4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This lippie was recommended to me by a Chanel SA. It is a stunning colour, elegant and classic. Just enough red for my NW20 skin tone (dark brunette, brown eyes) and work appropriate as well as being appropriate for night time. The shimmer is light and not overdone. I took 1 lippie off because of the price, longevity of wear and because my lips felt a little dry afterwards. They may not have been in the best shape before I wore this lipstick though.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

8 years ago

Ladies, this is the perfect everyday, work-appropriate red, for those of us who don't commit to bold looks as a matter of course. Bright enough to register as a definite "red-lip" look, but muted enough to be demure, "Bois Des Iles" is versatile enough for any season. It does have shimmer, so be warned if you don't like that finish, but the consistency is so soft and rich, that I find it doesn't settle into my lip lines like other more drying, shimmery lipsticks do (Chanel Rouge Allure in "Ardent", I'm looking at you). I'd describe this is a warm-ish red on my neutral-to-warm complexion, but I suspect it will look more pink on fairer, cooler skin tones.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

9 years ago

Beautiful neutral colour, but with that extra sparkle and hint or coral in the brown. I look good in warm colours and like wearing this with Mac Amber Lights on eyes. A lovely lipstick, not sticky, but does not dry out my lips either. Beautiful packaging, as always with Chanel. I am NW15 in Winter and NC25 in Summer for reference.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

9 years ago

My sister sent me this l/s for Christmas (I can't get it where I live). Those who described this color as 'elegant' were smack right on target. It is elegant. AND it's hard to describe. LOL. On me - and un artificial light - this is a gorgeous mixture of pink, brown, red ... Coral is minimal, which is great as I look ghastly in coral lipstick. The shimmer is very understated, and I would describe it as a creamy matt. I'll tell what it looks like in day light. All in all, I am delighted with this lipstick. Thank you, sis! BTW, those who find this a bit drying might want to put a layer of lip balm under it.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

Applied it on my lips and didn't like it at fist. But when i lloked again in the mirror the color blended to a beautiful rosy brown with coral nuances on my lips. Love it. It' s perfect for day. Sigh..expensive though.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I have a few of the Rouge Coco lipsticks and I must say this colour is one of the better ones for my skintone. I am NW25-30, Chanel 30, GA 5.5, Shu 764/564, blue eyes, dark blonde hair but currently platinum blonde. I find I can wear most cool and warm colours if they don't veer too far in either direction. Bois des Iles is a gorgeous rosy corally coppery brown. It's very elegant. I am not a fan of lipsticks that have obvious shimmer because such lipsticks (and eyeshadows, blushes, etc) aren't appropriate for my job and I'm 31, not 15. The shimmer in this is minimal. It is a neutral shade that I think all but the very cool-toned could wear. The staying power is nowhere near 12 hours, but I can't think of a lipstick I've owned that's lasted that long. In any event it's a lipstick that doesn't need a mirror to be applied and reapplied. I have worn it with Laura Mercier cream blush in Praline and plan on trying it out tomorrow with my Shu Uemura peach-toned blush (I forget the number). I think it would pair nicely with NARS Lovejoy as well. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

I have finally found a Rouge Coco that works for me. I've tried Mademoiselle, Egerie and Organdi Rose and none of them quite did it. Bois de Iles is gorgeous. It's the perfect neutral with pinks, corals, browns and it seems to go with everything. It has great lasting power. I bought their gloss in Bondi Beach which complements it nicely.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

10 years ago

Went in for Satin because I tried Madamoiselle and I knew it did nothing for me. I am not dark skinned at all but my lips tend to have some pigment. When I put on Organdi Rose and Madamoiselle on my lips faded out. I needed something with a bit more color. I would never have noticed this one, but when I put it on, it was the perfect neutral for me. Some colors in the line went purple on me and red is just not me (except for Vendome, which I bought for my daughter's wedding-red coral).This is more of a brown/pink on me. Perfect for every day. Not the most moisturizing on my lips, but the wear is longer than most lipsticks. Would purchase again.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

10 years ago

Beautiful pink brown colour with a hint of shimmer. I have so many Rouge Coco's now that I have a hard time deciding which one, they are all so lovely. This colour looks great on my tan skin.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I`ve bought several rouge coco - very happy with them, and number 33 is among my favourites. It`s a unique rosy-reddish-bronzy with sparkles color, not too dark and not too light. Their formula also does not require a lipliner - looks powdery, but does not dry out the lips!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination