L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

on 6/26/2014 9:23:00 AM

I've been using this powder on and off for about a year. For me, this is much better than L'Oreal liquid foundations which always seemed to disappear throughout the day and didn't do too much for me in the first place. The mineral powder gives me much more of an "air brushed" feeling, and the color (soft ivory) is really perfect for me because I have super fair skin.

I think this foundation actually improved my skin as far as breakouts go and it covers up any redness in my cheeks really well. I use it with the brush that came with it (I know, I know, it's bad). I have to get a new kabuki brush and see if it makes it better.

The only bad things I have to say about it are that if you have dry patches, it makes them more noticeable to me. Also, if you put on too much you'll get cakey--but that happens with any makeup!

on 7/19/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder foundation because it gives a matte finish without feeling heavy. It CAN look cakes though. You have to barely put any on your brush when applying and blend blend blend.

on 6/1/2013 12:43:00 AM

This is a nice, quality powder for times that you want a natural look but not so natural that it does nothing. This has a great texture -- very finely milled, soft, blends easily and looks natural. It's not cakey or powdery at all (which is pretty awesome considering how some powders can look!).

Huge plus -- It doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. It smells good (to me) and is pleasant to use. I can tell with some powders when they have irritating or low quality ingredients.

I think this works well if you have pretty good skin already and just need light coverage to smooth everything out. I find that it does NOT work well as a setting powder; I have dryish skin but when wearing this over foundation I am more shiny than usual. However, wearing it alone it works well and lasts pretty much all day.

Cons:
--high price for the small amount you get
--can be hard to tell what color would match you when buying (this could just be me though)
--not good at controlling oil

I would buy this is again, I like that it is natural looking and soft textured.

***I have a feeling this is being, or close to being discontinued, because the mineral powder trend has played out and it can be hard to find. I found this in a small bin that had been gone through at the grocery store. Unfortunate because this is a good product.