MISSHA Super Aqua Detoxifying Peeling Gel

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Betaine, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk, Caffeine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Sodium Lactate, Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Sodium PCA, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Sucrose, Urea, Sodium Citrate, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/27/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, the time has finally come. It's been 5 years since I've purchased this product on a whim on my high school graduation trip. College has come and gone, and now I've been a working girl for almost 1.5 years. And tonight's the night when I've finally finished every last drop of this product. This all may sound a little melodramatic but this trusty peeling gel has been with me through thick and thin. I use it after my shower, and after I've blotted my face dry. I find that the hot water from my shower loosens up my dead skin cells, and so when I massage this on to my skin, EVERYTHING comes off. Remember, you must use this on a dry face! And you know it works when you try to give it another go immediately, and nothing sloughs off because your face is already squeaky clean. I don't know how it does it! My skin is left smooth, with a subtle glow.

I've recently began using Skinceuticals Retional 0.5 and needless to say, my skin has been flaking like crazy. This little gem is such a savior, it's non-irritating and does the best job in removing these pesky little flakes, further helping my "new" skin to resurface.

I think I will repurchase this sometime down the road. Since I've been with this for 5 years I'd like to stray a little bit and perhaps try Laneige's Multiberry Peeling Gel. I'll keep you guys posted on how these two compare ;) I have a feeling that all peeling gels end up producing the same effect, and since this is extremely affordable and a bang for your buck, I'm sure I'll eventually come back to Missha!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SKIN-DATA: Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone (especially to silicone), and scar-prone. Asian living on the West coast of Canada, so fairly dry climate and major wind chap all the time. 20-25 years old.

It's an effective peeling gel even if the peeling action if fairly mild. You need to massage the gel around after waiting a lil bit for it to really work. It's great to use after two nights of retin-a as it helps gets rid of the flakes but if you were thinking it'll help with clogged pores or blackheads, try something stronger.

CONCLUSION: Will I buy again? Probably not even though it's only approx $15 usd for the bottle. There is probably a better one out there (though this one isn't necessarily bad).

on 4/6/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first gel peel, so I can't compare it to others, but I was shocked by how well it worked. After rubbing it into my skin, dead skin actually peeled right off. The scent is neutral, and the texture is smooth even as it's being rubbed on. I would caution others with sensitive skin to be careful, as I was so excited it was working that I ended up with a slightly raw left cheekbone. Yes, it turned red and bumpy, and stayed that way for over 4 days.
Now if only they made something like this for feet!!
I have the trial size that came with the Missha sampler.