Jouer Cosmetics Hydrating Lipstick in Kiki

No Image

3.0

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Coplymer, Beeswax, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Pvp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate; May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (77891), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica (Ci 77019), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Carmine (Ci 75470).

on 7/19/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm rating this lipstick low because of the shade/color, not the quality. I was so looking foward to receiving this lipstick based on the color swatch and description on the Jouer web site. Alas, the color was a major disappointment. I'm very fair with blond hair and love pretty pink lipstick, especially when it has a touch of gold. The description of the lipstick was "shimmering gold pink", however it is really a fairly deep rose with lots of shimmer (sort of bronzy more than gold). It even went to a bronzy peachy-rose when I put it on. There was no trace of pink on my lips. Also, the shimmer seemed to overpower the color. Maybe it was just my chemistry. I immediately returned it for a refund.

That being said, the formula was nice but the shimmer was a bit heavier than I expected and the color didn't work for me. I will probably order a different shade, as I do like the other products in this line. This was my first Jouer lipstick.

on 9/21/2010 5:00:00 PM

Like the previous reviewer, this lipstick (along with a few other items) was my first foray into Jouer Cosmetics, and I'm pleased I took the leap. Kiki is a gorgeous color. I do have rather pigmented mauve/pink lips, and this comes off as a rose/gold shimmer on me at first. However, it lightens considerably within in hour. Regardless, I LOVE the color--but I do not like the formulation, which is why I only gave it 3 lippies. This so-called Hydrating Lipstick is extremely drying on my lips, necessitating lip balm soon after application. Reminds me very much of those Josie Maran argan oil lipsticks that go on smoothly/slickly but immediately dry out the lips. So I'll keep Kiki and enjoy it under/over lip balm--but won't repurchase.

on 3/8/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first venture into Jouer and I'm glad I took a chance. Kiki is a great lipstick! It goes on thick and is a unique pinky nude rose with some gold shimmer to warm it up. It reminds me a lot of NARS Mitzi just a bit darker and more shimmery - it also reminds me of Revlon Blushing Nude just more cool and less shimmery. The scent is a faint lipstick scent that wears off. The packaging is so-so.... my tip ended up getting nicked, and one of the only Kiki online photos also was nicked so maybe it's not just me. The packaging is square and a little cheap. I'm glad I took the chance on this one!