L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.0

1 review

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really still on the fence with this product. I'm no newbie to mineral foundations and my biggest problem is finding an affordable product in a color light enough to match my NW15 skin that doesn't yellow when applied over my moisturizer. I purchased this product (the loose and pressed version) in Soft Ivory which is very pale. It's a great color match and I haven't noticed any yellowing which is a major plus. Coverage wise it offers the best coverage I've found in a mineral foundation yet. It's very similar to BE Bisque concealer actually. My only real concern is dryness. Most mineral foundations have made my skin oily whereas this one seems to have a drying effect on my skin so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry, flakey skin or to anyone with acne as it tends to make my occassional pimple more oxvious.

The packaging for the loose powder needs some definite improvements. I'd prefer a more shallow cap so I can tap the powder into it. The brush could be done away with completely IMO since it's not up to my standards (although still much softer than brushes I've received with similar DS products and could be used with minimal irritation if I had to) or at the very least detachable. The brush as it is is too short to reach into the cap and swirl the product around so it definitely needs to be longer. Luckily I have my own brushes which can reach the inside of the lid but this might pose a problem for women who don't. I'd probably switch the product to a more convenient container as soon as I have an empty available.