L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.5

on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 AM

This product gets a 5/5 for me.
I bought the pressed powder version online for about AUS $7.
I much prefer powder foundation over anything else. I'm quite pale, and liquids and creams go very orange on my skin, even in their lightest shades.
This product has more coverage than a setting powder, and less cons than using a liquid or cream. The coverage is closer to medium, but is very buildable. The shade 408 Soft Ivory matches me perfectly.
Buyers can expect this product to help even out skin tone, cover minor imperfections, last all day, provide coverage and blend easily.
I even use this as a nude eyeshadow on occasion.
Only downside is i'm not a fan of the brush that comes with it, but the powder works great with a kabuki.

I've uploaded a second picture because the first one was actually of a different product (Bare Naturale Foundation).

I bought this from Chemist Warehouse (Aus) in July 2011 for about $10 which is very cheap for L'Oreal here. It was a perfect pale colour and just seemed like a good, basic pressed powder so I grabbed it.

It comes with a silly brush that I threw away almost immediately. I used this powder on and off for a couple of months. I never really developed a strong preference for it and only seemed to use it on random occasions.

As a setting powder, I found it to be too heavy. I felt like the powder wasn't finely milled enough. No matter how lightly I applied it, I was left with an obvious powdered look.

Something else of note: I recently looked this product up on checkcosmetic.net using the batch code and it said it was manufactured in August 2008. It was almost 3 years old when I purchased it. That's not great and explains the massive discount.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really still on the fence with this product. I'm no newbie to mineral foundations and my biggest problem is finding an affordable product in a color light enough to match my NW15 skin that doesn't yellow when applied over my moisturizer. I purchased this product (the loose and pressed version) in Soft Ivory which is very pale. It's a great color match and I haven't noticed any yellowing which is a major plus. Coverage wise it offers the best coverage I've found in a mineral foundation yet. It's very similar to BE Bisque concealer actually. My only real concern is dryness. Most mineral foundations have made my skin oily whereas this one seems to have a drying effect on my skin so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry, flakey skin or to anyone with acne as it tends to make my occassional pimple more oxvious.

The packaging for the loose powder needs some definite improvements. I'd prefer a more shallow cap so I can tap the powder into it. The brush could be done away with completely IMO since it's not up to my standards (although still much softer than brushes I've received with similar DS products and could be used with minimal irritation if I had to) or at the very least detachable. The brush as it is is too short to reach into the cap and swirl the product around so it definitely needs to be longer. Luckily I have my own brushes which can reach the inside of the lid but this might pose a problem for women who don't. I'd probably switch the product to a more convenient container as soon as I have an empty available.

on 5/5/2010 7:06:00 AM

I LOVE this product. The original was recommended to me by a youtube guru but here in Ireland you can only get the compact one. I bought this in Sun Beige for dirt cheap on Ebay.

I didnt think it would be great to be honest, as i have far from perfect skin. But i found it to be my HG now. I have small acne scars and this covers them really well, the coverage is brilliant. It even hides most small blemishes pretty well. It looks so natural, and my skin looks lovely and dewy. It can look a bit dry at first, but let it sink into your skin.

Lasting power is brilliant, i dont get oily with this, i only need to blot once during the work day, after about 5 or 6 hours. Then im good to go.

I love that its a compact, and has a mirror! Absolutely brilliant for on the go touch ups to!

Totally recommend it to everyone! great product :)

I LOVE Bare Naturale. The first time I used it, I didn't do any research because at that time, I wasn't fiercely into makeup as I am now, so I just grabbed what looked good. Now, I'm going to be repurchsing it for the third time! It seriously DOES give you a natural look. If you don't believe so, you are using it incorrectly. It works great alone and over liquid. At first, I just used it by itself. No, it didn't stay too well, but primer would have easy fixed that. Over liquid foundation, it gives you the most flawless face EVER! A plus: it takes out redness pretty darn well! And, I found a drink for blemishes: stick your finger into the power and press it onto the blemish. It instantley covers it, making it seem almost invisable. If you don't buy it for yourself to try it out, I will!

For reference: I got it in Nude Beige. Unknown MAC color. Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation in Golden Beige (I think that's the name).

on 3/7/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought i'd try this since I love the Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, but I have always preferred pressed as opposed to loose. I bought it at 75% off (another reason I picked it up) which is good, since for drugstore, I find this quite high in price.
I first tried this as a powder foundation, and I did not like it. The first thing I noticed was that I had to swirl the brush for quite a while to get a normal amount of product. When I started to apply it, it seemed to "grab" wherever the brush first touched and not want to blend out. I had to use quite a bit, and when I finished, it looked pretty unnatural and emphasized pores.
Since I use powder foundation in place of pressed powder anyway, I attempted to use it to set my liquid foundation the next day which wasn't much better. I experienced the same "grabbing" effect, and it didn't seem to mattify or provide any coverage at all. It didn't work out and I had to finish with something else.
Overall, for the price and quality...i'd pass this up. The loose version is MUCH better, and for pressed, there are better values out there. The compact is cute, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.