L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i read lots of positive reviews on this product and i thought that i might as well give it a try. i am a big fan of mineral foundations because i have acne prone skin. However when i applied the product onto my face at the shop, there was this very unpleasant, iron smell. Bad experience!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good coverage if used only on red spots/dark spots (all over is just too much for me and I don't need it)--I usually stick to the sides of my face near my cheeks where remnants of old blemishes make their marks, and around my eyes where I get sun spots sometimes. Sometimes I tap it right on those spots and blend out and it covers amazingly.

It can be heavy if you cover all of your face, but I can see where it can be hard to stop once you start buffing. I haven't worn foundation in 2 years, and put this on the other night for going out with friends and I was shocked at how pretty I looked with foundation! But I am finally comfortable with my skin so I will probably continue to use this only for special occasions.

I use the tiny pot of concealer powder every day under my eyes--EXCELLENT coverage.

on 12/31/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After Revlon discontinued the original ColorStay mineral foundation I used (and I can't stand the Aqua version, absolutely horrid), I found this, and I love it.

I'm quite pale, so finding a good color match in a foundation has always been a problem. This foundation in Soft Ivory is perfect for me.

I love the coverage, and how flawless it makes me look. (Concealer is sometimes necessary if I have blemishes). It evens out my skin tone without being heavy or obvious.

I despise the packaging, but I just pry the sifter out and transfer the makeup into a regular sifter jar. And I use my own brush, not the one in the packaging.

on 9/8/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was on sale for $10 and for L'Oreal thats extremly cheap! So I thought because of the good brand why not. I usually just buy cheap Australis Powder, and its perfect on my skin. I had never tried mineral foundation before and I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this product. I got the colour Soft Ivory which is very light, even for my Skin its a bit too light (Thank god for bronzer). It go's on very nicely and looked great when first applied. But throughout the day this started to look very heavy and kinda clumpy looking. I have oily skin and this powder has not stopped that at all and the oil seems to have made this make up look pretty heavy. I think also the fact I use a heavy foundation (Revlon Colour Stay Oily/Com) doesnt help to even out this powder. I dont mind the packaging, but I would rather a all in one compact. The brush that it comes with is pointless, and becasue its so small and thin I think it contributes to an uneven application. So I just use my usuall brush which is a mineral brush anyway. It does have great coverage and even though Its gone a bit funny looking with my oily skin it does have staying power.

It's an okay product if your looking for a heavy powder, but I think heavy foundation + heavy mineral powder + oily skin = Bad!!! :(