The Body Shop Cheek Colour - 04 Golden Pink

The Body Shop Cheek Colour - 04 Golden Pink
Cheek Colour - 04 Golden Pink

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Mica (Opacifier), Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Boron Nitride (Bulking Agent), Zinc Stearate (Binder), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), Lauroyl Lysine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isoeicosane (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Laurate (Emulsifier), Lanolin Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Carnauba (Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Methicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Propylparaben (Preservative), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 15850 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have brown asian skin and never really liked glittery stuff except for eyeshadows. I'm also not a blush lover either because I must admit that I find it hard to find blushes that would suit my skin color without looking unnatural or contrived. In fact all my blushes are bronzers. This is my first TBS blush and I got to say that it really looks good on me even though I did not expect it to show up on my skin.

Once this is on, it stays on so its always better to layer the product to build intensity. If you do make mistakes, there's always dry tissue to buff off the product. The glitters are very fine doesn't quite show and is very wearable for all ages. My mom is 56yo and I ended up giving this to her because she had a college reunion to attend and I didn't want her to look like a clown knowing her propensity for putting on the wrong shade of blush with just her fingers *sigh* I'm giving her a brush to remedy that.

Anyway this is a good blush and I bought another one again, but I'm just giving this 4 lippies because of the price. Packaging is very good and sturdy with a press down lock to open. I like this packaging better than the all-in-one line which seems very flimsy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister bought me this blush for Christmas and I have used it everyday ever since!! It's always within my reach and I have to admit, in my opinion, it's the best blush I've ever used. Although, the only turn-off is that it's not really that cheap :/ I have found cheaper blushes, however, I prefer using this one as it suits my skin tone much more than some other ones.

on 3/9/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this for sometime now and I would say that its a great product. I disagree with the reviewer below me. It has great color pay offs. I'm also MAC NC 25-30 and I only need one swip for it to show up. It has a peachy pink color with gold shimmer? I think its really pretty but I dont use it as much maybe because its winter. It definitely really brightens my face and gives a nice healthy glow but not a natural glow if thats what you're looking for.

on 11/17/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It is a reasonable price, but for an Orgasm dupe, I'd rather get the real thing because you get hardly any product with Body Shop and I have to use a fair bit to get it to show on my medium skin (NC25-30 for reference). I also can run a bit too pink for my liking, but other than that I will keep using it until I run out.

on 2/13/2012 10:55:00 AM

This product is an exact dupe of the nars orgasm blush. I really adore this colour, it makes you look fresh and the blush looks very natural. Would repurchase!

on 4/16/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have the cream version- in the tube. And it's not a fave. The color is a bit too warm on my cool toned skin but what I really dislike is the shimmer. It's not glitter by any means but still too sparkly for my taste, makes my skin look even more oily.
Warning: a little goes a looong way. Start with a tiny amount and layer, can easily look overwhelming.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on the great reviews here and because it is often mentioned as a good NARS Orgasm dupe. The shade looks lovely in the pan, (I'd say it's a peachy pink shade with gold shimmer), but unfortunately this ends up looking orangey on my fair skin no matter how lightly I apply. I persevered with it until it started breaking me out.

I gave it two points because I'm sure that this would look lovely on someone with different colouring and less sensitive skin than mine.

on 8/26/2010 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite blush shade for summer! It is a wonderful peach(not pink as it mentioned on the package) colour with golden finish. Most products with gold shimmer tend to look cheap but this one gives a very healthy and sexy glow. Colour is buildable and it ranges from soft to intense depending on how much you use. One more pro is the vitamin E that it contains which i find very important for every beauty product.
The scent is barely noticeable which i consider to be a pro.
I also found this can be an exquisite eye shadow: i use 2-3 layers over a pearly champagne eye shadow and the result is a stunning velvety, extremely shimmery peach/coral colour perfect for summer!
I was really exited cause i found it on a big TBS sale for only 8Euro so i stocked up on this babe! Normal price is about 17Euro.
Unfortunately, lasting power is not very good.
When it comes to packaging, there's nothing special about it. It's black and silver and it mind sound chic but trust me, it looks cheapo. It actually makes me feel like a teenager again cause it reminds me of drugstore blush packages. I also think it's a major downside that there isn't a mirror nor a brush in it. So... 1 lippie off.
I recommend it for dark, warm and fair/medium complections. On dark complections, colour isn't noticeable but the golden shimmer works as an amazing highlighter. It lights up warm ones and gives a J.LO-like glow and when it comes to fair/medium ones it illuminates them and makes them look very healthly. But i'm afraid it's not good for very fair skins cause the golden shimmer looks kinda tacky on them (and this is why i avoid it during winter cause when my tan wears off, i go back to my natural fair complection). I think that cold pink, and cold mauve-ish shades are ideal for fair complections.
Finally, yes, i'll repurchase... If i ever run out of stock, that is *giggles*

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this blush alot, like the name says it's a very pretty shade of golden pink that is very flattering on my skin. It gives a healthy glow, but is not super shimmery. I've also noticed that this blush photographs really well. It is almost a peachy pink, but still looks good on me, I have never found an actual peach blush that suits me.
Since it is a lovely combo of pink, gold, peach, etc. it goes with almost everything. It is nice in the summer and works great paired with my bronzer, but it is a nice blush anytime of year. I would most likely buy this again if I ran out, but I still have lots left. It's small, but lasts a long time. The packaging is simple, but very durable.

on 8/9/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This blush have always been my favorite since I was 18-19 years old. I have been using it for years now and although I did try blushes from other high end brands and even blushes from Revlon, but this is still the best for me. It really helps creating a healthy glow on my skin particularly on my cheeks of course and yet it looks so natural. I often received compliments every time I wore it. What I like the most about it is that the color suits my skin perfectly and it stays long hours on my oily skin. There are also many selection of colors to choose from. The only cons are the price is a bit expensive and also the product packaging. The Revlon's blush packaging is way better than this, plus it even has a mirror on it which Body shop blush does not have but it is okay because the packaging looks hot anyway!