Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

3.9

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

In my opinion this mask is so overrated. It leaves my fine, platinum bleached hair too heavy and on my daughters crazy thick and full hair that tangles easy it's just average, nothing special.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I never understood the hype on this product. The only good thing is it does smell good. It's thick but did not do much to hydrate or repair my hair and it has 0 slip, which was surprising considering the silicones. I tried this product the way it says to on the jar, leave in for seven minutes then rinse. I also heard that this mask works better over night, which didn't make sense to me, but I tried it anyway and didn't get any better results. I also tired it under a heating cap which is what I usually use to help my deep conditioners penetrate deeper, and that still didn't help. My ends were dry and the rest of my hair was dull and felt like straw. I think the price is rediculious, especially considering the mediocre results and the not-so-great ingredients. All in all it's over hyped and if you just absolutely have to try it, I would recommend getting a trial packet or a mini travel jar first. There are many other hair masks that make my hair softer AND keep my curls hydrated and ends looking good for a fraction of the price. I guess it's just not made for curly hair.

To Read all 340 Reviews, Login or Join

Felt thick and moisturizing but did nothing for my dry ends :(

I have fine hair damaged by highlights and I used this cause it supposedly worked miracles. This mask is really hard to take off and the only good thing it does it leaves your hair soft, and the quantity that comes lasts a lot (I have the travel size version and have been using it for 3 months, using half of it). Apart from that my hair is left with dullness and straw like texture. You can clearly see my split ends way more than they usually do. Disappointed, maybe not for my hair type.

on 5/22/2016 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of the reformulated one in a straight tube (not rounded). They call it Nourishing Moisture Masque now. They also came out with a super thick one (called Ultra Rich) for super coiled hair which isn't really for me either and a weightless one that I didn't try. I have dry color treated hair. I was excited to try this and liked this one more, but I also feel a little let down. It seems to feel good the day after but then a few days later my hair feels a lot drier. A lot of masks and shampoos tend to do this. I think it might be the reformulation since a lot of people have complained about this too.

on 5/5/2016 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After hearing so many people rave about a product online, I was skeptical because so many Youtubers are sponsored and will say just about anything to get a free product. I decided to take a chance and try this hoping that it will live up to some of the claims. So glad that I did because my fine, thin, dry hair loves this mask!!! I notice increased volume, shine, and a decent amount of softness from this mask. In the past 2 weeks minimal hair breakage/fall. The overall appearance of my hair has improved. I like the smell, lightly fruity but not overpowering like some masks. I see this product at TJ Maxx sporadically and want to try the other products for my hair type. I purchased mine at a discounted price on beauty.com/drugstore.com. I bought another jar as a backup and will continue to repurchase this if my hair continues to respond as it has. Even though the price is higher than I like to pay, it's worth it!!! If a product improves the appearance and health of my hair, I am willing to pay the price!

on 5/4/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i do believe this mask is amazing for thick damaged hair..on the other hand i believe either the formula has changed or there's imitation macadamia mask out there..the more white one is the copy and the more.beige is the authentic one

on 4/19/2016 4:16:00 AM

Hello beauties!
So I've tried a lot from this brand, and i actually really enjoy this product. It makes your hair feel silky smooth and healthy. I've repurchased this product twice, and I got the salon sized one the second time (1000ml). The first time i purchased it, I got the 500ml one, and it lasted me for over 1,5 year (I have medium-long hair). I've got to say that it is quite expencive, but you only need a little bit, and you shouldn't use it every time you wash your hair, as it then won't work proparly. Use the product every 3 time you wash your hair, and you will see fewer split ends and shine. I recomend this to anyone who complains about their hair being frizzy or dry.

on 4/15/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mask is super hydrating and made my dry hair soft and supple. It's really thick and rich so you don't need much to do the job. It smells amazing as well. I use this after protein or Olaplex and when used with heat, it does a marvelous job of moisturizing my dry hair and keeping it looking and feeling healthy. I make sure I've saturated all my hair and that I haven't missed a spot. I then cover my hair with a shower cap and use a heated cap for about 45 minutes or so. This helps the mask penetrate the hair shaft when it's opened by the heat. This mask also works well when used overnight. I've also used it in lieu of regular conditioner and it works well that way too. Yes, it's expensive. However, it works well enough for me to justify the price. I also like the Macadamia serum, which keeps my hair frizz free even in hot and humid Florida. This mask is the ideal treatment to follow a protein treatment or Olaplex, both of which can leave hair dry. My hair is color treated as well as highlighted and I heat style regularly, consequently, dryness is always an issue. However, when I use this mask once a week or so, the dryness disappears and the effects last through several shampoos. So far, I haven't found anything better than this. I like it better than It's a 10's mask, which frankly didn't do much of anything for me and it's full of silicone so the effects are deceptive. The natural oils are far down the ingredient list and silicone is near the top. Yes, it made my hair smooth but the effects washed out with the next shampoo. This Macadamia mask is much better and by far my favorite new product. I like everything about it and it's a great remedy for dry hair. Just be sure you rinse for a full five minutes because if you don't , it might weigh your hair down. I've found this makes a huge difference in the amount of volume I get. I also use a micro fiber towel to get nearly all the water out of my hair before I apply this mask. Doing this means I need less product and that it's not diluted by the H2O. This trick is great to use in the shower as well. You'll find that your conditioner works much better and that you'll need less of it. These towels are available in the kitchen section and at any auto parts store. They cost about $1 each and the benefits are fantastic. This little trick has saved my hair and I'm sure it would work equally well for everyone. This mask is awesome and my hair looks and feels great whenever I use it. Sorry to digress but I figured these other products and tricks were worth mentioning. I definitely recommend this mask and will certainly repurchase. It works like a charm.

on 3/22/2016 11:11:00 AM

I used to adore this product. It was holy grail and 5 stars in every way. However they seem to have reformulated it and now it delivers none of what it used to. I've tried contacting them several times but no response. They've lost a customer and I'm gutted I've lost a great product.