L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.2

This is a fair product if you are into mineral makeup. I am not. For me it seems more like glorified translucent powder. Ok if you have oily skin but would not recommend it for dry types. Not a product for concealment or evening tone without looking made up. However it is non irritating and does feel bare.

on 1/1/2013 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mineral foundation runs circles around Bare Minerals. It probably lasts 2 or 3 times longer and is a real bang for the buck! I do use the Bare Minerals primer and then brush this on (lightly, of course). My only criticism is where they put that silly brush and I wonder "Why here......?" Very awkward and unwieldly, much less efficient. I have lots of brushes, so no biggy. Sure hope they never stop making it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try this product because I was so tired of spending a lot of money on Department store make up. The first day I applied it it looked flawless. I thought I found my new HG! 3 days later I started getting pimples. By the time I was done with my work week, I had several pimples. I was so disappointed.

on 3/24/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely loved the finish this product had on my face. It made my skin look absolutely flawless and beautiful. I used my kabuki brush, swirl it in the powder then buff it into my face. Unfortunately, after a few days of using this, I started breaking out in LOTS of little bumps, which was very unusual as I hardly ever get spots. I have since then stopped using this, and the spots have gone away. I wish this didn't make me break out, because it did make my skin look beautiful :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product at an excellent value. It provides great, even coverage and has a great range of colors to choose from. I personally use Buff Beige and it's just the right neutral tone without being too "pinky" or "yellowy." I'd say the coverage is light to moderate... Definitely DO NOT use the brush that comes with this product - I throw it in the trash as soon as I open the packaging because it is awkward, coarse, cheap, and ultimately bad for your face - especially if you have sensitive skin. I like to use a soft kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals or Ulta's professional line to apply this mineral powder. That way it's pretty easy to build and control the amount of coverage. This product is great for sensitive skin... I tried BE's new Matte powder foundation line and it made my normally clear skin break out into random dry, red patches. I switched back to Bare Naturale and my skin cleared right up - it's very gentle. It's also pretty convenient because it's designed as a pressed powder as opposed to loose which makes it easier to control the amount used and to apply on the go.

on 2/22/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in #418 Buff Beige. I was looking for a powder to replace my HG Prescriptives in Y/O Gold 7 and I ran across this at my local drugstore. I thought the price was high for a drugstore brand, but I decided to give a whirl just in case. I DON'T like the flat paintbrush it comes with- it's coarse and doesn't blend in at all. I use my MAC brush in #188 instead and it's muuuch better. It's a bit lighter than I had expected but when i use this as a setting powder on top of the L'Oreal super blendable creamy makeup in N4 it sets it quite nicely.

So far it's a good pick so I can see myself repurchasing when I run out.