L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

4.5

on 7/19/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder foundation because it gives a matte finish without feeling heavy. It CAN look cakes though. You have to barely put any on your brush when applying and blend blend blend.

Let me start off by saying I love this product for tons of reasons and only have a few tiny dislikes about it. First off, the coverage is great for the price. I've seen other reviews that said it was cakey,but I disagree. With a good powder makeup brush and primer before, its beautiful! The only beef I have with it is the packaging (just like having a brush) you'll probably need a better surface to pour the powder on to apply. And I say that a primer is good to use before because it can exaggerate pores a little bit, but most makeup does. Overall: great product, price and quality!

on 12/31/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After Revlon discontinued the original ColorStay mineral foundation I used (and I can't stand the Aqua version, absolutely horrid), I found this, and I love it.

I'm quite pale, so finding a good color match in a foundation has always been a problem. This foundation in Soft Ivory is perfect for me.

I love the coverage, and how flawless it makes me look. (Concealer is sometimes necessary if I have blemishes). It evens out my skin tone without being heavy or obvious.

I despise the packaging, but I just pry the sifter out and transfer the makeup into a regular sifter jar. And I use my own brush, not the one in the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product at an excellent value. It provides great, even coverage and has a great range of colors to choose from. I personally use Buff Beige and it's just the right neutral tone without being too "pinky" or "yellowy." I'd say the coverage is light to moderate... Definitely DO NOT use the brush that comes with this product - I throw it in the trash as soon as I open the packaging because it is awkward, coarse, cheap, and ultimately bad for your face - especially if you have sensitive skin. I like to use a soft kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals or Ulta's professional line to apply this mineral powder. That way it's pretty easy to build and control the amount of coverage. This product is great for sensitive skin... I tried BE's new Matte powder foundation line and it made my normally clear skin break out into random dry, red patches. I switched back to Bare Naturale and my skin cleared right up - it's very gentle. It's also pretty convenient because it's designed as a pressed powder as opposed to loose which makes it easier to control the amount used and to apply on the go.