Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask
Enter Title

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I need to review this mask since it is literally the only mask that works for me. It is THE most hydrating, quenching, softening mask I have come across, and I have used pretty much every product in the market. I buy and try everything out there, desperate for something to work on my very dry, very damaged, bleached, fine hair. For reference, I loved Moroccan Oil mask but it was turning my bleached hair brassy. This doesn't seem to be doing that as badly, if not at all. It is pricy, but I have found it at TJ Max for cheap (I believe they changed packaging, possibly formula?). So I havecstocked up several huge tubs of this from TJM. I can use this daily and it hydrates my hair without weight. The smell isn't so great but I don't care because it really is the most hydrating thing I've ever used in my hair and I am glad I have found it.

on 3/18/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very thick colored curly / wavy hair that frizzed at the drop of a hat and is often unmanageable . This magic stuff turns it into silk just be sure to use it sparingly . Oh and be careful it can make the shower floor slippery . The only drawback is the price but now you can get the big jar at Costco for $20 otherwise this is expensive at Ulta ... even then it would be worth it !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this hair product other me than it being so expensive. $36 this makes my hair so soft when it tends to get dry.

The first time I tried this product, I absolutely hated it. The scent seemed horrible and it had zero effect on my hair.

I had been growing out my hair (from a pixie cut) for a while then, but it wasn't longer than past my chin and it wasn't damaged yet.

Now, it's well past my shoulders and I've also been noticing some damage purely from careless brushing and blow-drying, and constantly being scrunched up in a bun. Mostly split ends and a slightly coarse texture (even after deep conditioning). I reached for this mask on a whim again last week, lathered it on generously prior to washing, left it on for about 7 minutes, shampooed it out - I could feel it was significantly smoother already as I was washing it -, put on a dime-sized amount of my usual mask like always and a bit of conditioner.

My hair was amazing.

Glossy, smoother, elastic, bouncy.

I repeated the process again this week and the results were just as amazing, if not better.

I find I somehow don't mind the smell anymore.

My conclusion: Your hair needs to be quite damaged and dry for you to see a positive effect. This is not for hair that is slightly dry, but otherwise healthy.

Will definitely repurchase once I run out.

on 3/9/2017 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't changed anything in my hair care routine except add in this hair mask about twice a week and I see the difference. Not just right after washing my hair but overtime ( I've been using the last 4-5 months), my chemically fried hair has gotten back elasticity and its natural wave. my hair just looks more hydrated. It goes on like butter in the shower and a little goes a looong way. I like to get every hair from root to tip and leave it on for as long as I shower ( steaming I heard could work better?). It smells great too!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I have dry, over-processed and breaking blonde hair. I use this product almost religiously.

I saw the most amount of WOW factor in this product last few years at the salon. Maybe my hair is really fried now, but it soaks in A LOT of this product which means this product does not last long with my hair, I leave it on longer. Turn the shower off, get out, wrap my shampooed hair in a plastic bag and watch an episode of a TV show then I get back in the shower and rinse it out with cool-warm water. Lately as I mentioned my hair is needing more nourishment and is eating up a ton of this product. I am not cool with how expensive this product is for how little of product is in it. To put in to perspective how much of this I must use to get a noticeable difference is 2x per week, half a bottle of it each time at just over $35 I was spending over a $100 a month to use this product.
It is a mask after all and I realize it isn't suppose to spread very easy, it is definitely thick and I think that is part of the reason it works so well.
My feelings are mixed on this product. I really do love it, and I wish I could keep it in my hair routine, but it is not working as well as it used to and I am not sure if they are using less of the good ingredients as a few years ago or not. It is just too expensive to keep up with very damaged hair.
I would recommend this to someone who is using other products in conjunction with this. This is a great mask to leave on one night once or twice a month to add just a little bit more power back to your damaged hair!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Smells very bad, like an old hair salon where they do perms. This strange perfume also sticks to the hair for long. The mask worked pretty well though, but I wouldn't repurchase because of the smell.

on 10/7/2016 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was given a free sample of this maybe 2 years ago and finally got around to using it this past year. It was amazing and I loved it. Went to repurchase this and I noticed the packaging was redesigned. I didn't think anything of it until I realized they must have changed the formula. Every time I use this conditioner, I feel a heavy film on my hair after I am blow drying it. It took a few uses to realize that this conditioner was the cause. Not only that, but the product feels and smells different than the original one I had. Some investigating lead me to similar reviews - same issue. They changed this product and it's horrible. It used to feel creamy and slippery to the touch out of the jar and now there's just nothing to it. Something is missing. It's a shame because I loved this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many masks and nothing compares to this. It is such a luxurious product and it really does what says on the tin! It is very thick and it smells amazing! I use this once a week and a little goes a very long way, the larger sized pot usually lasts me about a year. I put it all over my hair and then comb it through leaving it on for 5 minutes. As soon as you rinse it off your hair feels instantly repaired, replenished and nourished - I have never noticed this from any other mask straight after rinsing! Just make sure you take time to rinse it out properly as its very intensive.

After using this mask my hair looks and feels super soft, smooth, shiny and manageable. It also looks and feels really healthy, bouncy and frizz free. I'm pretty sure it protects the hair from damage as well, I even took it on holiday to Spain to help look after my hair in the heat and it did a pretty good job. I'm addicted to the smell of this product, its like a salon type smell and its quite addictive!

The only downside to this mask is how intensive it is, I've heard its amazing for thick, curly, frizzy hair but if you have fine hair and you put too much on it will weigh your hair down. If this is the case the mask works just as well on the lengths and ends of the hair and will make you hair very easy to style and manage. I also like the container because you can get every last bit of it without wasting product. Another negative is the price, it is very expensive (I pay about £25.00-£30.00 for the large size container) but I am yet to find anything that matches up to it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-It smells uncredibly nice!
-My hair looks amazing, smooth, shiny, I just love using it

CONS:
-Expensive!!!

Popular Hair Products