pretty chalky even when you just apply a light layer. It claims to be "oil control" but my face still gets oily soon after application, but then again that's the case with any powder. I think I prefer the sensitive skin version more just because it isn't as chalky but this one is okay and I'd still use it.

on 6/18/2015 9:24:00 PM

I have just finished up a compact this morning and of course, it wasn't until then that I realised how orange this turned on me! I must've walked around looking like a troll for many months! Good God! I have/had this in buff beige and although, in the pan it looks like a good match, it isn't. I'm an NC20 and most light, drugstore powders suit me well but this surprised me. I usually use Buff Beige in other CG products but this was off and didn't control oil well anyway depending on which foundation I used. Maybe this is why they got rid of it in most stores. I'll use up my backups and search again for my perfect setting powder.