MISSHA Super Aqua Detoxifying Peeling Gel

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

3.0

1 review

Water, Glycerin, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Betaine, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk, Caffeine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Sodium Lactate, Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Sodium PCA, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Sucrose, Urea, Sodium Citrate, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/16/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh... Not that impressed. It's not a BAD product, but it's not a great one compared to the other peeling gels out there.

First, the good things. The packaging is LOVELY. It's made of strong, durable plastic and is a squeeze-y tube with a flat, screw-on top, so it sits nicely by the sink or in the shower and is also travel-friendly! The product looks a bit like a generic white shampoo when squeezed out, which was unexpected but not a bad thing. It had a nice but noticeable scent that remidns me of aloe or a cut leaf, so keep that in mind if you're sensitive to fragrances. Also, this gel was surprisingly cheap on Amazon, something like $12 if you're in the US.

One important thing that the marketing for this product doesn't tell you is that it actually contains very fine microbeads to give you some physical exfoliation while you're lathering it up on your face. This is a good/bad thing, since beads can cause irritation and/or leave very small scratches in your skin. (Some people like the sensation and the extra exfoliation boost though, so up to you.)

Also, I'm used to Asian peeling gels working instantly. My old SANA de Porejo peeling gel would only need a few seconds to loose dead skin before I could gently rub it away. However, this one had to sit on my skin for a good 30-60 secs before I noticed the same effect. This is why I took off two lippies, because I'm just not patient enough for that. I want to just use this product, lather off the dead skin and be done with it. I didn't want to WAIT. I'd really like this product to be more about chemical exfoliants rather than relying so heavily on the beads to do the heavy work.