L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The coverage of this foundation is okay, and it really does cancel out the redness and mattifies your skin. My problem was that is gives a VERY cakey finish, so much, in fact, that i started to not like this product. It settles into your fine lines and just overall makes you look like a cake-face.
That being said, i just LOVE the brush that comes with it: its very dense and helps buff in other powder and liquid products.
Don't waste your money on this powder.

on 7/6/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have only used this powder twice, but so far it seems to be working quite well for me. I initially wanted to buy another mineral powder as a cheap alternative to my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I use for very light coverage, and mainly use for oil absorption. The mineral powders, I find, work extremely well for the latter, and therefore have pretty much worked themselves into my skincare regime. This Bare Naturale powder also has quite decent coverage for a powder! It reduces, really, a lot of redness on my face and evens and tones down all of the various shades. It doesn't cover darkness like under-eye circles or anywhere else on your face that may be particularly dark, but it really does help with the redness.

I have the powder in 420 Sun Beige. It matches my skin tone very well, and does look natural.

Of course the brush with it wasn't made to be a functional tool, I mean, it's like a really tiny sweep broom: very coarse, hard on skin, leaves little gouges in the product from how rough the bristles are, but it looks cute in the compact, so I just leave it there and use my e.l.f studio powder brush, which works magnificently. It actually picks up a little too much of this kind of powder, but I just dip the brush into the product with varied pressure for however much I want.

I'm not a fan of this packaging, though. I'd want to put a piece of tape around the lid and container, because it has a twist-based closure that is not at all secure on my product. I would definitely be cautious of tossing this into a bag, and that means I wouldn't. But the brush and packaging aside, this is actually a surprisingly good mineral powder! I'd even call it a light-coverage foundation.

*update - 7-7-10
I love this powder. I've been using it for the past week or so and it leaves such a smooth, flawless finish on my skin! It's even better than the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural! I don't know if it's because this L'Oreal powder is finer than the MAC mineral powder, but it works amazingly well- really, really well. It doesn't look flakey, chalky, dry, fake, it's just perfect. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 2/22/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in #418 Buff Beige. I was looking for a powder to replace my HG Prescriptives in Y/O Gold 7 and I ran across this at my local drugstore. I thought the price was high for a drugstore brand, but I decided to give a whirl just in case. I DON'T like the flat paintbrush it comes with- it's coarse and doesn't blend in at all. I use my MAC brush in #188 instead and it's muuuch better. It's a bit lighter than I had expected but when i use this as a setting powder on top of the L'Oreal super blendable creamy makeup in N4 it sets it quite nicely.

So far it's a good pick so I can see myself repurchasing when I run out.