Bath and Body Works Smoothing Shower Scrub [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.7

I picked up a bottle of this at some point and just got around to using it. It is really nice! - but discontinued. I find it to be a combination shower gel and scrub. It lathers nicely and rinses off - unlike some other scrubs. The exfoliants are strawberry seeds which do the job, yet are gentle enough for this product to be used every day. There is a flip lid and the bottle has plastic grippers molded on the back. The fragrance carries well. I have this in Sweet Pea - which I find to be overly sweet, but ok for in the shower. If this was still being made, I would pick it up again (although in a different scent). I think there must be similar products out there by different brands and I will keep an eye out for them.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its such a disappointment that these have been discontinued. There is simply no other scrub on the market that works the same (are you listening, Bath & Body Works?!!). I used this scrub on my legs before shaving and what a difference it made. It was also the perfect body scrub before self-tanning, I always got the most flawless streak-free tan after using this scrub. I've been able to hoard bottles when BBW has their annual sales, but I know at some point they will just run out. Anyone found a good replacement yet?

on 5/26/2004 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the skin-renewing scrub (some odd little product I haven't found mention of, so I'll mention it here!) in mango, and it's lovely.
It feels very good (as most scrubs do), but it is very gentle on the skin (as I've found a lot of scrubs aren't) and the scent is very pretty.
Bath and Body Works was practically giving them away, so I picked one up, and now I'm hoping there are still some left.

on 3/21/2004 6:14:00 PM

Love these scrubs, my favoite is the cotton blossom. It smells very clean.

on 1/25/2004 11:56:00 PM

Oh man! This is heaven in a bottle. I found some of these at the January sale, bought 3 without trying them (I love the WVS scent and know these have been raved about here), and now I wish I had bought their entire stock! I am a body scrub freak- I love the different textures, scents, and the results on my skin. Well, I can tell you this is honestly the best scrub I have ever used. It foams lightly, scrubs without hurting, and most importantly, leaves my skin freakishly smooth and silky soft! I could not believe how soft my skin was once I rinsed out and towel dried. I really really hope they bring these back again during another of their sales. I love this so much that I doubt 3 bottles will last me very long :(

on 3/18/2004 9:32:00 PM

This is an average scrub. I prefer a real body polish, but this is ok for a quick scrub. It smells esp nice in the fruity scents.

on 1/13/2004 4:11:00 PM

I have to say, I love these scrubbies! I always buy sweet pea, and it couldn't be a better buy for me. The smell is great, it works wonders on my skin (shiny, smooth, you name it) and the price is awesome. Bath and Body works is really coming through with their products lately! I have been buying more and more stuff from them, including some of their facial products, and I love em'! I also have the BEE GOOD scrub and it is good. Def. try the smoothing scrubs, in any scent, if (pray) they don't discontiue them!

on 9/22/2003 12:25:00 AM

I love this scrub and have been buying it for years. It's great for a good full body exfoliation to leave the skin smooth feeling and looking. I love using it to exfoliate my legs before i shave too! This is my favorite scrub and well worth the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in cucumber melon. I like bath stuff from bath & body works. It has a nice scent to it. It cleanses and polishes skin. I'd buy this again but I'm disappointed that it is discontinued.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Warm Vanilla Sugar and it is definitely my favorite body scrub by far. I have used many scrubs and this is the only one I come back to. The gentle strawberry seed exfoliators don't dissolve and they make your skin silky soft! I definitely would buy this again, and again, and again...