L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i read lots of positive reviews on this product and i thought that i might as well give it a try. i am a big fan of mineral foundations because i have acne prone skin. However when i applied the product onto my face at the shop, there was this very unpleasant, iron smell. Bad experience!!

on 9/8/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was on sale for $10 and for L'Oreal thats extremly cheap! So I thought because of the good brand why not. I usually just buy cheap Australis Powder, and its perfect on my skin. I had never tried mineral foundation before and I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this product. I got the colour Soft Ivory which is very light, even for my Skin its a bit too light (Thank god for bronzer). It go's on very nicely and looked great when first applied. But throughout the day this started to look very heavy and kinda clumpy looking. I have oily skin and this powder has not stopped that at all and the oil seems to have made this make up look pretty heavy. I think also the fact I use a heavy foundation (Revlon Colour Stay Oily/Com) doesnt help to even out this powder. I dont mind the packaging, but I would rather a all in one compact. The brush that it comes with is pointless, and becasue its so small and thin I think it contributes to an uneven application. So I just use my usuall brush which is a mineral brush anyway. It does have great coverage and even though Its gone a bit funny looking with my oily skin it does have staying power.

It's an okay product if your looking for a heavy powder, but I think heavy foundation + heavy mineral powder + oily skin = Bad!!! :(

on 2/13/2011 7:53:00 PM

Honestly, I found this in the sale bin at a CVS, and for less than 2 dollars, that was a steal! The biggest problem with this is the brush that came with it. It's a horrible brush, too scratchy and coarse, it gouges the makeup when you try to use it. The screw top's security is another thing that bothers me-I feel as though I can't take it anywhere unless it's been secured in some way otherwise it'll open and mess up my bag! I love the little mirror on the back though, it's awesome!

The actual makeup I thought was amazing, but not my HG yet. It really covers up redness and little imperfections without caking! Definitely recommending it.

on 7/6/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have only used this powder twice, but so far it seems to be working quite well for me. I initially wanted to buy another mineral powder as a cheap alternative to my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I use for very light coverage, and mainly use for oil absorption. The mineral powders, I find, work extremely well for the latter, and therefore have pretty much worked themselves into my skincare regime. This Bare Naturale powder also has quite decent coverage for a powder! It reduces, really, a lot of redness on my face and evens and tones down all of the various shades. It doesn't cover darkness like under-eye circles or anywhere else on your face that may be particularly dark, but it really does help with the redness.

I have the powder in 420 Sun Beige. It matches my skin tone very well, and does look natural.

Of course the brush with it wasn't made to be a functional tool, I mean, it's like a really tiny sweep broom: very coarse, hard on skin, leaves little gouges in the product from how rough the bristles are, but it looks cute in the compact, so I just leave it there and use my e.l.f studio powder brush, which works magnificently. It actually picks up a little too much of this kind of powder, but I just dip the brush into the product with varied pressure for however much I want.

I'm not a fan of this packaging, though. I'd want to put a piece of tape around the lid and container, because it has a twist-based closure that is not at all secure on my product. I would definitely be cautious of tossing this into a bag, and that means I wouldn't. But the brush and packaging aside, this is actually a surprisingly good mineral powder! I'd even call it a light-coverage foundation.

*update - 7-7-10
I love this powder. I've been using it for the past week or so and it leaves such a smooth, flawless finish on my skin! It's even better than the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural! I don't know if it's because this L'Oreal powder is finer than the MAC mineral powder, but it works amazingly well- really, really well. It doesn't look flakey, chalky, dry, fake, it's just perfect. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 3/24/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely loved the finish this product had on my face. It made my skin look absolutely flawless and beautiful. I used my kabuki brush, swirl it in the powder then buff it into my face. Unfortunately, after a few days of using this, I started breaking out in LOTS of little bumps, which was very unusual as I hardly ever get spots. I have since then stopped using this, and the spots have gone away. I wish this didn't make me break out, because it did make my skin look beautiful :(

I LOVE Bare Naturale. The first time I used it, I didn't do any research because at that time, I wasn't fiercely into makeup as I am now, so I just grabbed what looked good. Now, I'm going to be repurchsing it for the third time! It seriously DOES give you a natural look. If you don't believe so, you are using it incorrectly. It works great alone and over liquid. At first, I just used it by itself. No, it didn't stay too well, but primer would have easy fixed that. Over liquid foundation, it gives you the most flawless face EVER! A plus: it takes out redness pretty darn well! And, I found a drink for blemishes: stick your finger into the power and press it onto the blemish. It instantley covers it, making it seem almost invisable. If you don't buy it for yourself to try it out, I will!

For reference: I got it in Nude Beige. Unknown MAC color. Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation in Golden Beige (I think that's the name).

on 3/7/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought i'd try this since I love the Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, but I have always preferred pressed as opposed to loose. I bought it at 75% off (another reason I picked it up) which is good, since for drugstore, I find this quite high in price.
I first tried this as a powder foundation, and I did not like it. The first thing I noticed was that I had to swirl the brush for quite a while to get a normal amount of product. When I started to apply it, it seemed to "grab" wherever the brush first touched and not want to blend out. I had to use quite a bit, and when I finished, it looked pretty unnatural and emphasized pores.
Since I use powder foundation in place of pressed powder anyway, I attempted to use it to set my liquid foundation the next day which wasn't much better. I experienced the same "grabbing" effect, and it didn't seem to mattify or provide any coverage at all. It didn't work out and I had to finish with something else.
Overall, for the price and quality...i'd pass this up. The loose version is MUCH better, and for pressed, there are better values out there. The compact is cute, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.