MISSHA Super Aqua Detoxifying Peeling Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Black
No Image

Water, Glycerin, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Betaine, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk, Caffeine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Sodium Lactate, Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Sodium PCA, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Sucrose, Urea, Sodium Citrate, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/27/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, the time has finally come. It's been 5 years since I've purchased this product on a whim on my high school graduation trip. College has come and gone, and now I've been a working girl for almost 1.5 years. And tonight's the night when I've finally finished every last drop of this product. This all may sound a little melodramatic but this trusty peeling gel has been with me through thick and thin. I use it after my shower, and after I've blotted my face dry. I find that the hot water from my shower loosens up my dead skin cells, and so when I massage this on to my skin, EVERYTHING comes off. Remember, you must use this on a dry face! And you know it works when you try to give it another go immediately, and nothing sloughs off because your face is already squeaky clean. I don't know how it does it! My skin is left smooth, with a subtle glow.

I've recently began using Skinceuticals Retional 0.5 and needless to say, my skin has been flaking like crazy. This little gem is such a savior, it's non-irritating and does the best job in removing these pesky little flakes, further helping my "new" skin to resurface.

I think I will repurchase this sometime down the road. Since I've been with this for 5 years I'd like to stray a little bit and perhaps try Laneige's Multiberry Peeling Gel. I'll keep you guys posted on how these two compare ;) I have a feeling that all peeling gels end up producing the same effect, and since this is extremely affordable and a bang for your buck, I'm sure I'll eventually come back to Missha!

on 1/16/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh... Not that impressed. It's not a BAD product, but it's not a great one compared to the other peeling gels out there.

First, the good things. The packaging is LOVELY. It's made of strong, durable plastic and is a squeeze-y tube with a flat, screw-on top, so it sits nicely by the sink or in the shower and is also travel-friendly! The product looks a bit like a generic white shampoo when squeezed out, which was unexpected but not a bad thing. It had a nice but noticeable scent that remidns me of aloe or a cut leaf, so keep that in mind if you're sensitive to fragrances. Also, this gel was surprisingly cheap on Amazon, something like $12 if you're in the US.

One important thing that the marketing for this product doesn't tell you is that it actually contains very fine microbeads to give you some physical exfoliation while you're lathering it up on your face. This is a good/bad thing, since beads can cause irritation and/or leave very small scratches in your skin. (Some people like the sensation and the extra exfoliation boost though, so up to you.)

Also, I'm used to Asian peeling gels working instantly. My old SANA de Porejo peeling gel would only need a few seconds to loose dead skin before I could gently rub it away. However, this one had to sit on my skin for a good 30-60 secs before I noticed the same effect. This is why I took off two lippies, because I'm just not patient enough for that. I want to just use this product, lather off the dead skin and be done with it. I didn't want to WAIT. I'd really like this product to be more about chemical exfoliants rather than relying so heavily on the beads to do the heavy work.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SKIN-DATA: Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone (especially to silicone), and scar-prone. Asian living on the West coast of Canada, so fairly dry climate and major wind chap all the time. 20-25 years old.

It's an effective peeling gel even if the peeling action if fairly mild. You need to massage the gel around after waiting a lil bit for it to really work. It's great to use after two nights of retin-a as it helps gets rid of the flakes but if you were thinking it'll help with clogged pores or blackheads, try something stronger.

CONCLUSION: Will I buy again? Probably not even though it's only approx $15 usd for the bottle. There is probably a better one out there (though this one isn't necessarily bad).