Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask
Enter Title

3.9

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Smells very bad, like an old hair salon where they do perms. This strange perfume also sticks to the hair for long. The mask worked pretty well though, but I wouldn't repurchase because of the smell.

on 10/7/2016 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was given a free sample of this maybe 2 years ago and finally got around to using it this past year. It was amazing and I loved it. Went to repurchase this and I noticed the packaging was redesigned. I didn't think anything of it until I realized they must have changed the formula. Every time I use this conditioner, I feel a heavy film on my hair after I am blow drying it. It took a few uses to realize that this conditioner was the cause. Not only that, but the product feels and smells different than the original one I had. Some investigating lead me to similar reviews - same issue. They changed this product and it's horrible. It used to feel creamy and slippery to the touch out of the jar and now there's just nothing to it. Something is missing. It's a shame because I loved this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many masks and nothing compares to this. It is such a luxurious product and it really does what says on the tin! It is very thick and it smells amazing! I use this once a week and a little goes a very long way, the larger sized pot usually lasts me about a year. I put it all over my hair and then comb it through leaving it on for 5 minutes. As soon as you rinse it off your hair feels instantly repaired, replenished and nourished - I have never noticed this from any other mask straight after rinsing! Just make sure you take time to rinse it out properly as its very intensive.

After using this mask my hair looks and feels super soft, smooth, shiny and manageable. It also looks and feels really healthy, bouncy and frizz free. I'm pretty sure it protects the hair from damage as well, I even took it on holiday to Spain to help look after my hair in the heat and it did a pretty good job. I'm addicted to the smell of this product, its like a salon type smell and its quite addictive!

The only downside to this mask is how intensive it is, I've heard its amazing for thick, curly, frizzy hair but if you have fine hair and you put too much on it will weigh your hair down. If this is the case the mask works just as well on the lengths and ends of the hair and will make you hair very easy to style and manage. I also like the container because you can get every last bit of it without wasting product. Another negative is the price, it is very expensive (I pay about £25.00-£30.00 for the large size container) but I am yet to find anything that matches up to it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-It smells uncredibly nice!
-My hair looks amazing, smooth, shiny, I just love using it

CONS:
-Expensive!!!

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 PM

I used this masque years ago and remember liking it for a nice hydrating protein free treatment. After getting what I think was a bad batch or possibly an imitation I stopped using it, but then recently bought from a beauty supply and remembered why I originally loved it. Makes my hair nice a soft and frizz free and feel overall more healthier. I have fine damage prone hair and as long as I don't overdue it I find it to be perfect for weekly use.

In my opinion this mask is so overrated. It leaves my fine, platinum bleached hair too heavy and on my daughters crazy thick and full hair that tangles easy it's just average, nothing special.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I never understood the hype on this product. The only good thing is it does smell good. It's thick but did not do much to hydrate or repair my hair and it has 0 slip, which was surprising considering the silicones. I tried this product the way it says to on the jar, leave in for seven minutes then rinse. I also heard that this mask works better over night, which didn't make sense to me, but I tried it anyway and didn't get any better results. I also tired it under a heating cap which is what I usually use to help my deep conditioners penetrate deeper, and that still didn't help. My ends were dry and the rest of my hair was dull and felt like straw. I think the price is rediculious, especially considering the mediocre results and the not-so-great ingredients. All in all it's over hyped and if you just absolutely have to try it, I would recommend getting a trial packet or a mini travel jar first. There are many other hair masks that make my hair softer AND keep my curls hydrated and ends looking good for a fraction of the price. I guess it's just not made for curly hair.

Felt thick and moisturizing but did nothing for my dry ends :(

I have fine hair damaged by highlights and I used this cause it supposedly worked miracles. This mask is really hard to take off and the only good thing it does it leaves your hair soft, and the quantity that comes lasts a lot (I have the travel size version and have been using it for 3 months, using half of it). Apart from that my hair is left with dullness and straw like texture. You can clearly see my split ends way more than they usually do. Disappointed, maybe not for my hair type.

on 5/22/2016 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of the reformulated one in a straight cylinder (not rounded on bottom). They call it Nourishing Moisture Masque now. They also came out with a super thick one (called Ultra Rich) for super coiled hair which isn't really for me either and a weightless one that I didn't try. I have dry color treated hair. I was excited to try this and liked this one more, but I also feel a little let down. It seems to feel good when you apply it and the day after but then a few days later my hair feels a lot drier. A lot of masks and shampoos tend to do this. I think it might be the reformulation since a lot of people have complained about this too.

Popular Hair Products