Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum

Shiseido  Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum

3.7

water, dimethicone, glycerin, butylene glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, betaine, talc, polysorbate 20, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, silica, alumina, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), PEG-150, polyvinyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, mica, alanine, trisodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, sodium citrate, fragrance, sodium metaphosphate, serine, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfite, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, butylphenyl methylpropional, syzygium jambos leaf extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract

on 4/24/2016 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is amazing! My skin is sensitive-combination type and since I am skinny and 36, I have started to have problems with firmness of my skin. This creamy product can be used before the moisturizer and not greasy eventhough it is rich in texture. Very small amount is enough so you can use the bottle for 2 months at least. I started to use it 1 month ago, no pimples, no redness, not making the skin oily however it has great effect on providing firmness! My skin especially my cheeks and chin is firmer, gives younger look! It is also helpful for wrinkles and fine lines and reaching a fresh look but the most and primary effect is on firmness of skin which is great!
I highly recommend it to people over 30's with every skin type!

on 3/13/2016 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really lovely feeling serum that feels silky on my skin. I used a full bottle of this before reviewing as I wanted to see if it really did make a difference in my skin.

I do have a lot fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes and although I haven’t seen a reduction in these, my skin does look brighter and smoother overall. I apply this serum only at morning so I can comment that works under makeup. I am not sure if i would buy this again, I would prefer to see a reduction or at least more softening in lines with something so expensive.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 4:55:00 PM

I'm not on the serum bandwagon, still not sure what they do and I try tons of products. perhaps I should give them more than a week to do something but they tend to do nothing. This is one of them. It did give a bit of moisture, but aside from that nothing.

on 7/12/2015 6:57:00 AM

I use very good creams and serums on my aging skin. Some are true miracle workers. This is not one of them. My skin took backward steps on clarity, glow, and overall appearance. This also felt like pure silicone on my skin. May be useful as a primer because of this, but that was not my or the serums aim. Why make a antiaging serum that is nothing but cheap silicones. Shameful. In the trash. At my age, good skin care everyday is a must if I am going to keep the hands of time at bay.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had a sample size. Used it only at night. Is more a cream than a serum (usually is a runny lotion in my past experience). My skin feels smooth as if I've put on primer. I like the smell of Shiseido products which my mom used religiously most of my life. The smell may be offputting to others since it is a fragrance which could be bad for sensitive skin. I think this may have silicone which could block pores but I didn't use it long enough to have a bad reaction. I didn't see any improvement on my skin but if you like the feel of luxury, try this. It is more of an indulgence for me rather than an actual remedy for any of my skin aging concerns. The good thing about this is the hygienic pump bottle.

Will buy full bottle if and when I need a treat and want to reminisce about my mom.

on 10/24/2014 11:41:00 AM

Not sure why so many bad reviews - this is one of the best eye cream/serum i have ever used after lots of prestige brands from chanel, bobbi brown to garnier.

creamy and no milia under eyes.

Depuff a bit because of the yeast extract. one bottled lasted me 2 years mixing with origins depuff gel and garnier roller.

on 9/11/2014 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I received a .17 oz sample with purchase of eye cream. This is not your typical gel like serum but more of a cream. I used this in the evenings after washing my face. The application is easy and went on smoothly. There is a slight scent which I don't really care for but it does go away in a few minutes. I didn't really notice much difference but then I've been using really good serums & moisturizers for years. Of course there is only so much a persons skin will improve other than going under the knife or using injectables. People always think I'm about 10-14 years younger than my actual age anyway so I'm happy.

So although I didn't notice improvement, I also did not see my skin going backward to a crinkled mess. Would I repurchase? No because it's expensive and I know there are other great products for much less.

This product confused me because it is called a serum but feels more like the consistency of a primer- very siliconey.
I found the fragrance very strong. I like the fragrance far more than the results.
I found that my skin and lines appeared softer, but I also found it made my cheeks slightly sting.
Because of the fragrance and sting and the price I would not repurchase.

on 6/3/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was handed a sample of this serum with another purchase, and being curious, I swapped my normal Estee Lauder advanced night repair II serum for this when I got home.

What first struck (and repelled) me, was the scent. It smells just like Elnett hairspray, which I love, but don't use because of the smell. I avoid perfume in my skincare all together, because I think it can only harm your skin, so this was very off putting.

It's not your liquid-y (advance night repair -like) serum, but silicon-based. Something else I don't really care for, as I believe it can protect the skin, yet block pores and cause breakouts. It's got that slippery, primer feeling to it.

I definitely will not purchase a full size of this serum, the only thing going for it, is that it comes in a hygienic pump. If you like these type of serums, I'd look into Paula's Choice range of anti oxidants, as they have the same silicon finish.

on 7/29/2013 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Luckily I received a 9ml sample of this before I relented to the temptation of buying it for the full price! I think calling it a serum is misleading, and its more of a cream. I personally found it hard to spread, and therefore you end up using a lot of it. My skin felt very sticky and almost like it was "coated" with something heavy. This product is highly fragranced, and actually makes my eyes water. I love most of the products by Shiseido, but this was an epic fail!! I am sooooo glad I didnt buy the full size!