L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i read lots of positive reviews on this product and i thought that i might as well give it a try. i am a big fan of mineral foundations because i have acne prone skin. However when i applied the product onto my face at the shop, there was this very unpleasant, iron smell. Bad experience!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good coverage if used only on red spots/dark spots (all over is just too much for me and I don't need it)--I usually stick to the sides of my face near my cheeks where remnants of old blemishes make their marks, and around my eyes where I get sun spots sometimes. Sometimes I tap it right on those spots and blend out and it covers amazingly.

It can be heavy if you cover all of your face, but I can see where it can be hard to stop once you start buffing. I haven't worn foundation in 2 years, and put this on the other night for going out with friends and I was shocked at how pretty I looked with foundation! But I am finally comfortable with my skin so I will probably continue to use this only for special occasions.

I use the tiny pot of concealer powder every day under my eyes--EXCELLENT coverage.

on 8/10/2013 11:07:00 AM

This product is totally UNDERATED. i picked this looking for a new mineral powder..i am so pleased with the look and feel of this product! i used to use maybeliene mineral powder , i noticed that with all the ingredients it said it didnt have (talc, oil free, etc..) overall a good sign for a good facial foundation. here i did some research to find that the ingredients were very harsh to sensative skin (zinc oxide) it caused me to have red splotches on my fade. dont get me wrong its a great product, just not great for me. i would reccomend the LOREAL NAUTRALE GENTLE MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION to anyone with SENSATIVE skin. another plus is this product on does not look CAKEY, if blended in correctly..also the kebuki brush it came with is softer than the maybeliene brush. i will follow this review up with an update in about a week (: good luck ladies !!

on 7/19/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder foundation because it gives a matte finish without feeling heavy. It CAN look cakes though. You have to barely put any on your brush when applying and blend blend blend.

Let me start off by saying I love this product for tons of reasons and only have a few tiny dislikes about it. First off, the coverage is great for the price. I've seen other reviews that said it was cakey,but I disagree. With a good powder makeup brush and primer before, its beautiful! The only beef I have with it is the packaging (just like having a brush) you'll probably need a better surface to pour the powder on to apply. And I say that a primer is good to use before because it can exaggerate pores a little bit, but most makeup does. Overall: great product, price and quality!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try this product because I was so tired of spending a lot of money on Department store make up. The first day I applied it it looked flawless. I thought I found my new HG! 3 days later I started getting pimples. By the time I was done with my work week, I had several pimples. I was so disappointed.

on 11/17/2010 12:10:00 AM

This is for the pressed powder. Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. Even with a really good quality kabuki brush I found it difficult to apply evenly. Instead it just sat in patches where the brush first touched my skin and I ended up having to try and buff it in with my hands. Secondly it broke me out. I am assuming that both these problems are caused by the waxes used to make it pressed rather than loose powder. Thirdly, even after buffing it in, it appeared rather chalky and definitely emphasised my pores.

on 9/7/2010 10:22:00 AM

After months and months of trying to find the perfect foundation (liquid, powder or mineral, I tried them all) I found this! The perfect shade 418. I bought a few of them when they were on sale, I hit pan and went to buy more only find they are discontinued!!!! Very sad now I have to start the search to find another perfect make up. Any suggestions on a similiar product?

on 3/24/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely loved the finish this product had on my face. It made my skin look absolutely flawless and beautiful. I used my kabuki brush, swirl it in the powder then buff it into my face. Unfortunately, after a few days of using this, I started breaking out in LOTS of little bumps, which was very unusual as I hardly ever get spots. I have since then stopped using this, and the spots have gone away. I wish this didn't make me break out, because it did make my skin look beautiful :(

I LOVE Bare Naturale. The first time I used it, I didn't do any research because at that time, I wasn't fiercely into makeup as I am now, so I just grabbed what looked good. Now, I'm going to be repurchsing it for the third time! It seriously DOES give you a natural look. If you don't believe so, you are using it incorrectly. It works great alone and over liquid. At first, I just used it by itself. No, it didn't stay too well, but primer would have easy fixed that. Over liquid foundation, it gives you the most flawless face EVER! A plus: it takes out redness pretty darn well! And, I found a drink for blemishes: stick your finger into the power and press it onto the blemish. It instantley covers it, making it seem almost invisable. If you don't buy it for yourself to try it out, I will!

For reference: I got it in Nude Beige. Unknown MAC color. Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation in Golden Beige (I think that's the name).