Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine

3.7

on 3/28/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most others, I got a sample of this in a Sephora order. I tried it regularly and before it was empty, found myself ordering the travel-size. First, I'm a sucker for anything "Blood Orange"even though my brain knows orange is...orange. This, to me, has a good hit of orange peel at the opening, and the dry-down is...comforting? It has a mild vanilla-wood note, reminding me just a little of "Angel" back in the day. This is a foodie scent and it feels like a good "between seasons" scent--the fresh warm weather orange/orange peel note, then the comforting deeper tonka notes on the dry-down. This is no "Lauren" or "Botrytis" or Hermes "Jardin sur le Nil"...my usuals for going out around others. It's lovely, though, for wearing for my own nose when I'm not needing or expecting anyone else to enjoy how I smell :-) Overall, it's full of energy at first, then slowly winds down, which fits me perfectly some days.

on 4/11/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This really doesn't work with my skin. On me it smells strong, sharp and bitter. I find it interesting that some people describe this as sweet, it becomes very bitter on my skin and doesn't smell very natural. I think it smells like the bitterness of a citrus rind with none of the appeal of the fruit part and there is another smell in there that I can't figure out other than that it smells masculine and like soap and irritates my nose.

on 11/28/2016 7:44:00 PM

I got a small free sample of this. I usually like citrus scents, so I was disappointed when I first put it on, and it smelled like the Avon bubble bath in the big pink bottle from my childhood... very sweet and slightly powdery. But after a couple of minutes, I could smell a pretty orange peel scent mixed with the sweetness. That lasted for about 20 minutes, and then it turned into Avon bubble bath again.

on 11/15/2016 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is just orange. It's more complex than that--orange peel, orange, with blood orange, maybe some other citrus notes with something a tiny bit floral underneath. It's citrus that's a little sweet, but not much, just enough to give it some depth and make it a fragrance rather than a fruit oil. This is perfect pleasant, not at all overwhelming or perfumey. It's feels light and happy rather than sexy or seductive or mysterious, but it's also a little more grown up than you'd expect (maybe the jasmine?).

on 6/8/2016 11:08:00 AM

I received a sample of this product in my Sephora Play box. I love this scent! I think it is a perfect scent for summer. It's citrus notes emit a clean and refreshing scent.

In the past, i have not worn a lot of perfume. However, as I get older I have really come to appreciate fragrances. When I first sprayed this perfume I wasn't a huge fan. But like all beauty products, I gave it another shot before I tossed it in the trash. After I wore this product one or two times I was a total convert. I get a lot of perfume samples though my beauty box addiction and this is the only one I have considered purchasing a full size of.

Obviously, fragrances are like fashion- it's all a matter of personal taste. But I definitely want to add this scent to my collection.

on 5/8/2016 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this as a freebie for 100 points at Sephora.

Very fresh and clean - perfect for spring and summer. I would definitely wear this in an office, or to an event where I wanted a distinct perfume but not a sexy one. It of course does not last long.

It has d-limonene as an ingredient, and I use it around my home when I make DIY cleaners and room spray. It's a scent I love more around the home than on my person but I'll pull it out and wear it a few times a month. Many of my favorites are disliked (Tom Ford, for example) by a lot of people and this is inoffensive.

on 3/13/2016 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am actually reviewing the fragrance Mandarin Glaciale for Atelier colognes. It was not listed on Makeup Alley. However this is a great fragrance and so different from other fragrances out there. I originally bought the small spray size and used the whole thing so i sized up. It is expensive paid 85$ for the next size up but I know I will use it. If you want to try it out buy the rollerball size for 25$ It's a winner!!!

on 10/19/2015 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love orange scents but I am glad this is not a simple orange scent. I'm not great at fragrance reviews but here goes, this is fresh but not so much so that you couldn't wear it year round. It's not a cheap or young scent either. It's hard to describe it's certainly orange but it's got a musky slight floral to it that makes it something special. Would repurchase.

I have been using a sample for about a month, in search of a new orange fragrance to add to my collection. Although i do like the orange notes, there is another note that kind of kills the overall scent for me.

Its not as fresh smelling as i would like for summer, and slightly heavy.

I do like this scent but i would not buy a full bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ordered online from Sephora and selected Orange Sanguine as one of my samples. Surprised I like it as much as I do. I like citrusy scents, but not too sure about orange; however, thought to myself, "it's a sample, go for it."

When I first apply this, it smells like an orange peel. Flowers open during middle notes, and drydown I smell orange, florals, sandalwood, tonka beans and musk. Musk isn't listed, but to my nose this is slightly musky, and in a good way.

Wish MUA had a Maybe button to click when asked, "If you ran out, or lost this product, would you buy it again"? Clicked No, but am undecided if I will purchase out of my pocket. If I don't purchase, will enjoy using the sample until the last drop.

Popular Fragrances