L'Oreal EverPure Smooth Frizz-Free Serum

L'Oreal EverPure Smooth Frizz-Free Serum

INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, phenyl trimethicone, parfum/fragrance, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, linalool, rosmarinus officinalis oil/rosemary leaf oil, butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, coumarin F.I.L. D32161/3

on 9/25/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good hair serum, one of the best in fact. L'Oreal should've added a fragrant smell to it though, the one i buy in Britain is fragrance free and I love a nice scent to my hair products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the pump packaging, works easily and looks nice. I apply about half a pump to my slightly-longer-than-chin-length hair while it's still wet. Then I comb it through with my brush. Totally eliminates any tangles as I'm combing my wet hair. Helps it dry slightly faster, makes it soft and less frizzy.. unlike other serums I've tried that leave me still frizzy but also with a straw-like texture. Absolutely love what this does for my hair. Also has some nice oils in it that are great for hair like Argan and I believe, Sunflower, while being much lighter on my hair, less oily and heavy than other serums (*cough* Morracanoil...) As stated I use this when my hair is wet and then later after it's dry I use the finishing cream... It's a winning combo for me. I will buy this over and over again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried pretty much every single serum on the market to try to tame my frizzy hair. There's products I finished but never ended up repurchasing because I didn't LOVE the result. I recently had some hair fall out due to some stress in my life and someone suggested I try sulfate shampoo. I picked up L'Oreal Everpure Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner and figured I'd try the serum to go along with it.

I like the shampoo and conditioner but I LOVE the serum. I finally found the perfect product to apply to my hair while wet before drying and styling. I use a pump and a half of this product (my hair is about halfway down my back) and work it through my ends then whats left on the top of my hair. It smells absolutely AMAZING...reminds me of something I would have put in my hair at the salon (it smells THAT good). My hair totally settles down and makes straightening and curling a breeze with zero frizz.

Its a little on the pricey side compared to other drugstore products but I got this for under $10. The bottle last forever because you only need to use a small amount each time. I will definitely repurchase this product and I am putting it on my list of HG products!

on 4/5/2011 6:54:00 PM

Was at the dollarstore to buy something & found a little bottle (50mL) of this stuff & thought about giving it a try for a $1 - what's to lose? I put this stuff into my wet hair with 2 squirts starting from the ends & working my way up (i have long hair down to my lower back) & first thing i noticed was the smell; it's not a pleasant smell @ all, it's a really strong smell. I found that this did tame my frizz but I had to squirt another pump on my dry hair just to tame my hair a bit more. I think a little bottle for me will go along way, still debating whether I should buy the big bottle or not. Will use this as a substitute til I buy my PM Skinny Serum.

on 12/23/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For 6.99 to 9.99, depending on the store, is really a bad price for such a small bottle, but yet I keep buying it again and again because it really does the job I need. I consider it a luxury, but my thrifty side is extremely angry at L'Oreal for treating it like an expensive dinner the size of cat food portions. I have big hair and I have FRIZZY hair. Most people with frizzy hair need more than the requested amount to use in order to reach every strand. The best part, my hair is soft and not crispy like gel products are capable of. So I have defined curls, waves and straight parts of my hair, yes it's a bit schizophrenic, but this Frizz Serum is adaptable to my many textures. The shine is really nice too, not ridiculous either.

I'm on the hunt for a replacement for one of my HG hair products, the (sadly) d/c John Frieda Everlasting Blonde Total Color Protector. I found this at Target on clearance (regular price = $7.99, on clearance for $3.98) for 1.7 fl oz. Per the box, this is a sulfate free anti-fade lightweight conditioning product (in rosemary mint). "...tames frizz, helps protect hair from humidity and seals in moisture so hair is smooth and super shiny... 100% vegan formula not tested on animals, no animal byproducts."

I have no issues w/ frizz (me - colored, straight, bobbed hair, chin length w/ lots of layers). However, I LOVE the JF product for the shine it gives my hair w/out greasiness or weighing down (trying to get shiny hair w/ volume is a very difficult task, but in combo w/ other products, my JF worx wonders). Since it's d/c, I'm trying to find a substitute.

I have used this product 1 x so far and I will most certainly update after more usage, but initial impression: didn't weigh hair down, no greasiness, very light smell, but not as much shine imparted as my JF. I use the same way as the JF - after removing velco rollers from my dried hair, 2 pumps into hands, rub together and lightly go thru hair w/ hands.

I have actually asked the hairboard if any of those lovely ladies have any other suggestions, but for now, I will continue to use and update in a week.

UPDATE - have used several days now, the initial shine doesn't last all day and it seems to disintegrate the body that my other products give my hair - something the JF didn't do. The hunt for a replacement goes on. Will not repurchase.