Macadamia Professional Deep Repair Masque

Macadamia Professional Deep Repair Masque
Deep Repair MasqueEnter Title

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

on 9/1/2018 2:51:00 AM

Honestly it's an okay product, nothing mind blowing. It makes you hair smooth and it smells nice. However, it builds up after a while. I just can't justify the price since I've found something cheaper and better. (It's from Garnier Fructis Macadamia Hair Food)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Recommended to me by my mum - it seems to work excellently on her hair (dry, thick and wavy) but not so great on mine (medium-coarse). I like the ingredients, especially the addition of Castor oil in there, the thick and creamy texture which feels amazing going on and the fragrance which is pleasant but not overwhelming, and it did help reduce tangles, reduces frizz and left my hair softer and in slightly better condition. I used about 5 or 6 times in total and each time the effect would last a few days at the most before wearing off. It worked for my hair no doubt, but not quite at the level I was expecting it to. I feel there are better hair masque's out there at lower prices.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/17/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have not bought the full-size container of the mask, but rather used a few 'packs' of the mask they have for $3 at Sally's. Overall, I find it a very thick, rich leave-in conditioner that gives my hair excellent slip after washing out. It also smells nice, but not too strong, and doesn't linger on the hair for too long. I typically use this mask 1-2x a week and leave it on the bottom half of my hair for about 5-7 minutes before rinsing. However, after rinsing it off and drying my hair, I haven't found a HUGE difference in the quality and hydration of my hair. Yes, it appears to be a little less dry, but it doesn't feel much softer than it would after using my normal condition (which is awesome, btw).
Of course, this could be from a variety of factors (sleeping on damp hair, using a coarse towel, drying methods), but overall, this masque is great to give your hair a little pick-me-up after a long week.

on 5/5/2018 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is an okay product, but not amazing, It's quite greasy.

on 4/15/2018 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nice product, but not for the thin, fine hair with oily scalp. This made my hair hydrated and soft but I needed to wash my hair day after using this beacause it was so oily from this product!

on 3/17/2018 12:17:00 AM

I was skeptical of this product before purchasing and using it for the first time, however I have come to love it! Depending on where you purchase it, it can be pricey so you just have to seek out the best deals. It smells amazing, leaves hair feeling super soft and silky and eliminates frizz. It’s an effective masque and therefore, worth the money. I would def recommend this product!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great deep conditioner. Thick, almost balmy and very creamy texture that feels soothing to put on the hair because you know it’s working right away. Hair instantly transforms. It immediately gets rid of my tangles. When I wash it out my hair is glossy and smooth. It doesn’t weigh my hair down either.

(I have found lots of these on sale at TJMaxx and Marshall’s - FYI)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I only buy this when on sale but I think I might have found a dupe for it!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because I needed a new hair mask. The store that I went to sold a travel sized container of it. I bought it because I heard about how great it is but have been hesitant to try it because it's pretty pricey. My hair is pretty damaged from bleaching and dying it. This made it soft as soon as I put it on and it doesn't hsve a strong smell. It also decreases the amount of hair fall I have as well. I will be purchasing the full sized container of this after i run out of the smaller size.

on 10/27/2017 1:35:00 PM

I actually use this as my regular conditioner; it's amazing. I'm on my third jar (using other conditioners in between). Nothing compares to this. After I shampoo, I squeeze out as much water as I can, apply a small amount from my ears to ends, then anything left on my hands, up to the top. Leave it on for a few minutes only. Rinse. After my hair dries naturally, it smells so good, and I don't even find I need to really straighten it. It comes out so silky smooth, frizz is totally minimal; more so than any other conditioner I've ever used. It is WORTH the price - it's not that much more expensive than a regular condition considering how long it lasts and how little you really need to use. The only comparable feeling to my hair after using this is when I soak my hair in coconut oil, but doing that leaves my hair greasy and I find I need to do a stripping shampoo after to get rid of the residue, coconut oil can break me out, and so this is so much easier and more effective. I don't understand why I anyone would buy a regular conditioner if they can buy this.... the first time I bought, it was from the youtube hype, but it's stuck with me since.

For those people that say it makes their hair too greasy, it might be because they either a)don't need something so heavy duty or b) they're using it too often than needed. I'm good to use it every time I wash my hair (every other day), but for other hair types, I imagine using this even once a week would be good with a lighter conditioner in between. Take the plunge and buy it, chances are it'll work for you and your life will be changed...